Let's grab the popcorn!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2010, 04:38 PM

Let's grab the popcorn!!!
I propose movie night here at the "the thinking atheist". Let's pick a video, maybe Dawkin's evolution that was posted in an earlier link, and watch maybe two parts of it. I will comment and unbeliever will comment, and others can type questions. Maybe we can use team viewer, or IT guys figure out a free way to make it happen, maybe skype, it has remote viewing.
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2010, 04:40 PM
RE: Let's grab the popcorn!!!
Sounds like a good idea to me, I used to participate in a movie group on another forum and it was kind of fun but we never really watched anything serious.

Of course this all relies on Unbeliever's participation...

Also, LiveStream is another option...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Sounds like fun. Because, sadly enough, I have nothing better to so than watch a movie with people I have never met on my spring break.

But honestly, I'm game.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-03-2010, 04:50 PM

(16-03-2010 04:46 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Sounds like fun. Because, sadly enough, I have nothing better to so than watch a movie with people I have never met on my spring break.

But honestly, I'm game.

They are ten minutes apiece, we can do one if people want.
16-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I might be able to do it, but we'll have to wait until I'm done with dinner. Making homemade spaghetti sauce is tough, but this stuff is worth it... *drools*

Also, if we want to have quicker communication, we could use Skype. It has voice chat capability.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 05:32 PM
(16-03-2010 05:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Also, if we want to have quicker communication, we could use Skype. It has voice chat capability.

I cringe at the thought of all hearing my speech impediment.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-03-2010, 05:32 PM

(16-03-2010 05:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I might be able to do it, but we'll have to wait until I'm done with dinner. Making homemade spaghetti sauce is tough, but this stuff is worth it... *drools*

Also, if we want to have quicker communication, we could use Skype. It has voice chat capability.

Let's make a date during the week maybe a week from now or a Saturday morning, Let everyone know, work out the logistics etc. Pick which video, let everyone know so they can watch ahead of time and have comments ready and let's play. Deal?
16-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Mmkay. Sounds good. I can do any time this Saturday (probably, unless I've forgotten something), and any time after, say, five during the following week. I can also do any time this week, except tomorrow (I'm on spring break), when I have something scheduled.

- Terry Pratchett
16-03-2010, 05:51 PM

(16-03-2010 05:34 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Mmkay. Sounds good. I can do any time this Saturday (probably, unless I've forgotten something), and any time after, say, five during the following week. I can also do any time this week, except tomorrow (I'm on spring break), when I have something scheduled.

Lets pick a video, your choice, I don't care what it is, or who did it
16-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Since this is a group thing, perhaps we should take suggestions from everyone?

I'm afraid that I can't make any suggestions myself. Like I've said before, I don't read or watch much to do with the more famous atheists. I've never seen any of Dawkins' videos, or even Carl Sagan's Cosmos (though I would like to see that one). About the closest I could come to recommending a video for this would be to suggest some Bill Nye the Science Guy episode.

- Terry Pratchett