Let's define atheism, and other misnomers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: Let's define atheism, and other misnomers
(04-05-2014 02:56 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 02:37 PM)Artie Wrote:  The standard definition of an atheist is "everybody who is not a theist". That is the only thing all atheists have in common. Not being theists. There is nothing else all atheists have in common.

He's arguing there is a dogmatic group of shared beliefs between all atheists, which is obviously untrue.

So then he proposes an alternate definition for atheism, and argues all atheists should re-identify as "humanists," even if they aren't humanists.

If he can't compose an interesting argument in a way that makes sense, and is complaining while insulting no one can decipher the word spaghetti, and now pretending he's "conducting
an experiment on atheists" to show they all share beliefs" I'm not sure how any interesting discussion can happen with all the trolling.

This is unfortunately true.
I say unfortunately because some of us were even pretty cool with him at first GM and he goes all reactionary, wildman, maverick abuse tornado for no particular reason. Even if he has some good ideas rattling around in that angry cranium of his, you can't escape the fact that he is as charming and engaging is pale dog shit.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 03:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-05-2014 03:08 PM)Charis Wrote:  I would say that this is "cute but irrelevant as all hell," but that would land me in the seas of hypocrisy, as I'm not exactly known for NOT turning threads into e-orgies.

TrainWreck scares the shit outta Anjele. TrainWreck don't scare Girly. ... I like him. ... There but for the grace of God and shit go I. ....

#sigh
04-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I would say that this is "impressive but irrelevant as all hell," but that would land me in the seas of hypocrisy, as I'm not exactly known for NOT turning threads into e-orgies.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
04-05-2014, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 03:26 PM by TrainWreck.)
(04-05-2014 02:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He is saying something interesting, he's just not saying it well.

Your a piece of fucking shit - pig. I did not start the ad homonym attacks - I only defended myself - I am the victim.

(26-04-2014 06:39 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 04:56 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ...the atheists are exercising contradictory doctrines/premises, as well; otherwise they would be working on developing a scientific political charter, instead of spending so much time and energy arguing with you about the existence of your imaginary being that is only the personification of allegorical concepts.

This right here makes no kind of fucking sense.
First of all, atheist, or atheism has no doctrines or premises to be contradictory, except for lack of belief in a "god" or "gods". The only doctrinaire or premise of atheism that could contradiction that is having a belief in a "god" or "gods". But belief in "god/s" is not a premise Mathis, so no contradiction there.
"...otherwise they would be working on developing a scientific political charter,..."
Ummm..."scientific political charter"...what the fuck are you talking about?
"...instead of spending so much time and energy arguing with you about the existence of your imaginary being that is only the personification of allegorical concepts."
Couldn't theist spend more time on other things than arguing others about the existence of their imaginary sky daddy? What is your point?

Maybe, you would like to compliment him on his "referring to the Bible" reasoning!

Raptor_Jesus Wrote:
(27-04-2014 12:22 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I addressed that when I said something about his god is only interested in arguing about it existence. But, your argument is probably going to be met - Christians are probably going to be credited with having approved of the generation of a scientific political charter, and atheists will be charged with having rejected the idea on its premise.

That's nothing to be proud of.
What the fuck is it that you think you are even saying? I can't even address this, because it is only simulates a coherent statement, without actually being one.

It wasn't until after this that I laid into this amateur.

And it wasn't until the 60th post of this thread that I returned any ad homonym attacks - go fuck yourself Girlyman - you an idiot bitch.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
04-05-2014, 03:20 PM
(04-05-2014 03:10 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  This is unfortunately true.
I say unfortunately because some of us were even pretty cool with him at first GM and he goes all reactionary, wildman, maverick abuse tornado for no particular reason. Even if he has some good ideas rattling around in that angry cranium of his, you can't escape the fact that he is as charming and engaging is pale dog shit.
Are you shitting yourself, or something???
(26-04-2014 10:42 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ol' TW is a political nut Drinking Beverage Sure he will be *delighted* to detail exactly what flavour.

Did he just pick his interwebz monica to save us all loads of bother? Drinking Beverage
What the fuck is that about - bitch???

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
04-05-2014, 03:29 PM
(04-05-2014 03:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 02:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He is saying something interesting, he's just not saying it well.

Your a piece of fucking shit - pig. I did not start the ad homonym attacks - I only defended myself - I am the victim.

"You're a piece of fucking shit - pig. I did not start the ad hominem attacks - I only defended myself - I am the victim.

Come here you and give us a bigass Girly hug, you fucking TrainWreck. . .... big lug and shit ...
[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

#sigh
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
(04-05-2014 03:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  go fuck yourself Girlyman - you an idiot bitch.

Awww, he has a major crush on GirlyMan. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Feel the bromance! Heart

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
04-05-2014, 03:35 PM
(27-04-2014 07:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:24 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I have to wait until tomorrow to start the debate. We should try to get some kind of rules if we want to make any difference,

Nah, no fucking rules. Tabula rasa. Freethinking and freewheeling and seeing what emerges.
Well, here we are.

[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
(04-05-2014 03:35 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Well, here we are.

And where would that be?