Let's laugh at the OT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Let's laugh at the OT
Big Grin

"All powerful, all perfect, all knowing, all wise... somehow... just can't handle money."

Mr. Carlin everyone.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Cosmo's post
13-08-2017, 01:13 PM
(12-08-2017 09:21 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 02:20 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  

Sorry, I posted it in some thread about bushes and Moses and stuff. Then I figured that thread was about a really good acid trip or something. So i pulled it from there, and moved it here. Didn't really get what was going on in that thread, but, it reminded me of this, though.

This thread is about how ridiculous the Genesis account of Abraham is, when put into perspective.

Definitely a parody. My theist friends, don't be offended. My atheist friends, enjoy.

Anyone remember that time Abram went into Egypt and pretended Sarai was his sister and not his wife (technically she was both. Ew.) for some reason, and then the land was cursed because the Pharaoh tried to get with her? (Gen. 12)

Remember that time Abraham did the same exact thing with king Abimalech 8 chapters later?

Remember that time the SAME EXACT THING happened with Isaac and Rebekah with the SAME king 6 chapters later?

Just... Facepalm

wtf...

Sequels..... Hollywood did the same thing with the Rocky movies.... and Star Wars.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
13-08-2017, 01:35 PM
(13-08-2017 01:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 09:21 AM)TSG Wrote:  Anyone remember that time Abram went into Egypt and pretended Sarai was his sister and not his wife (technically she was both. Ew.) for some reason, and then the land was cursed because the Pharaoh tried to get with her? (Gen. 12)

Remember that time Abraham did the same exact thing with king Abimalech 8 chapters later?

Remember that time the SAME EXACT THING happened with Isaac and Rebekah with the SAME king 6 chapters later?

Just... Facepalm

wtf...

Sequels..... Hollywood did the same thing with the Rocky movies.... and Star Wars.

The OT was full of awful, rehashed sequels, but we've been waiting for the Second Coming for like 2000 years. Facepalm

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
15-08-2017, 01:11 PM
(11-08-2017 11:08 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  The Old Testament is full of valuable wisdom, like Proverbs and Psalms. I had a dream I was in Heaven once after reading Psalms, it was such a great dream.

Who cares?
15-08-2017, 01:15 PM
(15-08-2017 01:11 PM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 11:08 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  The Old Testament is full of valuable wisdom, like Proverbs and Psalms. I had a dream I was in Heaven once after reading Psalms, it was such a great dream.

Who cares?

I dreamed I flew over Willy Wonka's chocolate factory the other day and stopped for some libation. It was a such great dream!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
15-08-2017, 02:07 PM
(15-08-2017 01:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 01:11 PM)kemo boy Wrote:  Who cares?

I dreamed I flew over Willy Wonka's chocolate factory the other day and stopped for some libation. It was a such great dream!

A fizzy lifting drink?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-08-2017, 10:30 PM
(15-08-2017 01:11 PM)kemo boy Wrote:  

Who cares?

I do, ya goof.
16-08-2017, 01:38 PM
(12-08-2017 09:21 AM)TSG Wrote:  Anyone remember that time Abram went into Egypt and pretended Sarai was his sister and not his wife (technically she was both. Ew.) for some reason, and then the land was cursed because the Pharaoh tried to get with her? (Gen. 12)

Just... Facepalm

wtf...

Reminds me of music groups who release songs that sound exactly the same as the previous ones.
16-08-2017, 01:39 PM

Unfortunately for you, heaven is about as real as that dream. Hope you enjoyed it.
16-08-2017, 05:12 PM
"Lets all laugh at the Old Testament"

Ok sure.... Every human you meet is heavily inbreed according to the OT. Enjoy.

hehehehehehehhehe

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post