Let the Easter "If only atheists knew" articles, begin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Let the Easter "If only atheists knew" articles, begin
I'm starting this thread as a place to post terrible Easter-themed articles aimed at atheists that might be popping up on your facebook pages and the like.

Here is my contribution:
"Atheists should drop their easily dismissed scientific, philosophical or historical arguments against Christianity, and instead quiz believers about Old Testament violence and hell, writes John Dickson."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-18/di...ts/5397892

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: Let the Easter "If only atheists knew" articles, begin
Quote:This is the 1,984th Easter since 7 April AD 30, the widely accepted date among historians for the crucifixion of Jesus (the 1,981st if you find the arguments for 3 April AD 33 persuasive).

And, if you find none of their arguments persuasive I guess you don't have much in common with the douche who wrote this nonsense.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
20-04-2014, 03:06 AM
(19-04-2014 10:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:This is the 1,984th Easter since 7 April AD 30, the widely accepted date among historians for the crucifixion of Jesus (the 1,981st if you find the arguments for 3 April AD 33 persuasive).

And, if you find none of their arguments persuasive I guess you don't have much in common with the douche who wrote this nonsense.

.... how exactly are they defining the word "historian"?
20-04-2014, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2014 10:03 AM by CleverUsername.)
(20-04-2014 03:06 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 10:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  And, if you find none of their arguments persuasive I guess you don't have much in common with the douche who wrote this nonsense.

.... how exactly are they defining the word "historian"?

his·to·ri·an
hiˈstôrēən
noun
a person who reads the Bible over and over and over again to find new and ridiculous ways to twist its words.
[+] 4 users Like CleverUsername's post
20-04-2014, 08:09 AM

widely accepted date among historians

Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
20-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:As an intellectual movement, Christianity has a head start on atheism. So it's only natural that believers would find some of the current arguments against God less than satisfying.

LOL WUT.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post