Let us all praise the Bible...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Let us all praise the Bible...
...for it's masterfully effective design. Seriously. The writers of the Bible were some geniuses when it came to presentation and salesmanship. With its circular logic and fallacies, it provides moral loopholes and cognitive trapdoors to escape any dissent by the opposition. Only a book this brilliant would claim that the book was the holy word of a god, then claim that because it is the word of a god, the statement that it is the word of a god MUST be true, being that it is the word of a god. It also warns that people will try to lead you astray with their "logic" but you should stay true to your "faith." Pay no attention to those sinful mathematicians telling you that 2 + 2 isn't 5. They are demons in disguise trying to test your faith.

It also regularly contradicts itself, so that references can cited on both sides of either issue. Pro-slavery (instructions on how to properly beat your slave) or anti-slavery (treat your slave with utmost respect), the Bible's got you covered. And the amount of contradicting passages in the Bible are roughly 450 (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html)

And if that's not genius enough, the Bible is a collection of vague generalities (that have gotten even more vague throughout the dozens of translations and additions that the bible has experienced) that could apply to anything or be interpreted to suit your needs. You would think God would be a little more specific with his divine plan.

And with the right balance of condescending superiority and gullible followers, the Bible demonstrates its literary excellence, one indoctrinated child at a time.

[Image: infalliblebible.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2010, 12:32 AM
RE: Let us all praise the Bible...
Thud!* Falls into the ground and starts squirming and speaking in an unknown language*

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM

(02-12-2010 12:32 AM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Thud!* Falls into the ground and starts squirming and speaking in an unknown language*
Perhaps this will help your recovery in translation. [Image: 4.gif] Tongue

The Canonization of the Bible

Jesus is just alright with him

The Bible is the subtle weapon that helped in world domination. While it never fired a shot, or hefted a sword, it is the one weapon responsible for a sea of blood baptizing it's dominion over the majority of the world's population to this day.
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2010, 03:13 PM
and the cycle or violence will repeat with allah if we are not careful.
02-12-2010, 03:27 PM

(02-12-2010 03:13 PM)Godless Wrote:  and the cycle or violence will repeat with allah if we are not careful.

I would make the observation that the cycle is already repeating and has for generations. Children in Muslim countries are taught to recite the Koran from memory. So they grow into the ideology by rote, even when their very young minds are not able to process what they are saying as they recite the sura.

But regardless of that, it still imprints upon them so as to effect their world view in the hard wiring the programming affords. Which makes those children potentially the next zealots of the faith, because all their lives they've only known Islam. And because the programming started so early, they feel as if it's what they're called to believe because Islam is a political ideology and not a true religion.

It's going to be a very interesting new century, with the same old faiths vying for power one over the other in the name of religious superiority and world domination.
Like they say, those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
(02-12-2010 03:27 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  It's going to be a very interesting new century, with the same old faiths vying for power one over the other in the name of religious superiority and world domination.

It is going to be "too interesting" for me. I hope that the major shit hits the fan after I am gone.
03-12-2010, 08:19 PM

(02-12-2010 11:47 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(02-12-2010 03:27 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  It's going to be a very interesting new century, with the same old faiths vying for power one over the other in the name of religious superiority and world domination.

It is going to be "too interesting" for me. I hope that the major shit hits the fan after I am gone.
I've seen enough major shit bulldozing over rights now, that I figure the fan will be set on high while I'm still alive and in the line of fire. Thank eclairs for tall husbands, or in the case of a miss, bounty extra thick towels. Tongue
04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I think that the bible needs to be "cannonized" at close range with high-explosive rounds. Tongue