Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2015 07:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.
(24-12-2015 07:11 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  And I am terribly disappointed with you:

Oh dear, I am so sad.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-12-2015, 07:47 PM
(24-12-2015 07:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Does this pachyderm think he is the professor sitting at the front of the classroom making demands of the various students? Or what?

Seems to be. Clearly it is mentally deficient.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Pachomius, either we really do exist and have real experiences, or we are illusionary beings having imagined or synthetic experiences.

From our perspective, though, it simply does not matter which is true. At all. I'm quite serious about this: Whatever the foundation of our perception, it is the basis for what we perceive to be real and can simply be accepted, rather than analyzed to death.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
24-12-2015, 10:44 PM
(24-12-2015 10:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Pachomius, either we really do exist and have real experiences, or we are illusionary beings having imagined or synthetic experiences.

From our perspective, though, it simply does not matter which is true. At all. I'm quite serious about this: Whatever the foundation of our perception, it is the basis for what we perceive to be real and can simply be accepted, rather than analyzed to death.

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

#sigh
24-12-2015, 10:53 PM
(24-12-2015 10:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 10:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Pachomius, either we really do exist and have real experiences, or we are illusionary beings having imagined or synthetic experiences.

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

All of reality is filtered through our perception of it, and if studying humans has taught us anything, it is that our perceptions are frighteningly often inaccurate.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2015, 10:55 PM
(24-12-2015 10:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 10:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  6 of one, half dozen of the other.

All of reality is filtered through our perception of it, and if studying humans has taught us anything, it is that our perceptions are frighteningly often inaccurate.

Yeah, that. ^^

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-12-2015, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 10:23 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(24-12-2015 07:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Does this pachyderm think he is the professor sitting at the front of the classroom making demands of the various students? Or what?
I can tell you he's not a language professor because his English is below a 4th grade level and i can tell you it's not Ethics either because he keeps on lying. Repeatedly.

Basically he's just an arrogant fool with no real education, no grasp on the issue he's trying to raise. It's like having a conversation on metaphysics with a table only a table still has at least one use.

He's not even unique we get pseudo-intellectual know-nothings in here all the time trying to play word games. You will notice how he refuses to answer even a single real question pointed at him, he just regurgitates the same point over and over. Fuckin' spammers man.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-12-2015, 11:50 PM
(24-12-2015 07:11 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Dear Girly, please write an exposition of what to you is existence, don't take pot shots when you do not present your own self-thought out concept of existence.

I want to again await with excitement to read your self-thought out concept of existence, from your own experience of existence and upon reasoning on truths, facts, and logic.

And I am terribly disappointed with you: you seem to belong to unproductive posters, who just react to here and there places of my exposition; but they never produce any integrated exposition from their on thinking, availing themselves of their own stock knowledge and experience, like experience of existence in the present instance, and keeping track of their command if any of truths, facts, and logic.

Again, do not content yourself with just taking pot shots at someone who has presented an exposition of existence.

That taking pot shots is the shallow tack of people who cannot produce an exposition of their own take on an issue.

Forgive me, may I propose to you for a challenge so that you will master the art of creative mental work and writing, do an exposition on what is existence.

That is what I like to now for a second time await with excitement, namely, to read your attempt at a serious exposition on what is existence -- don't just feel that you have done anything of genuine endeavor at thinking and writing, with just taking pot shots at another person's exposition.

Cheers!

ANNEX

Quote:http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid920117

You see, existence is the broadest of concepts, it embraces all concepts whatever, without it there is no understanding of any concepts at all, and therefore you will not be able to locate something in reality outside your mind, to correspond to a concept in your mind if you do not master the concept of existence.

And the first experience of a conscious entity like us humans, it is the experience of existence, so that if you are not a conscious entity there cannot be any experience at all of anything, and first and foremost not the experience of existence itself.

I will dare to say that experience of consciousness is the permeating medium of our human existence; this experience of consciousness itself is insofar as conscious entities like us humans are concerned, it is in effect equivalent to existence.

When you are in a fainted spell, or in deep profound dreamless sleep, or in a coma, or in complete total anesthesia, you in effect do not exist while you are in those conditions, by which you are no different from a lump of meat the cells of which are animate, but there is no longer any entity that is you a human, and also no longer you a person.

Twice in my lifetime I was in total anesthesia, when I got back to consciousness I could recall only that I was somewhat like talkative with the two doctors, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist, and the nurses, imagining myself to be such an absorbing speaker or err talker – and then I blanked out until I came back to consciousness again many hours later.

You see, I mentioned the experience of touching your nose and the nose of your partner in conversation and (s)he doing the same act, to come to know with certainty the existence of the nose in our face; and also I mentioned my eating corn grits and coming to the experience of the eating of corn grits and wherefore the existence of corn grits, and also the non-existence of corn grits in my home, when I have depleted my stock of corn grits; and I likewise mentioned how kids come to know the difference between existence and non-existence, when they finished all the ice cream in the freezer.

I think I also mentioned my own eventual dying as is the lot of all living things, which is the last experience of an event in process, which I will no longer be around to know that it has been completed, namely, the course of dying – although while in that process I know from experience in seeing how people die, that it will be like that.

So, for us humans, existence is in effect the experience of consciousness, which consciousness is the status in which we can experience everything like eating, drinking, pain in our abdomen, etc., like love and also sex, and very important the existence of other humans and of anything at all existing, even mental things i.e. thoughts in our mind.

[505 words]

Do you even know what the English language IS?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-12-2015, 12:30 AM
(24-12-2015 10:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 10:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Agreed. Bowing

The concept of God distracts one from knowing the truth of our perception by confusing our perception of truth...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's a trap.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
25-12-2015, 01:57 AM

^^ That.

If this were true, we would have no way of knowing, or detecting it, (now, anyway).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post