Let's make a band!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Music Let's make a band!
How did no one even come up with this yet!

So here is what I am thinking.
I would like to start off with a small project, and if we all have fun and like it, we just keep going.
I was thinking of a song that pretty much every one knows and we could just do a cover of it to see how it works out.
How about "Losing my Religion" by REM? Might be a song that everyone connects with in a way.

For Losing my Religion specifically, we will need:
* Singer (Tenor)
* Maybe background singers (pref. male tenor and female at least as low as alto)
* Piano / Keyboard
* Rythm Guitar
* Drums
* If there is someone good at mixing, I am happy to have you on board, because I personally would just put it all in audacity Big Grin
* If there is someone who would have fun creating some type of video or animated video for the music, would be sweet to have you on board as well.

So here are the information I need from you in order to be able to organise this thing (this is for this first song as well as for any potential future projects):

* What instrument(s) do you play and to what skill level(s)?
* For guitar: Classical? Rythm? Lead? etc...
* For singers: Soprano?, Tenor?, Trained voice? If trained voice, what style, if not, what style do you prefer etc...
* In what timezone are you living (or country, if you don't know)?
* Do you have Skype and a headset (so we can have a quick initial skype meeting)?

Plan atm:
Once there are enough people who might wanna sign up for this, I will send pm's to exchange Skype details and to give you a link to a shared google doc, so we can organize stuff.
So let me know what you think and post especially if you would like to participate Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Let's make a band!
I am double posting just to keep my submission separate from the OP, so things are better organized.

* What instrument(s) do you play and to what skill level(s)?
>>> I play Rythm Guitar decent (not a pro but decent) and I sing Alto and sometimes Tenor. Used to have a pretty trained voice but need to get back into it.
* In what timezone are you living (or country, if you don't know)?
>>> Timzone: Ireland
* Do you have Skype and a headset (so we can have a quick initial skype meeting)?
>>> Yes

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
21-07-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Let's make a band!
I can only be a groupie.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post