Let's grab the popcorn!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2010, 07:49 PM
RE: Let's grab the popcorn!!!
Anyone seen "Elegant Universe"? Its got lots to do with theories as much as proven science, so it could really make for some interesting discussion. Its quite a long program, but well worth the time.

I'd be game, although I would suggest that instead of us all asking questions, and Martin and Unbeliever answer them, that perhaps we could all contribute on an equal basis? Also, maybe we could choose the program, and give everyone, say, a week or so to watch it, then open the door to discussion. (It would definitely be interesting to have the discussion all together at the same time, I'm just suggesting we allow a wek to actually watch the program that we choose) That way we are not taking a whole afternoon, and leaving things a little more open to attract and accomidate more participants.

Just some suggestions.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2010, 07:53 PM
(16-03-2010 07:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'd be game, although I would suggest that instead of us all asking questions, and Martin and Unbeliever answer them, that perhaps we could all contribute on an equal basis? Also, maybe we could choose the program, and give everyone, say, a week or so to watch it, then open the door to discussion. (It would definitely be interesting to have the discussion all together at the same time, I'm just suggesting we allow a wek to actually watch the program that we choose) That way we are not taking a whole afternoon, and leaving things a little more open to attract and accomidate more participants.

Just some suggestions.

And they're all good ones. martin, what do you say?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2010, 10:14 AM

I think that could be better, in order for most of us to participate. We can choose a film to watch every week and then debate. Of course this is completely different from what Martin suggested Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I sure hope we aren't abandoning this idea just because Martin isn't around any more.

What does everyone else think? Who's in? Any other suggestions for movies?

Just visiting.

-SR
17-03-2010, 11:14 PM
(17-03-2010 11:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I sure hope we aren't abandoning this idea just because Martin isn't around any more.

What does everyone else think? Who's in? Any other suggestions for movies?

I'm still in, although I'm blank idea wise.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
18-03-2010, 04:57 AM

How about this as a first idea? I just watched the movie The Road with Viggo Mortensen...it was dark, a post-apocalyptic movie.

I think there is a lot to discuss of it from a 'humanities' perspective. I don't want to go too much into this, maybe start a new thread just for the movie itself.

Anyone else see the movie? Anyone need to see it to participate in the forum?
Quote this message in a reply