Let's talk about Muhammad's life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Let's talk about Muhammad's life
Just another religion that tacked their own story to Jewish holy books.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Mohammed was a good man, despite what many say about him. He was the last recognized prophet of God, and Jesus was another prophet, not the Son of God. How many of you have actually read the Koran? It's a very interesting and enlightening book.
09-08-2017, 08:18 PM
(09-08-2017 08:13 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Mohammed was a good man, despite what many say about him. He was the last recognized prophet of God, and Jesus was another prophet, not the Son of God. How many of you have actually read the Koran? It's a very interesting and enlightening book.

I have read Quran.

I disagree with you, there is nothing of value there. Just another religion that tacks a story to another.

It alll whiffs of the same bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-08-2017, 08:32 PM
(08-08-2017 06:12 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 05:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  How about we talk about the lack of evidence for any fucking mohammed?

The life of Muhammad is very well documented. In fact, scholarship was practically invented to document his life and sayings.

Bullshit. Much like the xtians favorite prop the stories of fucking mohammed seem to start about 80-100 years after he was alleged to have lived.

Legends aside, and jesus freaks have legends too and they are just as fucking worthless, the earliest "biographer" was Ibn Ishaq who did little more than collect oral tales and even these were lost until "re-written" by Ibn Hisham.... in the 9th century. So fuck mohammed too. Just as much bullshit as jesus, moses and Quetzlcoatl!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
09-08-2017, 09:53 PM
(09-08-2017 06:02 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 09:30 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't buy any of it. The peoples who were conquered by the Arabs said nothing at the time about being conquered by "Muslims", or a new religion, or people with a new book. The people who were conquered were not "forced to convert" as long as they accepted monotheism ... it was "granted" that their chief god was just another name for Allah. There is no mention of Muhammad or Islam or the Quran on the buildings they built or their accounts of the battles. The earliest coins the conquerors (Arabs) minted had a cross on them. The word Muhammad means "the praised one", and it is possible it referred to someone/something else, (and some say it's a sect of Christians), and is not even a name. We know for a FACT, that the Arabic conquests were not "triggered" by "preaching", but by a power vacuum, and the new religion was used to unify the new expanded Arabic empire. Something doesn't smell right here. We know that in the first official biography, which documents his life either by day or week or month (or something similar) the dates do not jive with a major calendar adjustment, (which the biographer forgot about), and so the biographer made up (wrote about) his activity during a non-existent month.

Ooo! Sounds like a conspiracy!

Hobo

Nope. In the ancient world, religion was commonly the tool used to unify empires and cultures. Just another boring example of a well-known pattern. There was no way anyone had to check what they were told was true or not true.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-08-2017, 09:59 PM
(09-08-2017 08:13 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Mohammed was a good man, despite what many say about him. He was the last recognized prophet of God, and Jesus was another prophet, not the Son of God. How many of you have actually read the Koran? It's a very interesting and enlightening book.

Oh like the parts that say to kill those who won't accept Islam, or declare their unbelief ?

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Fight for the cause of God with the devotion due to Him...He has given you the name of Muslims..." (Surah 22:78-)

"Blessed are the believers...who restrain their carnal desires (except with their wives and slave-girls, for these are lawful to them)...These are the heirs of Paradise..." (Surah 23:1-5-)

""Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"Forbidden to you are...married women, except those you own as slaves." (Surah 4:20-, 24-)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2017, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 05:30 AM by Thoreauvian.)

I spent years trying to make sense of the Qur'an because I was misled by Muslim apologists, but I have to agree with Moms on this one. And as Bucky pointed out, it teaches hatred of nonbelievers.

Still, the Qur'an is good evidence that someone name Muhammad was preaching this stuff, and people wrote it all down and collected it into one volume.
10-08-2017, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 06:11 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(09-08-2017 08:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 06:12 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  The life of Muhammad is very well documented. In fact, scholarship was practically invented to document his life and sayings.

Bullshit. Much like the xtians favorite prop the stories of fucking mohammed seem to start about 80-100 years after he was alleged to have lived.

Legends aside, and jesus freaks have legends too and they are just as fucking worthless, the earliest "biographer" was Ibn Ishaq who did little more than collect oral tales and even these were lost until "re-written" by Ibn Hisham.... in the 9th century. So fuck mohammed too. Just as much bullshit as jesus, moses and Quetzlcoatl!

It sounds like your emotions are unnecessarily involved in your assessment. Do you really believe the Qur'an and all those accounts were just made up by people, that the history of the beginnings of the Muslim religion was all one big fabrication created to deceive others? That seems highly improbable to me. It's not the simplest explanation at all.
10-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Lols pedo beard was far from being a good man.
10-08-2017, 09:12 AM
(10-08-2017 04:51 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

I spent years trying to make sense of the Qur'an because I was misled by Muslim apologists, but I have to agree with Moms on this one. And as Bucky pointed out, it teaches hatred of nonbelievers.

Still, the Qur'an is good evidence that someone name Muhammad was preaching this stuff, and people wrote it all down and collected it into one volume.

I disagree. The Quran has many known sources, (from pre-Islamic literature and poetry). It's no more evidence of him than the gospels are of Jesus, or Harry Potter is of him. "People" didn't generally write "it all down" at the time. Why would they, how did they remember it, what was the role of the "writers", where did they get the resources to do that, what other things were these people writing about ? Nope. It's all just modern assumptions based on our cultural assumptions slapped onto an ancient culture most people know almost nothing about.