Let's talk Sanders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 08:50 AM
RE: Let's talk Sanders.
(14-01-2016 08:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  But so do they? They can't afford to stop trading with you...?

Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as an independent country. Countries like the U,S., China, France, and the U.K., control and profit from the flow of resources, and all countries take advantage of that relative resource stability to make stuff and sell it back to us so they can then get what they need. None of us can remove ourselves and the role we play without a devastating ripple effect. The fact that we're in debt isn't relevant enough to our leverage in the world to bother either with paying it off or with severing relationships with those whom we owe money. The continued trade in and of itself is what matters.

Yes, but... so being in debt doesn't really matter right? So why do people even talk about it? Is there any intention to ever pay it back or...?

I'm not that well-versed in economics Shy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2016, 08:50 AM
(14-01-2016 08:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  But so do they? They can't afford to stop trading with you...?

Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as an independent country. Countries like the U,S., China, France, and the U.K., control and profit from the flow of resources, and all countries take advantage of that relative resource stability to make stuff and sell it back to us so they can then get what they need. None of us can remove ourselves and the role we play without a devastating ripple effect. The fact that we're in debt isn't relevant enough to our leverage in the world to bother either with paying it off or with severing relationships with those whom we owe money. The continued trade in and of itself is what matters.

By the way, how much money does he US currently owe China?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-01-2016, 09:01 AM
(14-01-2016 08:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as an independent country. Countries like the U,S., China, France, and the U.K., control and profit from the flow of resources, and all countries take advantage of that relative resource stability to make stuff and sell it back to us so they can then get what they need. None of us can remove ourselves and the role we play without a devastating ripple effect. The fact that we're in debt isn't relevant enough to our leverage in the world to bother either with paying it off or with severing relationships with those whom we owe money. The continued trade in and of itself is what matters.

By the way, how much money does he US currently owe China?

1.24 Trillion as of January 2015

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
14-01-2016, 09:03 AM
(14-01-2016 09:01 AM)Worom Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  By the way, how much money does he US currently owe China?

1.24 Trillion as of January 2015

Holy shit!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-01-2016, 09:06 AM
(14-01-2016 09:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 09:01 AM)Worom Wrote:  1.24 Trillion as of January 2015

Holy shit!

They ain't giving it back either.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
14-01-2016, 09:07 AM
(14-01-2016 09:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 09:01 AM)Worom Wrote:  1.24 Trillion as of January 2015

Holy shit!

They owe more to Japan actually but apparently that's not an evil talking point because Japan isn't scary & evil. Even though China also is in debt rising struggling to try to keep up with itself issues as well.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-01-2016, 09:10 AM
(14-01-2016 08:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  History repeats, Still are you justifying you violent policies of the past and present?

Whether I justify it or not, I see nothing beyond wishful thinking to suggest the world is anything other than an inherently violent place. I merely learned to dance in the rain, so to speak. Tell me this, does it make sense to despise the violent nature of the world without any data to suggest that it will ever be anything else? A lot of people would say I should have more faith in the idea that a better world can exist. Religious people tell me the same thing about heaven when I say I'm agnostic. I'm not interested in wishful thinking. I'm merely reacting to the world as I perceive it.

We're just a bunch of monkeys fighting over a limited supply of banana trees, and I'm not keen to be on the begging end of the equation if I can help it.

Like the infallible personality test says, as an ENTJ I am characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, and it is probably best I make up less than 3% of the population Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
14-01-2016, 09:13 AM
(14-01-2016 08:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as an independent country. Countries like the U,S., China, France, and the U.K., control and profit from the flow of resources, and all countries take advantage of that relative resource stability to make stuff and sell it back to us so they can then get what they need. None of us can remove ourselves and the role we play without a devastating ripple effect. The fact that we're in debt isn't relevant enough to our leverage in the world to bother either with paying it off or with severing relationships with those whom we owe money. The continued trade in and of itself is what matters.

Yes, but... so being in debt doesn't really matter right? So why do people even talk about it? Is there any intention to ever pay it back or...?

I'm not that well-versed in economics Shy

We're paying it back like most people pay off credit cards. Just enough to keep from being in default.

But no. The debt in and of itself, like money, is symbolic and is merely a representation of the leverage and resources one has control of. Pay off the debt and lose the leverage in the process, and your new found excess of cash lying around becomes useless.

'Murican Canadian
14-01-2016, 09:16 AM
(14-01-2016 09:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 09:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Holy shit!

They owe more to Japan actually but apparently that's not an evil talking point because Japan isn't scary & evil. Even though China also is in debt rising struggling to try to keep up with itself issues as well.

Japan is more scared of China as an emerging threat than we are, and they are dependent on us for their defense. Again, leverage. It would be detrimental to their sovereignty to call in the debt collectors, so to speak, if such a thing existed.

'Murican Canadian
14-01-2016, 09:17 AM
(14-01-2016 09:16 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 09:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  They owe more to Japan actually but apparently that's not an evil talking point because Japan isn't scary & evil. Even though China also is in debt rising struggling to try to keep up with itself issues as well.

Japan is more scared of China as an emerging threat than we are, and they are dependent on us for their defense. Again, leverage.

And the dumbass doesn't realize removing america would solve more problems then not. You guys don't defend shit

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube