Let science do what it is supposed to do!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
RE: Let science do what it is supposed to do!
My whole point here is that we are too often (I am sure I am as guilty as the next person) asking for "proof" not because we don't think a statement is true, but to simply muddle the discussion. I get that for a point in doubt, we should have to back up that point with evidence, but to say that the bible has not been shown to have outdated information by modern science is silly. I didn't mean to start a debate on whether the bible said the earth was flat or round. I just wanted to point out that science HAS advanced our knowledge beyond what the bible taught, and that there are indeed things in the bible that are out dated. Martin, you have said yourself that as the world changes, you, as a believer, are able to look at things differently. Its not nescessary to show proof of the obvious. Thats all I meant. Lets move on.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2010, 10:43 PM

(12-04-2010 07:05 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
(12-04-2010 06:42 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(12-04-2010 06:36 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I notice that you are studiously ignoring my post.

(12-04-2010 06:33 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Was there a time when people thought the earth was flat?

Yes. Hence the reason that the Catholic church so violently opposed Galileo's heliocentric model.

Quote:Oh and by the way the Bible said the earth was round years before "scientists" thought it was.

Chapter and verse, please.

What post did I ignore? Plus I am busy making more rope for you.

Isaiah 40:22, the Bible revealed the truth in 1000 B.C. 2500 years before man discovered it for himself!

In various verses, the Bible says the earth is round and hangs in space. It took a long time for science to catch up and reach the same conclusions. Copernicus made the discovery in 1475. But the Bible always knew. Here are two related Bible verses that were written more than 2500 years ago, and more than 1000 years before Copernicus:

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (Isaiah 40:22,NIV). (By the way, the Hebrew language at that time did not have a word for "sphere," only for "circle.")

martin...

Here's an interesting exercise...

Go to the top of a hill. Look in any direction. Point your finger straight ahead...now pivot on your heel until you have spun around 360 degrees. Have you not made a 'circle'? And, no where does it say "hangs in space"...you cannot translate 'heaven' to 'space' when devices like telescopes weren't invented until the 17th century by Galileo. Nice try...

Wow, once again you got me, if I "Go to the top of a hill. Look in any direction. Point your finger straight ahead...now pivot on your heel until you have spun around 360 degrees. Have you not made a 'circle'?" Yes I did make a circle, you are way to smart for me, how did you think of that!

What do you mean by "you cannot translate 'heaven' to 'space' when devices like telescopes weren't invented until the 17th century by Galileo. Nice try..." What do you mean by heaven to space? I look forward to your answer on the last one.
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2010, 10:49 PM

I like to say you that science is not always make a source on all things created in a world.and I think science is not completely prove all thing true.I am totally agree with that science found many resources.and many of them are true.but sometimes its not do so.
Quote this message in a reply