Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.
Bucky Ball, I invite you and me to exchange thoughts on what is evidence.

Here is again my definition of evidence, it is anything existing leading man to know another thing to be existing.

Now, you give your concise definition of what is evidence, from your own thinking on your stock knowledge and experience.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2015, 02:36 PM
I am going to take my breakfast now, I will be back as soon as I have finished.

Everyone, if you have a concise concept of what is evidence, please produce it, and we two will take it into account, but from your own thinking grounded on your stock knowledge and experience.
22-12-2015, 02:49 PM
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is again my definition of evidence, it is anything existing leading man to know another thing to be existing.
And it's both wrong AND useless as a definition.

I reject your definition and insist you use a real one.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Give me an answer to ignore for the entire thread.
22-12-2015, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 05:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Bucky Ball, I invite you and me to exchange thoughts on what is evidence.

Here is again my definition of evidence, it is anything existing leading man to know another thing to be existing.

Now, you give your concise definition of what is evidence, from your own thinking on your stock knowledge and experience.

Look it up in the dictionary. I already told you why your definition is wrong and invalid.
+
I am going to take tea on the veranda.
Unt zen I vill be back, unt zen you vill like my answer. *Snapping whip*

ev·i·dence
/ˈevədəns/
noun
noun: evidence
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

In order to be valid as evidence, there has to be AGREEMENT that an observation can validly lead one, without error, to a certain conclusion.
Your definiton is not agreed upon. Not only is it wrong, it's invalid as there is no suport for it, other than from yourself.
Making up your own simple-minded pet definitons is unhelpful.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-12-2015, 04:53 PM
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is again my definition of evidence, it is anything existing leading man to know another thing to be existing.

That definition is deeply flawed to the point of being impossible to apply to anything. Let's say you want to point to your sort of evidence -- something existing that indicates that something else exists. How do you show that evidence exists? You would need evidence of the evidence, and then evidence of the evidence of the evidence, and so on ad infinitum. This is utterly impossible to use.

Your definition has no merit in its ability to communicate an idea (because its unconventionality engenders confusion), no merit in aiding analysis (because the infinite regress prevents practical application), and no merit in rhetorically shining a light on a deeper philosophical understanding of epistemology (it does no such thing). It is wholly without worth. Use it if you want -- neither I nor anyone else here has the power to set you straight if you refuse to be set straight. But in the same way, you have no power to force us into employing your warped language.
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
22-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Even if I discovered I was just brain in a jar, I still would have to work the next day. Because apparently, my brains a fucking asshole.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
22-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Is there someone who is interested in exchange of thoughts with me, at this point on what is evidence.

My concept of evidence is the following which I already set forth, namely, that it is anything at all existing that leads man to know another thing to be existing.

You see, I read your insistence that it is not acceptable to you, but you do not produce your own from your personal thinking and also with a concrete example.

So, we are into an impasse.

Tell you what, in -- forgive me -- just 50 words tell me what you care to talk with me about, anything at all.
22-12-2015, 06:42 PM
(22-12-2015 06:25 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Is there someone who is interested in exchange of thoughts with me, at this point on what is evidence.

My concept of evidence is the following which I already set forth, namely, that it is anything at all existing that leads man to know another thing to be existing.

You see, I read your insistence that it is not acceptable to you, but you do not produce your own from your personal thinking and also with a concrete example.

So, we are into an impasse.

Tell you what, in -- forgive me -- just 50 words tell me what you care to talk with me about, anything at all.

In a word, nothing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
22-12-2015, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 08:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-12-2015 06:25 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  My concept of evidence is the following which I already set forth, namely, that it is anything at all existing that leads man to know another thing to be existing. ...

I am far more interested in your concept of existence. Can you describe that for me in a non-circular fashion which doesn't necessitate the presumption of your very existence in the first place?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post