Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2016, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 08:12 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead
(03-04-2016 05:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 05:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, that's mainly because reversing them doesn't always work.

Also, a male friend I knew had a vasectomy in his early 20s and in his 40s got his partner pregnant. The band used had degraded over time (he thought they were severed). It turned out ok for him though. Still he was pretty shocked.

Yes, it does happen. That's why I said nearly no unwanted pregnancies.

My daughter not only had hers tied but she had them cut out a chunk and fry the ends and tied. Every time her husband breathed her direction she got pregnant. lol Which was ok with them but she developed preeclampsia with the second one and it was much worse with the third so, no more babies. I have three lovely grandsons and I still have my daughter too. Very happy about that.

I had premature rupture of my membranes for no reason (no infection or other obvious reason for it). First kid was born at 34 weeks and the second my water broke at 26ish weeks and he was born 28 (when I delvioped an infection from the ruptured membrane). My body also refused to go into any active labor without an epidural. I'm just fun that way. Facepalm

There was no option for a third.

Which is fine since apparently I'm not qualified.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2016, 05:39 PM
(03-04-2016 04:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To put things quite bluntly I personally would love a hormonal male birth control. EA has 2 kids for thing 1 (the girl) we already have her on BC pills partially due to other reasons but mainly because we don't want her to fuck over her future by having a kid at 16. Thing 2 however we just get to warn not to trust any girl ever and make sure he has condoms available so he doesn't throw away his future.

When my son was 17 his mother, my wife at the time, found rubbers in his bedroom and came down hard on him! "What are you doing with these?" She asked. I tried my best to calm her down and tell her it was a lot better that he have them and use them if he was doing anything that would warrant their use than not! I told him to put them in a plastic bag in a paper bag under the spare tire in the trunk of his car where Mommy would not be looking.
[+] 7 users Like DerFish's post
03-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Quote:So I propose we use man control for a change and create new laws to control men's behavior. We could sanction sex and have men get permits to engage in it with contracted responsibilities. We could give each young man a vasectomy (for free as well as the reversal at a later date) and let him have all the consensual sex he wants until such time that he gets a female to agree to carry his offspring, again a contractual agreement to which both parties would be bound unless some medical issue developed and the woman, if at undue risk to herself, could resend the process, agreed upon in advance, of course. At that time he can have the reversal done and voile' the baby making can begin.

Well, this is the most retarded shit I've seen in a while.
A licence to have sex? Are you serious? Like seriously, are you serious?

The vast majority of teens are not about to tell their parents they had/going to have sex let alone sit down with their parents and discuss the need to go down to the DMV and get their sex licence. That's beyond ridiculous. Especially when usually when people have sex they do so in private so what the fuck motivation is their to preach it to the world?? It's the same reason why banning homosexuality in foreign countries doesn't work. They just fuck in private.
All it would do is create issues where teenagers are getting prosecuted because they got caught having sex and didn't have a licence. It's beyond a retarded unfesable idea.

Vasectomies aren't 100%. I imagine at a young age especially when the body is growing. And further, they're not always reversible. I guarantee you you ask teen boys now if they want in the future and 90% would say no. Ask 35 year old married men and that'll be a different result. It would be punishing men for something stupid they did as a teen. Especially in light of all the contraception on the market already meaning a vasectomy isn't needed.

Quote:So lets control the REAL baby makers... the sperm!

No, the baby makers are the sperm AND eggs.
It takes two to tango and it takes two to make a baby.
By trying to put all the responsibility on one party you're being sexiest and unrealistic.

The truth is, women have more to lose than men when it comes to sex. They're the ones that can get pregnant. They're the ones that would have to get an abortion or have the child. And so there is more responsibility on their part to protect themselves. It's like if I'm a cyclist on the road, everyone has equal rights on the road but in reality if I get hit by a car I could die where as the car would get a small dent and so their is far more responsibility on me to be careful because I have more to lose.

I'm not saying the male isn't responsible, the male is most certainly responsible. He needs to ensure that he has protection and knows how to use it and uses it. But it's the girl who has the bigger responsibility to say no.

You make this thread like it's mens fault teen pregnancy is so high. It's not just mens fault, it's womens fault. Teen pregnancy occurs because two parties have been careless/irresponsible. So the solution is not blaming young men, it's waking both the boy and girl around the ears and telling them to sort their shit out.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
03-04-2016, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 06:06 PM by jennybee.)
I hope there's a birth control pill for men at some point. I hated taking birth control pills and I had a really bad reaction to them. I don't use pills anymore and use condoms instead. I've also used the pull out method which I know is not the most effective method and I would not recommend that for everyone--but I was in long-term rship at the time and we were both fine if I got pregnant as we had the means and desire to take care of a baby should that have occurred.

As far as teen pregnancy goes, I think society needs to be more realistic about the fact that teenagers are doing it. I think parents need to talk to their kids like EA and Revs are doing and make options available for them to prevent pregnancies and STD's. Health education in schools also needs to start early on. Sex needs to stop being such a taboo in our society so teenagers feel comfortable asking questions and getting condoms/pills to stay healthy and baby free.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
03-04-2016, 06:04 PM
(03-04-2016 05:20 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Oh, wanted to add that while yes I have my daughter on bc pills, it wasn't exactly a walk in the park to do so. I initially went to her primary care doctor and asked about getting her put on the pill and they treated me like an unfit parent - gasped and told me she's just a child. No shit she's a child. So she doesn't need to *have* a child, savvy?

Went to a gynecologist and got it with luckily no problems, but on this last refill of hers, there was a minor delay because the insurance had to make sure it hadn't been prescribed for use as a contraceptive. Dodgy We got it prescribed for her under the excuse/reason of regulating her cycles but mostly it was for my peace of mind. So I suppose if it had been prescribed for its main intended use they'd have said sorry no dice? This is the definition of fucked up. And it's why Texas has such a high rate of teen pregnancies.

