Let's talk about dying

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
17-08-2014, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 02:43 PM by Ray Butler.)
RE: Let's talk about dying
(17-08-2014 08:41 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I think if I could live until the end of time I would. When I die shit is going to continue to happen and I'm going to miss all that. That kinda pisses me off. Will we walk on the Pluto. Will we see the Oort Cloud with the naked eye? Will we build starships? Will we populate the universe? I think we probably will but I don't know. And I'll never find out....
I would most likely choose death over a life of suffering but I would rather the third option of living with minimal suffering. What if that's not an option? Will neither is living forever but it's the choice I would make.
Many atheists talk about death as if it were some gift. But I don't see it that way. Death is something to be conquered.
Given the choice to live or die at any given point I would choose life every time.
Death is certainly not my friend. It is my only enemy.

We are dualistic like that; we have this incredibly restrictive reality that contains us contrasted against the relative boundlessness of our imagination, and the mind tends to breed discontent with reality because of the ideals it forms and is tempted by. Maybe we could learn to be as fulfilled by dreams that cannot be as we are by a reality that can? But I remember from an ep. of original Star Trek, they said something like "The mortal are afraid to die but the immortal are afraid to live forever"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply