Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: Let us work together to concur on how to prove that something exists.
(25-12-2015 08:06 AM)Pachomius Wrote:  Dear posters here, please present your self-thought-out exposition on the concept of existence.

Here is my exposition.

You see, existence is the broadest of concepts, it embraces all concepts whatever, without it there is no understanding of any concepts at all, and therefore you will not be able to locate something in reality outside your mind, to correspond to a concept in your mind if you do not master the concept of existence.

And the first experience of a conscious entity like us humans, it is the experience of existence, so that if you are not a conscious entity there cannot be any experience at all of anything, and first and foremost not the experience of existence itself.

I will dare to say that experience of consciousness is the permeating medium of our human existence; this experience of consciousness itself is insofar as conscious entities like us humans are concerned, it is in effect equivalent to existence.

When you are in a fainted spell, or in deep profound dreamless sleep, or in a coma, or in complete total anesthesia, you in effect do not exist while you are in those conditions, by which you are no different from a lump of meat the cells of which are animate, but there is no longer any entity that is you a human, and also no longer you a person.

Twice in my lifetime I was in total anesthesia, when I got back to consciousness I could recall only that I was somewhat like talkative with the two doctors, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist, and the nurses, imagining myself to be such an absorbing speaker or err talker – and then I blanked out until I came back to consciousness again many hours later.

You see, I mentioned the experience of touching your nose and the nose of your partner in conversation and (s)he doing the same act, to come to know with certainty the existence of the nose in our face; and also I mentioned my eating corn grits and coming to the experience of the eating of corn grits and wherefore the existence of corn grits, and also the non-existence of corn grits in my home, when I have depleted my stock of corn grits; and I likewise mentioned how kids come to know the difference between existence and non-existence, when they finished all the ice cream in the freezer.

I think I also mentioned my own eventual dying as is the lot of all living things, which is the last experience of an event in process, which I will no longer be around to know that it has been completed, namely, the course of dying – although while in that process I know from experience in seeing how people die, that it will be like that.

So, for us humans, existence is in effect the experience of consciousness, which consciousness is the status in which we can experience everything like eating, drinking, pain in our abdomen, etc., like love and also sex, and very important the existence of other humans and of anything at all existing, even mental things i.e. thoughts in our mind. [505 words]

Yesterday, 07:48 AM

Pachomius

Likes Given: 0
Warning Level: 0%

I addressed this on page 1.

You lacked the reading comprehension to grasp it.

Waste of time trying again.

I do not believe this situation will improve with further attempts.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
25-12-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 02:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-12-2015 11:43 AM)julep Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pachomius,
You see that rock over there ?
Go smack your head as hard as possible into it.
Now tell me. Does that rock exist ? Is that rock conscious ?

You exist.
The rock exists. You just proved that part.
Only one of the above is conscious. You or the rock ?

Hint : it's not the rock.

If he hits himself on the head hard enough, it won't be Pachomius, either. Big Grin

From the posts we've seen here, I don't think the smacking will induce much change. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Put forward an idea, present evidence. Make a case...

...or hit the bricks, schmucky. Take your "content" and put it to a more appropriate use- like maybe fertilizing a crop somewhere?

Wanker.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 2 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
25-12-2015, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 02:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-12-2015 08:06 AM)Pachomius Wrote:  Dear posters here, please present your self-thought-out exposition on the concept of existence.

I AM. [2 words]

For a lengthier exposition,
I yam what I yam and dat's all what I yam I'm Popeye the sailor man. [16 words]

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-12-2015, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 02:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-12-2015 09:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Pachomius,
You see that rock over there ?
Go smack your head as hard as possible into it.
Now tell me. Does that rock exist ? Is that rock conscious ?

You exist.
The rock exists. You just proved that part.
Only one of the above is conscious. You or the rock ?

Hint : it's not the rock.

Is that what they're teaching in the elite Prep schools these days? Don't the parents worry about social services when their kids come home from school bloodied and bruised, metaphysically or otherwise?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Pachomous,
while you finding out the rock exist or not please go check on Alice. It's been a long time. She probably dead, decompose, and scramble beyond recognition. But since you you are the master of the universe that is not a problem. You can always rebuilt her.
[+] 3 users Like 5senses's post
25-12-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 07:39 PM by GirlyMan.)

Remember what the dormouse said.

#sigh
25-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Forgive me, but this thread is an invitation for us to work together to come to concurrence on what it is or how to prove that something exists.

Since you are all missing the purpose of this thread, and Girly asks me what is my concept of existence, because finally I requested you all to tell me what thing you want to ask me to talk about, anything at all, and that is what she did, Girly, with asking me what is my concept of existence.

And now I am asking you all also to tell me and readers what is your concept of existence, from your own thinking, and as in an exposition -- no, not just in 50 words, but like perhaps as in 505 words.

Again as I had feared, no one least of all Girly has come up with their exposition of what is their concept of existence, with presenting an exposition.

Now, this is a thinking atheist website and forum, so and forgive me, do contribute your thinking on what is existence.

