Let's talk about Muhammad's life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Let's talk about Muhammad's life
Is it right to say he was a man who did whatever he wanted and justified everything with the quran and hadiths?.

The more I think about his life the more I see that he lived how any selfish greedy man would live. He wanted to justify having sex with who ever he wanted so he took 9 wives and as many slaves as he could get away with which was probably a lot.
In fights/wars he probably was always surrounded by men protecting him.

He lived as best as he could. He wanted to experience all the pleasures he could and conquer everything he could. Justifying everything with his religion that he created.
If someone had a girl or wealth or anything that he wanted he probably would've told them that God says to give it to Muhammad.

What else did he want and do with his life besides sex and power/control, am I missing something
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: Let's talk about Muhammad's life
https://archive.org/stream/Sirat-lifeOfM...h_djvu.txt

Ibn Ishaq's "The Life of Mohammed" The earliest biography of Mohammed

He was a creep.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
07-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Not to mention likely clinically nucking futs. Like DSM diagnosable, off his rocker insane. Like, would be in a padded room, wrapped in a straitjacket, in Mecca's nearest mental ward bonkers.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
07-08-2017, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 10:54 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(07-08-2017 06:02 AM)yologuy001 Wrote:  He lived as best as he could. He wanted to experience all the pleasures he could and conquer everything he could. Justifying everything with his religion that he created.

Muhammad lived a life of poverty as a religious leader, although he lived well for his time earlier in his life when he was a merchant. According to his apologists, his many wives were mostly either charity cases or because of political alliances. He really did believe in what he was teaching others. He wasn't just taking advantage of his position.

This is not to minimize his many failings by modern standards, but there's no reason to exaggerate.
07-08-2017, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 02:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I wonder if he lived at all ? Maybe they made him up too.

Edit :
A lot of suspicious stuff. Like one of his "principle biographers", who supposedly documented either every day or every month of his life, forgot about a calendar adjustment, and (woops) a month or two is actually missing).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-08-2017, 11:48 AM
I was about to say this, yeah. I've heard he's a very suspicious character like He's (bog)us of Nada-reth.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Risky, writing/chatting about that guy who has decreed images are verboten. Remember, pictures are worth a thousand words - which also means a thousand words is equivalent to a picture. Best to keep the word count turned on during typing so as to not get inadvertently flattened by a peevishly hurled lightning bolt. Tongue
07-08-2017, 10:11 PM
[Image: south_park_muhammed_bear_suit_a_p.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
07-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Does it matter? Without a god, "Prophet" is just a polite way of saying "Deluded Windbag".

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
07-08-2017, 11:30 PM
(07-08-2017 06:02 AM)yologuy001 Wrote:  Is it right to say he was a man who did whatever he wanted and justified everything with the quran and hadiths?.

The more I think about his life the more I see that he lived how any selfish greedy man would live. He wanted to justify having sex with who ever he wanted so he took 9 wives and as many slaves as he could get away with which was probably a lot.
In fights/wars he probably was always surrounded by men protecting him.

He lived as best as he could. He wanted to experience all the pleasures he could and conquer everything he could. Justifying everything with his religion that he created.
If someone had a girl or wealth or anything that he wanted he probably would've told them that God says to give it to Muhammad.

What else did he want and do with his life besides sex and power/control, am I missing something

In RELUCTANT fairness to the man (... er, myth? How much do we know of the man from independent, secular sources?), polygamy was a cultural norm. It's just as likely to think that he did it because it was par for the course, rather than because he was setting up some nefarious social engineering scheme to get his game on.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post