Let's talk Sanders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 07:55 AM
RE: Let's talk Sanders.
(15-01-2016 02:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  1. Bojangles
2. Raising Cane's
3. KFC
Somewhere waaaaay down the list... Popeye's. Could just be the one in Huntsville sucks.
Oh, snap, I forgot about Bojangles, even though I just had it last week. I could eat cajun chicken biscuits all day! (When they come out hot and fresh.)

Never had Raising Cane's before, but the head honcho of a vitamin/supplement company I support is always posting pics of their food on Instagram and Facebook. Looks delicious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
15-01-2016, 09:10 AM
(14-01-2016 06:19 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 05:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've had McDonald's in England (Luton) and in Germany (Ingolstadt), and both were indistinguishable from the ones in America, except that in Germany, they served beer (like every other restaurant in Germany). Why I bothered to eat at McDonald's in Germany is a long story (in England, it's no mystery -- the local food wasn't any better).

1: Why if your visiting England would you consider going to a shithole like Luton??

2: Your comment on the food here is blasphemy, then I remember point 1.

KFC is overated. All of my friends and family love it.

I would rather have a burger king burger, with McDonalds fries and a McDonalds chocolate and banana milkshake mix. I also remember when pretty young things would work in such establishments, now im faced with hideous, acne ridden, bmi busting, non caring individuals who give me half a tree when I ask for napkins.

I admit it must sound a bit weird -- I came all the way from America to England, and where did I go? Luton! But there is a reason. It was a business trip, and I was working at British Aerospace in Stevenage. Luton just happened to be the closest place to rent a car, and while I was there, the only eating establishment I could find was McDonald's.

As for British food in general, my experience was mixed. My hotel in Stevenage actually had a good restaurant with good food, but the food in the British Aerospace cafeteria was unbelievably bland -- peas and "chips" (what I would call french fries) with every meal! I actually like french fries, and I have nothing against peas, but eating them every day for two months got old. When I went into London on weekends as a tourist, no problem -- I was able to find every imaginable food there.
15-01-2016, 10:43 AM
I've heard the chain Nando's is fantastic. At least people's experience having it in England but I don't know if it's spread wide in America at all.

I luckily actually have a fantastic local fish n' fried chicken place called Heinies, great name. That is better than any chain place I've had & my brother-in law absolutely is in love with that place. Though I've never had Nandos and I hear some people gush for it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Nandos is a South African success story ™. They used to be amazing, but... maaan, the last few times I've gone there. Eish. It could be because it's run as a franchise (afaik) so the quality varies. On the other hand some of their adverts are fun:

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post