I want to thank sincerely the powers that be in this forum, for their indulgence in allowing me to continue here.

To readers here, so that I will not appear to be into repeating things in my posts endlessly, I will now present my observations on what is a tautology, and how it is useful for people to come to know something which before they did not know.

Take this socalled tautology, "Paco is Francisco," and I will concur with the posters here, it is indeed a tautology if you know that the subject and the predicate of the statement or sentence are in concept identical.

Still I don’t agree with them that a tautology is useless, it is useless to themselves because they don’t think broader, higher, and deeper into things, they always keep to their dead-end slogans, like this is a tautology it is useless for not adding anything new, or a definition is a presumption so don’t bring in your definition whatever, etc.

Okay, how is a tautology useful to people?

Let us take this example of a tautology, “Paco is Francisco,” for people who need to find Francisco in a new neighborhood, and they know that “Paco is Francisco,” yes and that it is a tautology; so they ask the locals, “Where can I find a guy named Francisco or called Paco?” By the way, Kiko is also Francisco, so also Pancho.

If they don’t know except the name Francisco, the locals will point out to them some guy they call Paco or Kiko or Pancho, and tell them the inquirers, “There’s your Francisco, pointing to a guy they call Paco or Kiko or Pancho.

So readers, you now know that a tautology is very useful -- for people asking other people where to find someone or something: when at least from one side if not from both sides, they know some tautologies covering the person or thing being sought for, not only in a new neighborhood, but also in the internet, even in the universe.

What about this tautology as pointed out by one self-smart poster here:

"The default status of things in the world is existence."

I concur with posters here that yes that is a tautology, and they can continue with saying, that is why I am wasting my time and their time with bringing it up, because for being a tautology it is not adding anything new to what they already know, and wherefore they deny it to be a truth statement [because it is just a tautology].

But that is where they are wrong, namely, in denying that it is a truth statement [because it is just a tautology].

Why?

1. Because as they already know in their mind for a certainty that the statement, "The default status of things in the world is existence" is a tautology,

2. And as they also know for a certainty that a tautology statement consists in the identity between the subject and the predicate of that statement,

3. Wherefore they also without being conscious of it, that they in effect accept that statement "The default status of things in the world" is identical to "existence" is a truth statement.

That is an illustration of how posters here are chronically into the bad habit of self-contradiction, owing to their another bad habit of not thinking more wider, and higher, and deeper into the implications of their denials.

Dear readers, think about that, and notice that for being self-contradictory, they without knowing it of course, they resort to cussing and flippancy to desperately and futilely make a case for their refusal to work with me: to come to concurrence on what or how it is to prove that something exists.

ANNEX
[Please pardon the repetition.]

Here is my exposition.

You see, existence is the broadest of concepts, it embraces all concepts whatever, without it there is no understanding of any concepts at all, and therefore you will not be able to locate something in reality outside your mind, to correspond to a concept in your mind if you do not master the concept of existence.

And the first experience of a conscious entity like us humans, it is the experience of existence, so that if you are not a conscious entity there cannot be any experience at all of anything, and first and foremost not the experience of existence itself.

I will dare to say that experience of consciousness is the permeating medium of our human existence; this experience of consciousness itself is insofar as conscious entities like us humans are concerned, it is in effect equivalent to existence.

When you are in a fainted spell, or in deep profound dreamless sleep, or in a coma, or in complete total anesthesia, you in effect do not exist while you are in those conditions, by which you are no different from a lump of meat the cells of which are animate, but there is no longer any entity that is you a human, and also no longer you a person.

Twice in my lifetime I was in total anesthesia, when I got back to consciousness I could recall only that I was somewhat like talkative with the two doctors, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist, and the nurses, imagining myself to be such an absorbing speaker or err talker – and then I blanked out until I came back to consciousness again many hours later.

You see, I mentioned the experience of touching your nose and the nose of your partner in conversation and (s)he doing the same act, to come to know with certainty the existence of the nose in our face; and also I mentioned my eating corn grits and coming to the experience of the eating of corn grits and wherefore the existence of corn grits, and also the non-existence of corn grits in my home, when I have depleted my stock of corn grits; and I likewise mentioned how kids come to know the difference between existence and non-existence, when they finished all the ice cream in the freezer.

I think I also mentioned my own eventual dying as is the lot of all living things, which is the last experience of an event in process, which I will no longer be around to know that it has been completed, namely, the course of dying – although while in that process I know from experience in seeing how people die, that it will be like that.

So, for us humans, existence is in effect the experience of consciousness, which consciousness is the status in which we can experience everything like eating, drinking, pain in our abdomen, etc., like love and also sex, and very important the existence of other humans and of anything at all existing, even mental things i.e. thoughts in our mind. [505 words]

Yesterday, 07:48 AM

Pachomius

Likes Given: 0
Warning Level: 0%
25-12-2015, 08:02 PM
(25-12-2015 07:47 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  and Girly asks me what is my concept of existence,

Girly's got you back brother. Big Grin

[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

#sigh
25-12-2015, 08:10 PM
You sexy thing.

#sigh