Fuck you, Texas.

It's not just TX. I went through the same years ago with one of my daughters. They had to say the prescription was to help relieve heavy cycles and cramping.

The doctor in my home town gave me a prescription when I was about 16 or 17. He knew he could get into trouble at that time but said he also knew what my dad would do to me if I got pregnant and he didn't want that on his conscience.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
03-04-2016, 06:19 PM
(03-04-2016 05:17 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Having been a teen mother myself, I worry quite often about my daughter either getting pregnant or my son getting some girl pregnant. As Rev said, my daughter is on birth control pills but I still worry about this issue - there is a huge huge stigma to getting an abortion here, and I don't even want to know how difficult it'd be just to obtain one.

I thought at the time (when I was a teen) that really it wasn't all that bad being a mom and I didn't feel bad about it. It is only later that resentment has crept in. That's not how it should be. I do love my kids but they should have been planned, and neither was planned for.

Anyway, I think it'd be great if I could get my son on some kind of hormonal birth control whenever he gets to be that age, but my options are pretty much limited to drilling home the "use a condom no matter what, even if she says she's on birth control" thing and I know all too well how things happen quickly and without thought to consequences in the heat of the moment. Undecided

And once again, this is Texas with a lot of religious folks about - if he got a girl pregnant, odds are that an abortion would not be in the cards and they'd expect him to financially support the girl and if he didn't then there's a whole other shitstorm with people looking badly on him. So either his reputation would be ruined if he decided he could not handle being a father when he was just a kid himself, or he takes on fatherhood too early and ends up like me all those years down the road feeling resentful and then feeling horrible about feeling resentful. Sad

I for one am riding out their teen years pretty much like this: Unsure Confused Hobo

I'm happy you made it work for you and your kids. That's a lot of responsibility for a teen. I didn't have my 1st until I was one month from being 27 and my second at 32 and that was hard for me. I'm glad you made it a success. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
03-04-2016, 07:20 PM
(03-04-2016 04:35 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I've put this forward before with a good degree of success with women, not so much with men.

Instead of standard birth control in it's various forms including abortion which leads to woman control, lets do the other option that has never been considered in the patriarchy world... sperm/conception control or man control.

By this I mean controlling the application and usage of the male's sperm. A woman's eggs drop and are flushed out every month without any need for the woman to be controlled for her pregnancy. It's not until you add the man's sperm that pregnancy can happen so why aren't we controlling men's behavior instead of women's?

Women have been responsible for protecting themselves from pregnancy forever, chemical birth control with is not always effective, can make the woman sick, can make her feel pain (spermicides are rough on the vaginal walls), even tubal ligations fail, can make her hormones volatile and even give her cancer. And when the various forms fail she is physically, financially and emotionally responsible for the birth or the termination of said pregnancy. If she gets any help with this responsibility it's at the grace and interest of the sperm donor because too often they can and do wriggle out of the responsibility even though there are laws to prevent this. A lifetime responsibly. (And I'm not even going to use the rape card.)

So I propose we use man control for a change and create new laws to control men's behavior. We could sanction sex and have men get permits to engage in it with contracted responsibilities. We could give each young man a vasectomy (for free as well as the reversal at a later date) and let him have all the consensual sex he wants until such time that he gets a female to agree to carry his offspring, again a contractual agreement to which both parties would be bound unless some medical issue developed and the woman, if at undue risk to herself, could resend the process, agreed upon in advance, of course. At that time he can have the reversal done and voile' the baby making can begin.

The unwanted pregnancy rate would drop to almost non-existence and solve the abortion problem for all. No teenage pregnancies, no rape pregnancies (I'll throw this in for the overall totals) no "we had too much to drink to remember condoms/birth control", no birth control fails or nearly none. No unwanted babies ever.

So lets control the REAL baby makers... the sperm!

Woo-wee! Lets do that!

(1) <Enter shrieking from the religious right here>

(2) <Enter shrieking about Big Gov't here>

OK, now that we have the irrational stuff that will be the actual problem out of the way:

(3) Men lie. Especially horny teen boys.

(4) Licensing sex may be a wee bit more power than I really want gov't to have.

(5) Many of your suggestions make me wonder if you were ever a teen. We're talking about people who apparently don't have the wits to put a condom on, so a vassectomy might be asking a bit much of their foresight.

(6) Your average teenage boy is going to be slightly more reluctant to have a scalpel slicing through his scrotum than you may expect.

(7) Vassectomies aren't 100% effective. Who knew? About 1 in 2000 grow back. More fail from people who have sex to soon afterward. They are also not without complication.

(8) Vassectomies aren't 100% reversible, especially if a significant amount of time has elapsed. Those that are still suffer low sperm counts, poor sperm motility and above average rates of genetic disorders and birth defects.

I'm in favor of a male pill or IVD if they can ever get one that works. The problem there is simply numerical. It's a lot easier to snipe a single ovum once a month than it is to gun down a few hundred thousand sperm and it only takes one to slip through.

All in all I suspect that it would be much simpler and more effective to get a large sack, stuff all the imbeciles advocating abstinence only "birth control" into it and shake some wits into them. Remove those fools from the equation and you could probably chop the unwanted teen pregnancy rate in the US by half.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
03-04-2016, 07:29 PM
(03-04-2016 05:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But it's the girl who has the bigger responsibility to say no.

WTF?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Exogenous testosterone will cause your little fellas to go to sleep. And you get swole. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Easier and better solution.

Give the teens condoms, and explain to the boys that if they want to cum inside her, in needs to be either in her mouth, or her butt. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post