Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead
I've put this forward before with a good degree of success with women, not so much with men.

Instead of standard birth control in it's various forms including abortion which leads to woman control, lets do the other option that has never been considered in the patriarchy world... sperm/conception control or man control.

By this I mean controlling the application and usage of the male's sperm. A woman's eggs drop and are flushed out every month without any need for the woman to be controlled for her pregnancy. It's not until you add the man's sperm that pregnancy can happen so why aren't we controlling men's behavior instead of women's?

Women have been responsible for protecting themselves from pregnancy forever, chemical birth control with is not always effective, can make the woman sick, can make her feel pain (spermicides are rough on the vaginal walls), even tubal ligations fail, can make her hormones volatile and even give her cancer. And when the various forms fail she is physically, financially and emotionally responsible for the birth or the termination of said pregnancy. If she gets any help with this responsibility it's at the grace and interest of the sperm donor because too often they can and do wriggle out of the responsibility even though there are laws to prevent this. A lifetime responsibly. (And I'm not even going to use the rape card.)

So I propose we use man control for a change and create new laws to control men's behavior. We could sanction sex and have men get permits to engage in it with contracted responsibilities. We could give each young man a vasectomy (for free as well as the reversal at a later date) and let him have all the consensual sex he wants until such time that he gets a female to agree to carry his offspring, again a contractual agreement to which both parties would be bound unless some medical issue developed and the woman, if at undue risk to herself, could resend the process, agreed upon in advance, of course. At that time he can have the reversal done and voile' the baby making can begin.

The unwanted pregnancy rate would drop to almost non-existence and solve the abortion problem for all. No teenage pregnancies, no rape pregnancies (I'll throw this in for the overall totals) no "we had too much to drink to remember condoms/birth control", no birth control fails or nearly none. No unwanted babies ever.

So lets control the REAL baby makers... the sperm!

Woo-wee! Lets do that!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
03-04-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead
I said it before, I say it, again.

Give men a birth control pill! See if there's an unwanted pregnancy EVER AGAIN! Sleepy

WE wouldn't forget to take the shit! Drinking Beverage

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
03-04-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry is this a joke?

Late April fools maybe?

Why not just require girls before they begin their periods to undergo a tubal ligation?

It's just as dumb and does nothing to protect against STDs.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2016, 04:45 PM
(03-04-2016 04:42 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I said it before, I say it, again.

Give men a birth control pill! See if there's an unwanted pregnancy EVER AGAIN! Sleepy

Tongue

Yeah, I never forgot either. My husband and I planned our kids very carefully. When we were first married we used condoms, foam and pills. I wanted some time to live my life before I was tied to a poop and spew machine. Big Grin

03-04-2016, 04:45 PM

Tongue

They're developing one. But again, pregnancy isn't the only side effect of sex. STDs are as well and that (much like the pill or other ideas that don't involve a condom don't address at all).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2016, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 04:52 PM by Heatheness.)
(03-04-2016 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry is this a joke?

Late April fools maybe?

Why not just require girls before they begin their periods to undergo a tubal ligation?

It's just as dumb and does nothing to protect against STDs.

Because a vasectomy is not as invasive as a tubal and as I said, females have always been the ones to have the majority of that responsibility. Now it's the man's turn.

And you're welcome to your opinions. Smile

Edited to swap those.

03-04-2016, 04:48 PM
(03-04-2016 04:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Tongue

They're developing one. But again, pregnancy isn't the only side effect of sex. STDs are as well and that (much like the pill or other ideas that don't involve a condom don't address at all).

This is true, but if there was a male version of the pill it would stop a lot of unwanted teen pregnancies. Putting a girl on BC is viewed less than favorably by a large portion of religious people yet boys are encouraged to go chasing skirt. So while it does not prevent STD's it does prevent pregnancy and would be a positive thing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
I am afraid I don't see how it's better to basically force young men to undergo a surgical procedure when they would have to have another surgical procedure (and hope it works) later.

Yes, there are some problems with birth control methods for women. Taking any sort of chemical/hormonal substance into the system carries the possibility of side effects. The same can be said of implanted devices like the IUD - but that's an option not a requirement.

Forcing an invasive procedure on a healthy person is ethically wrong.

What needs to happen is for men and women to take responsibility for their reproductive systems and any resulting diseases or pregnancies.[/align]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 11 users Like Anjele's post
03-04-2016, 04:50 PM

Tongue

Praise Science! Bowing
I know, but Heatheness'es's post sounded particularly anti-uwanted-baby-ish. Tongue
Just making the case that if the shoe was on the other foot, you ladies might have to hide our pills! Wink
"But honey I WANT to have a baby" Sadcryface
"Too bad! I don't, & I ain't spittin none up in ya" Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
03-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Tongue

I'm addressing pregnancy. If you want to address STD you're welcome to start a thread about that. Funny, I didn't see this complaint about STD's in the other thread about abortion/birth control. Were you saving just for me?