Let's define atheism, and other misnomers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: Let's define atheism, and other misnomers
(28-04-2014 12:53 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Are you saying that "Atheists are political"?

Or are you saying "Atheists should become political"?
Atheists are political, and usually deny it in favor of a faulty ontological description. Atheists need to accept that their designation, "atheism," is a political doctrine opposed to theist religious based law - which is what atheist organizations do - oppose theist based law - civil rights for atheists.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't mean to be rude here, but do you have some sort of learning disability preventing you from understanding the definitions of words?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
28-04-2014, 01:11 PM
(28-04-2014 01:05 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Atheists are political, and usually deny it in favor of a faulty ontological description. Atheists need to accept that their designation, "atheism," is a political doctrine opposed to theist religious based law - which is what atheist organizations do.

At work on phone.

Um...so you are definitely saying that "Atheism" is a political organization? All people who might identify themselves as atheists are actually, some how, members of this political organization/group?

*Blinks...*

Much cheers to all
28-04-2014, 01:12 PM
(28-04-2014 01:08 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I don't mean to be rude here, but do you have some sort of learning disability preventing you from understanding the definitions of words?
You are not being rude - you're being pretentiously stupid.

Do you know who edits the dictionaries - have you checked their credentials?

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
28-04-2014, 01:13 PM
(28-04-2014 01:12 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:08 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I don't mean to be rude here, but do you have some sort of learning disability preventing you from understanding the definitions of words?
You are not being rude - you're being pretentiously stupid.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
28-04-2014, 01:15 PM
(28-04-2014 01:11 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:05 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Atheists are political, and usually deny it in favor of a faulty ontological description. Atheists need to accept that their designation, "atheism," is a political doctrine opposed to theist religious based law - which is what atheist organizations do.

At work on phone.

Um...so you are definitely saying that "Atheism" is a political organization? All people who might identify themselves as atheists are actually, some how, members of this political organization/group?
I don't mean to be rude here, but do you have some sort of learning disability preventing you from understanding the structure of the sentence:
Quote:"atheism," is a political doctrine opposed to theist religious based law

28-04-2014, 01:17 PM
(28-04-2014 01:13 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Do you know who edits the dictionaries - have you checked their credentials?
No, I do not.

[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
28-04-2014, 01:22 PM
(28-04-2014 01:05 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 12:53 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Are you saying that "Atheists are political"?

Atheists are political, and usually deny it in favor of a faulty ontological description. Atheists need to accept that their designation, "atheism," is a political doctrine opposed to theist religious based law - which is what atheist organizations do - oppose theist based law - civil rights for atheists.

Atheists can appear politically motivated, but its only when antagonised by ignorance, otherwise it primarily just a stance of bullshit to flimsy evidence of theism.

Ontological arguments are separate/unrelated to Atheism and humanism, I don't understand how you are connecting them to either.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
28-04-2014, 01:23 PM
(28-04-2014 01:05 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  

No. Not all atheists care about religious based laws. That is secularism. Atheism is a rejection of theism. It is a disbelief in god. No more. No less
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
28-04-2014, 01:26 PM
(28-04-2014 12:51 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 12:41 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You didn't even read nor comment on my posts............. so............ yeah......... I call bullshit on everyone here is wrong BUT you. Eeeesh
I read each of your comments and they seemed to be structured to describie me as a theist and obligated to define "god." I did that, and considered the post about reality to be the only one worthy of a response.

Nope.
I never ONCE asked YOU to define God Nor did I ever call YOU a theist.

methinks you're not reading too well today.

Thus my suggestion that your reading comprehension might be off. I can answer you back all day long and we can all continue to watch you pee around the bushes here at our house.
But that won't make you ANY more correct in your assumptions. No matter how many times you arrogantly type how RIGHT you think yourself to be. That won't make it real.

You can, however, continue to stroke your own ego. Sure............ that'll turn back time and put you in a rational discussion. You know........the discussion you blew past in your bubble of self-satisfaction and denial. I hope for your sake you at least decorated your bubble with pretty colors and maybe piped in some music.

My brilliant descriptions are just so so very lost on you. Aren't they?

LMAO

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load