Let's talk Sanders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Let's talk Sanders.
(14-01-2016 05:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Two friends have worked at KFC. Apparently the biggest problem is all the cockroaches in the oil each morning.
The franchise usually gets one delivery of chicken per week, which often goes off. They get by this problem by cooking the meat at extremely high temperatures.

The last time I ate at KFC was around 1992. I was rehearsing with a band and across from the studio was a KFC. So we all went and ate. By the time we returned we were all sick and cancelled the rest of the rehearsal.

Kentucky fried cockroaches.

Gotta relate the Kentucky Fried Rats story. Whether true or not I don't know, but was told all around Ft Lauderdale FL 30 years ago. Seems a couple wanted a candle light dinner, but couldn't afford an expensive restaurant so she put a couple of candles on the table, he brought home a box of Kentucky fried and they opened the box under low light conditions and each bit into a nasty tasting piece of meat. The turned on the light and decided that it didn't look like any chicken they'd ever bitten into before. The story ends with them discovering it is pieces of rat and they won a million dollar law suit part of the judges ruling being that they couldn't tell anyone the truth, that a disgruntled employee had caught a rat and killed it, skinned and tossed it in with the chicken and sold it!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
14-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Thanks muff, now it is midnight and I am bloody hungry!!
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
14-01-2016, 06:00 PM
(14-01-2016 05:54 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 05:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Two friends have worked at KFC. Apparently the biggest problem is all the cockroaches in the oil each morning.
The franchise usually gets one delivery of chicken per week, which often goes off. They get by this problem by cooking the meat at extremely high temperatures.

The last time I ate at KFC was around 1992. I was rehearsing with a band and across from the studio was a KFC. So we all went and ate. By the time we returned we were all sick and cancelled the rest of the rehearsal.

Kentucky fried cockroaches.

Gotta relate the Kentucky Fried Rats story. Whether true or not I don't know, but was told all around Ft Lauderdale FL 30 years ago. Seems a couple wanted a candle light dinner, but couldn't afford an expensive restaurant so she put a couple of candles on the table, he brought home a box of Kentucky fried and they opened the box under low light conditions and each bit into a nasty tasting piece of meat. The turned on the light and decided that it didn't look like any chicken they'd ever bitten into before. The story ends with them discovering it is pieces of rat and they won a million dollar law suit part of the judges ruling being that they couldn't tell anyone the truth, that a disgruntled employee had caught a rat and killed it, skinned and tossed it in with the chicken and sold it!

Back in the 70's they were discovered to be selling rabbit as well as chicken in Australia.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Here it is! This is the chicken thread, right?

Yes, Popeyes is better than KFC. I don't know about the cockroaches though. However, if a few cockroaches get fried in the oil it might give it a better flavour. Drooling But the best fried chicken is homemade. It just doesn't compare with KFC or Pops.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-01-2016, 06:11 PM
(14-01-2016 06:00 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Back in the 70's they were discovered to be selling rabbit as well as chicken in Australia.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-01-2016, 06:19 PM
(14-01-2016 05:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 05:46 PM)julep Wrote:  In my experience, the quality varies. In England, I thought the American fast food chains were much worse than they were in the US, food-wise. I went to a KFC in London that seemed to have surgically extracted all of the flavor from the chicken, and what they did to the biscuits…

But when I've traveled to Canada, US-based fast food chains serve much better tasting food than in the US.

I only eat fried chicken of any kind once every year or two, though.

I've had McDonald's in England (Luton) and in Germany (Ingolstadt), and both were indistinguishable from the ones in America, except that in Germany, they served beer (like every other restaurant in Germany). Why I bothered to eat at McDonald's in Germany is a long story (in England, it's no mystery -- the local food wasn't any better).

1: Why if your visiting England would you consider going to a shithole like Luton??

2: Your comment on the food here is blasphemy, then I remember point 1.

KFC is overated. All of my friends and family love it.

I would rather have a burger king burger, with McDonalds fries and a McDonalds chocolate and banana milkshake mix. I also remember when pretty young things would work in such establishments, now im faced with hideous, acne ridden, bmi busting, non caring individuals who give me half a tree when I ask for napkins.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-01-2016, 10:12 PM
(14-01-2016 06:19 PM)bemore Wrote:  ...
non caring individuals who give me half a tree when I ask for napkins.

I recall a David Mitchell rant asking why we should expect someone in such a job to be caring. "yes I have a crap job, now, fuck off" kinda thing.

If you asked for"napkins" here you'd get sanitary pads.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-01-2016, 11:31 PM
While I love Popeyes way more, I'm pretty heartbroken about the KFC in my town being closed down (bad location, despite being there for decades, and business was slowing down) about a month ago. Loved the original and the grilled.

Kinda shit out of luck in regards to going to a chicken joint now. The closest KFC to me right now is 45 minutes away, and the closest Popeyes is an hour and 20 minutes away. First world problems.

On an unrelated note, I wish fast food chains would revert back to cooking with saturated animal fats (or at least refined coconut oil?) and, in the process, kick rancid vegetable oils to the curb.
14-01-2016, 11:37 PM
(14-01-2016 05:54 PM)DerFish Wrote:  The story ends with them discovering it is pieces of rat and they won a million dollar law suit part of the judges ruling being that they couldn't tell anyone the truth, that a disgruntled employee had caught a rat and killed it, skinned and tossed it in with the chicken and sold it!

And that is what outs this story as a fabrication. I'm pretty sure that no judge would make such a ruling. If they settled out of court then *maybe*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-01-2016, 02:41 AM
1. Bojangles
2. Raising Cane's
3. KFC
Somewhere waaaaay down the list... Popeye's. Could just be the one in Huntsville sucks.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post