Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: Let's see yout tattoos!
[Image: oMNEkl.jpg]
[Image: A476xl.jpg]
[Image: 4R5ebl.jpg]
[Image: 5Jpbsl.jpg]

The two on my forearms need touch ups, they both have little spots that were missed. I still want to get a pit bull related one on my chest/front of my shoulder. I've also been toying with the idea of getting half a sleeve on one arm, not sure yet though.

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.

Project 280Z | Failed Atheist | The Friendly Pit Bull
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sapper's post
15-10-2012, 02:52 PM
(15-10-2012 02:18 PM)Sapper Wrote:  [Image: oMNEkl.jpg]
[Image: A476xl.jpg]
[Image: 4R5ebl.jpg]
[Image: 5Jpbsl.jpg]

The two on my forearms need touch ups, they both have little spots that were missed. I still want to get a pit bull related one on my chest/front of my shoulder. I've also been toying with the idea of getting half a sleeve on one arm, not sure yet though.

Either link to the image location on the internet, or post it as an attachment Smile

Find all posts by this user
16-10-2012, 06:56 PM
(14-10-2012 08:53 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 08:33 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The inverted cross has been used as a symbol for (St.) Peter for ages but it has been used as an anti-christian symbol recently as well. A symbols only meaning is the meaning you ascribe to it. Obviously, for Ms. AmyB, it isn't particularly religious at all, as she stated, it is a symbol to associate herself with her music community. In any case I think if you saw her you would not mistake her tattoos to mean the she REALLY LOVES St. Peter. Cool
Yes, I am aware of the associations with St. Peter, which aren't relevant to my tattoo because the tattoo is related to black metal, where it is used as an anti-religious symbol. Just as with word usage, meanings of symbols can change. That's kind of like saying a swastika has to have positive meanings, because it was used that way before the Nazis started using it. Many symbols have many different meanings and connotations, but I'd venture to say it's more commonly used as an anti-Christian symbol in recent times.

Though I kind of giggled at the thought of people seeing me and thinking I must love St. Peter. ^_^ I did a report on various types of torture and capital punishment methods in college once, and I did mention him.

I've got an inverted cross on my car for the same reasons. I view it the same way Black Metal does: the capture and subsequent perversion of a sacred symbol in the interest of showing outward defiance of what that symbol generally stands for.

Kind of like the so-called "Darwin fish".

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user