Let's get some shoes! OMG Shoes!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: Let's get some shoes! OMG Shoes!
Fun fact: High heels where originally invented for men. The earliest high heel was traced back to Egyptian butchers that used the raised heel to keep their feet clear of blood.

But during the rennessace heels where used to be a statuses symbol.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
16-06-2017, 12:07 AM
(15-06-2017 11:28 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  [Image: converse-all-star-hi-schuhe-gruen-1110-zoom-0.jpg]

My wife and daughter won't let me get these favorite shoes from my teen years. I still look at them longingly whenever I see them.Sadcryface

Chuck Taylor's are classic for a reason.

That being said, I personally prefer low cut skater shoes. Predominantly black, maybe with a touch of white and white laces; but all black works just as well.

[Image: 0eea08dd158d295ea7e45f64d3075870.jpg]

No Adidas triple stripe, no Nike swoosh, no Chuck Taylor seal of approval. Just shoes that don't grab attention, shoes that say little more than 'I like things simple and comfortable' and 'I'm not defined by what I wear on my feet'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-06-2017, 07:38 AM
(16-06-2017 12:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 11:28 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  [Image: converse-all-star-hi-schuhe-gruen-1110-zoom-0.jpg]

My wife and daughter won't let me get these favorite shoes from my teen years. I still look at them longingly whenever I see them.Sadcryface

Chuck Taylor's are classic for a reason.

That being said, I personally prefer low cut skater shoes. Predominantly black, maybe with a touch of white and white laces; but all black works just as well.

[Image: 0eea08dd158d295ea7e45f64d3075870.jpg]

No Adidas triple stripe, no Nike swoosh, no Chuck Taylor seal of approval. Just shoes that don't grab attention, shoes that say little more than 'I like things simple and comfortable' and 'I'm not defined by what I wear on my feet'.

Skater shoes used to be my go-to shoe. Big Grin But then, I did skate for several years. I even have scars to prove it. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
20-06-2017, 08:56 AM
(15-06-2017 10:14 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Fun fact: High heels where originally invented for men. The earliest high heel was traced back to Egyptian butchers that used the raised heel to keep their feet clear of blood.

They were also used by Persian men in the 9th century riding their horses into battle. The high heels served as a way to keep their shoes hooked into the stirrups. I think these Persian shoes are from the 15th century but you can get the picture of how the heel would hook into the stirrup.

[Image: _65445029_p06-0015.jpg]

All things Persian became a big fad in the 16th century when they extended their rule further west and bumped up Europeans. Of course royality was the first to fall in love with the high heeled shoe.

[Image: Picnik-collage-king-louis-XIV.jpg?10440646187589873490]

Only royality was allowed to wear the red heels, mostly because the colorful red dye was very expensive. It was made by crushing up tiny little dead bugs called cochineal

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

These days you can buy the dead bugs online and crush them and make a really beautiful red dye.

[Image: cochineal.top.jpg]

[Image: a-craftsman-demonstrates-the-red-color-f...EC21H2.jpg]

This is what the British used for their military Red Coats but these days it's put in lipstick, rouge, food and tons of other stuff. The funny part is that vegegarians get all upset that dead bugs are in makeup but it's much more natural and better for the environment than synthetic dies. (Sorry Jenny)

Boy did I get sidetracked. Started off with high heeled shoes and ended up with dead bugs. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-06-2017, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 02:13 PM by jennybee.)
(20-06-2017 08:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 10:14 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Fun fact: High heels where originally invented for men. The earliest high heel was traced back to Egyptian butchers that used the raised heel to keep their feet clear of blood.

They were also used by Persian men in the 9th century riding their horses into battle. The high heels served as a way to keep their shoes hooked into the stirrups. I think these Persian shoes are from the 15th century but you can get the picture of how the heel would hook into the stirrup.

[Image: _65445029_p06-0015.jpg]

All things Persian became a big fad in the 16th century when they extended their rule further west and bumped up Europeans. Of course royality was the first to fall in love with the high heeled shoe.

[Image: Picnik-collage-king-louis-XIV.jpg?10440646187589873490]

Only royality was allowed to wear the red heels, mostly because the colorful red dye was very expensive. It was made by crushing up tiny little dead bugs called cochineal

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

These days you can buy the dead bugs online and crush them and make a really beautiful red dye.

[Image: cochineal.top.jpg]

[Image: a-craftsman-demonstrates-the-red-color-f...EC21H2.jpg]

This is what the British used for their military Red Coats but these days it's put in lipstick, rouge, food and tons of other stuff. The funny part is that vegegarians get all upset that dead bugs are in makeup but it's much more natural and better for the environment than synthetic dies. (Sorry Jenny)

Boy did I get sidetracked. Started off with high heeled shoes and ended up with dead bugs. Tongue

I understand. I just don't like anything to die for fashion. I'd rather just run around naked if I could Laugh out load Naked with some really nice stylish vegan shoes Tongue I mean I'm not a total hippie Big Grin

*also I promise I won't divert the thread--it's all about shoes, so here ya go...

[Image: 93499d4a472b081fc2d5e14fa76e7769.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
20-06-2017, 02:55 PM
(15-06-2017 01:10 PM)kim Wrote:  One of my actual favorite shoes by Alexander McQueen is a simple Oxford ...
[Image: Alexander-Mcqueen-shoes.jpg]
I still have a couple of pairs of these laying around - not McQueen, of course. Oxfords are some of the most comfortable and stylish shoe ever made. Shy

Good quality men's golf shoes look like that. Or used to.

But women's golf shoes ... Drooling

[Image: 1WINGTIPpatent1.png][Image: 1WINGTIPmadred.png][Image: FJ_91653_04.jpg]

Almost enough for me to switch sides. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-06-2017, 08:33 AM
[Image: natalieveganshoes1.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Love them Jenny! Drooling

Question- pointed toes on your shoes or rounded or both?

I don't like pointed toes. I don't know why, but they seem weird to me. I like rounded tips.
23-06-2017, 09:50 AM
(23-06-2017 08:55 AM)Emma Wrote:  Love them Jenny! Drooling

Question- pointed toes on your shoes or rounded or both?

I don't like pointed toes. I don't know why, but they seem weird to me. I like rounded tips.

I like both-for me, it depends on the outfit.

23-06-2017, 10:07 AM
I have a hard time picturing an outfit that I feel like pointy tips would work for me. But maybe it's there and I've just not found it yet!