Let's make a new religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Let's make a new religion
I was having an idea on what kind of a religion would be fun to start. What if the basic premise of the religion is: God gave us free will, therefor if you don't believe in him you will go to heaven because you passed god's test, he wants us to use our brain and he clearly removed as much evidence of himself as possible, so obviously the most logical conclusion is that there is no God. So all atheists will go to heaven and believers go to hell.

All the rest of the religion, the history, the message, prophets, etc. It doesn't really matter because as a true follower you should not believe in it.

This will end the whole "if you're wrong as an atheist you'll go to hell but if you're wrong as a believer nothing will happen after you die".

chan chan ki sikin aman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: Let's make a new religion
(26-06-2012 06:46 PM)Crusher Wrote:  I was having an idea on what kind of a religion would be fun to start. What if the basic premise of the religion is: God gave us free will, therefor if you don't believe in him you will go to heaven because you passed god's test, he wants us to use our brain and he clearly removed as much evidence of himself as possible, so obviously the most logical conclusion is that there is no God. So all atheists will go to heaven and believers go to hell.

All the rest of the religion, the history, the message, prophets, etc. It doesn't really matter because as a true follower you should not believe in it.

This will end the whole "if you're wrong as an atheist you'll go to hell but if you're wrong as a believer nothing will happen after you die".
I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-06-2012, 07:48 PM
From the book of Atheists:
God returned to earth and he called together all the religious leaders, both alive and dead, who had support belief in him through the ages.
He asked of them, "What reason did you give the people to believe in me?"
They replied, "We told them to have faith in your grace."
God then asked, "Why did you believe? Who told you to have faith?"
They replied, "We read your books and scriptures. From these we had faith."
God then asked, "Who told you the books were my words?"
The faithful replied, "We were taught from our forefathers. They said the books were true."
God proclaimed, "I wrote no such books. As your forefathers are present with you today, how do they claim the books to be my works?"
They had no answer. At that moment the creator of the universe destroyed the souls of the faithful.
God then turned to the atheists among them and said, "You alone questioned the books written by men in my name. You are worthy of existence in my kingdom."

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 6 users Like Thomas's post
26-06-2012, 08:27 PM
If we want to go that route, I suggest we follow the religion of the Church of Kopimism in a fundamentalist way.

Missionary_Church_of_Kopimism
Since it already has the tenant of respecting information and the free sharing of; we could take that to the extreme. Let's just say that if you do not be respect the spreading of empirical information, you will be eternally tormented in a ring of fire.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-06-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm already getting "Animal Farm" type future glimpses in my mind. The quasi-sarcastic origin of the atheist religion would be forgotten and people would devote themselves to it as unthinkingly as normal religion. Before you know it, wars are breaking out over disputes in minute details of the wording of the sacred text. Our attempts to mock ignorance ironically would become that very same ignorance. And "atheists" toward the atheist religion would emerge, futilely trying to expose the religion for what it is, failing to register on deaf ears.

Even if we started the first chapter of our atheist religion guidebook with "this religion is fake and only to be used satirically to emphasize the logical flaws in modern religion," that sentence would be conveniently lost or translated so many times that it bears little resemblance to its source.

It would end up something like: "All other religions are fake and appear as satire to the one true Atheism Religion. Other religions are flawed and only emphasize the logic inherent in the Divine way."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
26-06-2012, 11:23 PM
A "thinking man's god" would be great, but I want the ability to say "my god could kick your god's ass."
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-06-2012, 11:43 PM
(26-06-2012 06:46 PM)Crusher Wrote:  I was having an idea on what kind of a religion would be fun to start.

That'll be none. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
27-06-2012, 03:19 AM
It's not very good, but this can be OUR version of the Garden of Eden.

God's creation had now evolved into a state which could overtake the world, called Man. Satan, being the eternal rival of God stole these creatures and hide them in a garden, beyond the eyes of the Lord. In this garden, man would live in eternal bliss, but would be ignorant of God.
One day, God found the garden and saw his creation within it. Satan, however, would not just allow God into the garden. Therefore, God disguised himself as a snake and quietly moved into the garden. In the middle of the garden, God planted a tree within which he place his essence.
Once the tree grew, God took residence within the branches of the tree until one day, a woman named Eve came to see this tree.
"I cannot eat from this tree." Eve said. "My god has told me that I will die if I do."
"Has he?" Inquired God from among the branches. "You will not die. You will merely gain the knowledge of good and evil and know as your god does."
So Eve ate from the tree and gave the fruit to her husband, Adam. Then the two became aware of their nudity, and their existence. Mankind was sapient.
Seeing that their god was in fact Satan, mankind then left the garden with God and continued to pursue knowledge from that point forth.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Science Believer's post
27-06-2012, 05:11 AM
How about a God, which is a game master. He scatters knowledge in the form of invisible crystals throughout the entire universe. The goal of God is to find the ultimate intelligent being in the universe, the one who is able to collect the most crystals. To make the competition fairer, just by collecting a certain number of crystals (dependent on time given to collect the crystals) will be eligible for a meeting with God himself. There are various ways to collect crystals, such as reading a new book, helping another person, experience something new, and many, many other ways that enrich life. Basically, by living a fulfilling life, through doing good deeds and constantly improving oneself, you get to enjoy the afterlife. Those who fail to do so, they will not suffer eternal damnation, but given another chance to seek out more crystals. The game ends when everyone has reached their goal, and the game restarts.

Or how about God was a convict, doomed to wander in the 3rd dimension by an extra-dimensional judge for grand theft galaxy. The universe we live in is his prison, and he is stuck until the universe collapses, in which his sentence will be over. Not pleased with his current state, he started creating life around certain stars, stars that seemed special to him. One of the stars he chosen was our Sun, of course. He allowed the life to reach the stage of conscious lifeforms, and then caused a disaster on the planet that would cause widespread suffering and death. Earth was no exception, in which once the later dinosaurs gained consciousness, God sent a giant asteroid towards Earth, killing the dinosaurs before they had a chance to figure out the theory of everything. What this God did not expect is the survival of some species on Earth. But the corruption is done, and the scar the asteroid left behind reeks of God's evil power, which in turn caused natural disasters, suffering, and evilness in general. The next generation of intelligent creatures attempted to reach a stage of compromise with God. God, being the evil bastard, decided to give the creatures nonsensical sets of conditions to please him, which he planned all along to create chaos among the intelligent creatures. To this day, his influence permeates this planet, and will continue to stay until the Sun eats the planet up, in which the Sun explodes out of sheer evilness.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
27-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I actually think turning atheism into a proper religion is a perfect way to convert believers who aren't really sure about their religion but just keep believing because it gives them happy thoughts.

God is testing us, he gave us free will, a superiour brain, then he removed all the evidence he's the creator of everything and asks us to believe in him without asking questions and without any proof. Just the fact he gave us logical thinking and then demands us to have faith is evidence enough he wants us to not believe in him. He wants us to use our full potential. To question everything, to use the evidence around us and it al leads to the conclusion that there is no god. To read the bible, thora, quran or any other holy book and to be an atheist after it is the true test of god because all the books make little sense when you read it critically and after all, what god wouldn't want to have its creation think for itself.

All atheists go to heaven!

chan chan ki sikin aman
[+] 1 user Likes Crusher's post