Let's define atheism, and other misnomers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Let's define atheism, and other misnomers
(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Um...I thought the definitions were already defined?
Um...I believe that misnomers exist and they are the root of the atheists errors in reasoning.

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So..are you talking about online chat room discussions? Meeting down the local Pub type discussions? The often, random, standing around the water-cooler discussions?
You left out scientific review and political campaign.

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Language definitions change in context depending on who and when are speaking....
Um...the information age and the dependence on artificial intelligence is leading us to the necessity of a more standardized system.

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Still really not sure what you were saying earlier, either.
Mistakes in describing and classifying things were subject to error, because the people doing the classifying were stupid fucking Christians...

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Much cheers to all.
Um...get lost with your pretentious....Um....

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 08:14 PM
(06-05-2014 10:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  OK if you're so clever then answer this.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

This is a very real question asked many times on this forum. Google the following to see for yourself.

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood" site:thethinkingatheist.com

Or, what about this question...

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill, if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

[Image: bear-grylls1.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
06-05-2014, 08:26 PM
(06-05-2014 07:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Um...I thought the definitions were already defined?
Um...I believe that misnomers exist and they are the root of the atheists errors in reasoning.
Um...really, TrainWreck...you really think platypuses are misnamed.

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So..are you talking about online chat room discussions? Meeting down the local Pub type discussions? The often, random, standing around the water-cooler discussions?
You left out scientific review and political campaign.
You left out cat and mouse. Did you ever even consider the cheese! That's the most important part!

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Language definitions change in context depending on who and when are speaking....
Um...the information age and the dependence on artificial intelligence is leading us to the necessity of a more standardized system.
Not when there are carrier pigeons

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Still really not sure what you were saying earlier, either.
Mistakes in describing and classifying things were subject to error, because the people doing the classifying were stupid fucking Christians...
Are you really honestly making the argument that deer are better psychologist than cabbages...really?!Facepalm ...think again...

(04-05-2014 01:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Much cheers to all.
Um...get lost with your pretentious....Um....
I like your insights. How do I subscribe to your newsletter, my good sir?

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
06-05-2014, 10:31 PM
(06-05-2014 07:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ...Replied...

Thank you for that reply/information.

Will you be addressing any of my previous posts?

As for my attempt at 'casual' conversation, it is obvious that you are intent on staying to the very strictest of language rules, hence illustrating my point that not every one at all times does so.

Much cheers to all.

(And you can hoist your opinions on my good cheer where the sun doesn't shine, TrainWreck.)
07-05-2014, 04:51 AM
(06-05-2014 10:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  OK if you're so clever then answer this.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

This is a very real question asked many times on this forum. Google the following to see for yourself.

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood" site:thethinkingatheist.com

You could count them :

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
07-05-2014, 11:12 AM
(06-05-2014 09:34 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 09:26 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So, you don't already know this, you who deign to define everything for us all? Hobo

Then atheists are going to incur some major problems. Since the United States government is classified as a secular republic, and that means Christians cannot assert their morality into law, they will have standing to charge a complaint of fraud against the sovereignty of the Constitution; and it will be further supported by the fact that their are now, institutionalized disagreement to the understanding of the document, indicating that it is in the breach among the people.

National Non Sequitur Society: "We may not make sense, but we like pizza".

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
(06-05-2014 07:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Um...the information age and the dependence on artificial intelligence is leading us to the necessity of a more standardized system.

The dependence on artificial intelligence? We aren't dependent on artificial intelligence. We have our own intelligence and... Ahhh. Hmm. I see.

This may actually explain a great deal. Consider
07-05-2014, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 01:55 PM by TrainWreck.)
(04-05-2014 09:35 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 11:08 AM)natachan Wrote:  1) atheism, the disbelief in god
2) humanism, a belief in the importance of human beings and their power to act towards the betterment of humanity
3) secularism, the value of separating church and state

seems about accurate to me. Then you go further down the line and hit theists.

Give us the full order, Shadow Fox - let's get this stuff straighten-out. The robots' programming of artificial intelligence needs this stuff ordered. What is ordered between secularism and theism???

Once we get this shit straighten-out your expectations of artificial intelligence, helping you understand reality, will emerge.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
07-05-2014, 02:15 PM
(07-05-2014 01:51 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Give us the full order, Shadow Fox - let's get this stuff straighten-out. The robots' programming of artificial intelligence needs this stuff ordered. What is ordered between secularism and theism???

Once we get this shit straighten-out your expectations of artificial intelligence, helping you understand reality, will emerge.

Are you one of those conspiracy nutter meth addicts?

Did you steal your pc?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
08-05-2014, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 01:47 AM by djhall.)
Quote:Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality

Okay, I am rather confused about one thing. If I personally posit a supernatural entity creates and defines reality, but I am opposed to theist doctrine in public policy, am I a theist, an atheist, or an atheist theist? Huh
[+] 2 users Like djhall's post