Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.
(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  [If this message is too much to read, please proceed right away to the end, read the end text which is in bold.]

Dear Banjo and everyone else who ever mentioned the word evidence, please do not write as to make readers turn away owing to too much to read.

And may I, forgive me, again request that whatever you get from published reference sources, you also seek to rewrite it in a way that is not too much to read by people.

Let’s say, you are into a written test on whether you understand a piece of writing, and you are required to write in 50 words or less what is the core of that piece of writing, in respect of the context in which that piece of writing is located.

I yearn to learn from you, but please, with not too much to read from you, I love to learn from you in not more than 50 words: What is in your own thinking and writing -– okay, no matter you get your thoughts from others, what is evidence, namely first: is it something that exists at all, or it is not anything that exists, then its purpose or role (or no purpose and no role) in the default status of things in the world, which default status is existence.

Whiskey is no longer around, but I was hoping that he and I would continue with our exchange; that is the trouble with many folks, once you want to carry on in earnest productive exchange with them, they disappear -- still I hope he will return to resume our exchange.

Okay, everyone who has ever mentioned the word evidence and know something about it in the context of this thread, namely, “Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists," which is in this board, "The Thinking Atheist Forum › The Heavy Stuff › Atheism and Theism": Tell me in your own words what is evidence.

(21-12-2015 01:40 AM)Pachomius Wrote:  Dear Whiskey, as you bring up the term evidence, then let you and me work to concur on what is the meaning of evidence, in regard to something existing or not existing, is that all right with you?

From Pachomius
(Today 09:29 AM)Pachomius Wrote:
Please forgive me, may I request you to reproduce what you find in dictionaries, in say 50 words or less?

From Whiskey
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proof
Basically Evidence. […]

[From Pachomius]
First, if I may, you and I know for a certainty is that evidence is something, it is not nothing, it participates in the default status of things in the world, which is existence.

Please, I like to learn from you what sort of a thing is evidence. is it a concept in our mind or an object that is independent of our mind, […]

Let me learn from you.

The question that I like to learn from you, is in few words, As evidence is something, does it exist in a mind or it also exists outside a mind, and even when there is no mind at all?

I hope to welcome your effort of sharing your thinking with me, by replying to the question immediately preceding these ending words from me.

Cheers.

Summing up, to all who mention the word evidence, I love to learn from you, but not too much to read from you, just produce in your own words not more than 50, what is evidence in regard to this board, atheism and theism.

Forgive me, even though I say that I want to learn from you posters here, still I have to let readers know what is my own self-thought out concept of evidence, here:

Evidence is anything at all in existence that leads man to know another thing to be existing (17 words).

Cheers.

You wrote more than I. I simply defined a word.

Oh and the people here have fine reading comprehension. You appear to think you are speaking with kindergarden students. We are far above that level.

Show respect you pompous dullard.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2015, 05:53 PM
(21-12-2015 05:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Bigfoot exists.

cough cough ... cough

[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 05:53 PM
(21-12-2015 05:05 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Says the guy who posts little else but walls of text and puts this right after a caveat about the latest post maybe being too long. You don't get irony, do you?

Pachomius thinks that irony is a reference to the plate in his skull.

Either that or the rules only apply to everybody else.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-12-2015, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2015 06:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-12-2015 05:47 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Proof is for mathematicians and alcoholics. The rest of us rely on evidence.

