Let's see yout tattoos!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Let's see yout tattoos!
Just wanted to see everyone's tattoos. I am toying with the idea of getting one this winter, but I need to first get someone to draw up what I want. If someone here is good at it, and would be willing to draw it up let me know. Here is my only tattoo, I guess I have had it for about four years now. This picture is of it just after I got it.

[Image: 2564_1056734632862_3317192_n.jpg]

From my days in the Navy, I'm not active duty anymore, but I still love the traditional style nautical tattoos.

Alright, your turn, show us your ink!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: Let's see yout tattoos!
Mine is my profile pic...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
14-10-2012, 02:37 AM
I now have 7 including this new gem...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
Stephen Hawking
[+] 1 user Likes WalkingWithoutGod's post
14-10-2012, 05:41 PM
I got skin problems and therefore am not posting pics of myself until things are taken care of. I figure I'm about 30% covered in tattoos, I've stopped counting the number of them and just think in terms of coverage at this point...

Left leg: inverted cross, a bunch of deep sea fish.
Right leg: Pentagram with raven in it (Blodarv logo), a few illustrations from the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books.
Stomach: dragon.
Chest: a geometric design and 666.

Some of these reflect my associations with the black metal music scene, yes... I have plans for my arms but again, skin problems, so I cannot finish any or get any new ones right now.
14-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I need to get some better pics of my leg...ocean scene with a blue marlin on one side and the Cape Hatteras light on the other...beach and waves all around from right knee to ankle. If I could ever figure out that damn panoramic thing on my camera I could get a good photo.

Vine around opposite ankle with some of the tendrils actually the initials of my kids and grandkids...still need to get a "T" added to that one.

A kind of yin/yang sun/moon thing on the outside of one thigh and a larger sun with the center a crescent moon that looks like an old man on the other.

My breast cancer ribbon on my left inner forearm with the words "approaching normal" that I had done on the one year anniversary of my mastectomies.

And the obligatory first tattoo of a rose where my left breast used to be...propped up by the implant now. The surgeon told me she could save it...ha, ha...it's so cliche' that I wouldn't have been too upset if it had to go.

I found a pic that I really, really like but it would be big and I am not sure where to put it although I know who I would have do it if I ever decide to get it done.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
14-10-2012, 07:28 PM
(14-10-2012 05:41 PM)amyb Wrote:  I got skin problems and therefore am not posting pics of myself until things are taken care of. I figure I'm about 30% covered in tattoos, I've stopped counting the number of them and just think in terms of coverage at this point...

Right leg: Pentagram with raven in it (Blodarv logo), a few illustrations from the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books.

Some of these reflect my associations with the black metal music scene, yes... I have plans for my arms but again, skin problems, so I cannot finish any or get any new ones right now.

You realize the inverted cross is a widely misconstrued as a anti-religious symbol but is actually extremely opposite? Just wondering...

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
Stephen Hawking
14-10-2012, 08:33 PM
(14-10-2012 07:28 PM)WalkingWithoutGod Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 05:41 PM)amyb Wrote:  I got skin problems and therefore am not posting pics of myself until things are taken care of. I figure I'm about 30% covered in tattoos, I've stopped counting the number of them and just think in terms of coverage at this point...

You realize the inverted cross is a widely misconstrued as a anti-religious symbol but is actually extremely opposite? Just wondering...

The inverted cross has been used as a symbol for (St.) Peter for ages but it has been used as an anti-christian symbol recently as well. A symbols only meaning is the meaning you ascribe to it. Obviously, for Ms. AmyB, it isn't particularly religious at all, as she stated, it is a symbol to associate herself with her music community. In any case I think if you saw her you would not mistake her tattoos to mean the she REALLY LOVES St. Peter. Cool

14-10-2012, 08:53 PM
(14-10-2012 08:33 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 07:28 PM)WalkingWithoutGod Wrote:  You realize the inverted cross is a widely misconstrued as a anti-religious symbol but is actually extremely opposite? Just wondering...

The inverted cross has been used as a symbol for (St.) Peter for ages but it has been used as an anti-christian symbol recently as well. A symbols only meaning is the meaning you ascribe to it. Obviously, for Ms. AmyB, it isn't particularly religious at all, as she stated, it is a symbol to associate herself with her music community. In any case I think if you saw her you would not mistake her tattoos to mean the she REALLY LOVES St. Peter. Cool
Yes, I am aware of the associations with St. Peter, which aren't relevant to my tattoo because the tattoo is related to black metal, where it is used as an anti-religious symbol. Just as with word usage, meanings of symbols can change. That's kind of like saying a swastika has to have positive meanings, because it was used that way before the Nazis started using it. Many symbols have many different meanings and connotations, but I'd venture to say it's more commonly used as an anti-Christian symbol in recent times.

Though I kind of giggled at the thought of people seeing me and thinking I must love St. Peter. ^_^ I did a report on various types of torture and capital punishment methods in college once, and I did mention him.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
14-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Never felt the urge to get any tattoos. Not even back in the day when I was in the USN and it was almost expected of squids.

But ManlyGirl's got a few. Don't understand the appeal of a permanent marking, but meh, whatever, to each their own. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 2012-01-31204836.jpg]

[Image: 2012-01-31204734.jpg]

[Image: 20120210_205543.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I understood that you were probably not very religious from the very forum which we are posting on. I just, in general, feel like the heavy metal/satanist interpretation and use of a symbol that is a powerful Christian symbol makes about as much sense as a neo-nazi sticking it to the jews by swearing off pork. Tongue That is all.

Stephen Hawking