Stealing it. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 06:05 PM
(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I yearn to learn from you, but please, with not too much to read from you, I love to learn from you in not more than 50 words
Maybe starting a conversation in a text based medium is not the best choice for a person who can't process concepts that aren't little more then sound bites or the intellectual equivalent of a fucking finger painting?
Laziness is a poor bedfellow for education and if a person wants to respond in 5 words or 500 you either address what they are saying or you excuse yourself from the conversation. You do not get to dictate the conversation anymore then you would to any other person you require education form like a Collage professor.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  What is in your own thinking and writing -– okay, no matter you get your thoughts from others, what is evidence
I've explained this 6+ times now and you have ignored it 6+ times now. Read peoples fucking responses.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  ...in the default status of things in the world, which default status is existence.
This is meaningless and idiotic. The concept of a god exists in the world, but that does not mean a god as an entity exists in the world. Just cause it exists in the mind does NOT mean it exists outside of the mind. There is no "default" anything, your spouting out quasi-philosophical nonsense in an attempt to sound smarter then you actually are. It's not working by the way.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Whiskey is no longer around, but I was hoping that he and I would continue with our exchange; that is the trouble with many folks...
What the actual fuck are you talking about? There is a response from me literally 2 above your own post you stupid cunt. If I scroll to the top of your post I can fuckin' see my response you bumbling chucklefuck.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  once you want to carry on in earnest productive exchange with them,
First off trying to change definitions to allow you to insert your bloody idiotic celestial boogyman is neither earnest nor honest. Secondly and more importantly me spending my time explaining to you words and concepts you should have learned in motherfuckin' primary school is not "productive" at all and it's especially not when your not even going to bother to read my fucking replies you wanker.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I hope he will return to resume our exchange.
Refusing to read or respond to my points doesn't mean I'VE left you piss swilling troglodyte.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Tell me in your own words what is evidence.
Done this 6+ times, go fuck yourself.

(21-12-2015 04:43 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Forgive me, even though I say that I want to learn from you posters here, still I have to let readers know what is my own self-thought out concept of evidence, here:

Evidence is anything at all in existence that leads man to know another thing to be existing (17 words).[/b]
Well congratulations not only is your definition of evidence wrong it doesn't even bare a tangential resemblance to the actual definition of Evidence. It's also worthless. Voices in your head can lead a man to think he knows something to exist. People can lie to you and get the same result and that happens frequently all over the globe. Unless your "evidence" can be demonstrated, independently verified, falsified, and tested it's not fucking evidence and it's fucking worthless more than like a delusion.
How do you know the first thing that lead you to believe another thing exists in fact it's self exists? No matter which way you turn you still have to rely on the actual godsdamn definition of evidence, so start using that definition not the one you made up for yourself.

Your definition of evidence is so vague as to be meaningless and not in anyway helpful. You are NOT QUALIFIED TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
21-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Predictions for Pachomius' next post:
  • It will be insulting and condecending.
  • The insults will be so poorly disguised as courtesy as to be an insult itself.
  • It will be in excess of 1,000 words.
  • Those words will be used vaguely, incorrectly or meaninglessly.
  • Not a single one of them will get to the point.
Yes, I know, as prophecy goes it's like dynamiting fish in a barrel. I write this in the vanishingly small hope that Pachomius will attempt to prove me wrong.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-12-2015, 06:20 PM
(21-12-2015 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 05:47 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Proof is for mathematicians and alcoholics. The rest of us rely on evidence.
Stealing it. Thumbsup

Wow! Thanks!

I just wish I could remember where I stole it from.

---
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-12-2015, 06:20 PM
(21-12-2015 06:12 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Predictions for Pachomius' next post:
  • It will be insulting and condecending.
  • The insults will be so poorly disguised as courtesy as to be an insult itself.
  • It will be in excess of 1,000 words.
  • Those words will be used vaguely, incorrectly or meaninglessly.
  • Not a single one of them will get to the point.
Yes, I know, as prophecy goes it's like dynamiting fish in a barrel. I write this in the vanishingly small hope that Pachomius will attempt to prove me wrong.

Can I get odds on the superfecta 1, 2, 4, 5?

#sigh
21-12-2015, 06:21 PM
(21-12-2015 06:20 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Stealing it. Thumbsup

Wow! Thanks!

I just wish I could remember where I stole it from.

Probably an alcoholic mathematician.

#sigh
21-12-2015, 06:29 PM
(21-12-2015 06:05 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Maybe starting a conversation in a text based medium is not the best choice for a person who can't process concepts that aren't little more then sound bites or the intellectual equivalent of a fucking finger painting?
Laziness is a poor bedfellow for education and if a person wants to respond in 5 words or 500 you either address what they are saying or you excuse yourself from the conversation. You do not get to dictate the conversation anymore then you would to any other person you require education form like a Collage professor.

Laughat Too fucking funny. Bowing

[Image: Secondary-BZ-040615-Fingerpainting-02-1.JPG]

---
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post