Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead
It would be nice if more options were available to men. Im glad they are working on a pill.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-04-2016, 05:19 PM
(04-04-2016 10:52 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It would be nice if more options were available to men. Im glad they are working on a pill.

Exogenous testosterone replacement therapy in sufficient dosage will send the fellas into early retirement.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-04-2016, 06:00 PM
(04-04-2016 10:52 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It would be nice if more options were available to men. Im glad they are working on a pill.

The issue with the pill though, IMO, is that it's not as effective as a condom and doesn't prevent STDs. You need pill + condom to have the best chance against child tumors. So I think if guys can take a pill they'll be too confident, they wont use condoms and so STDs will rise and I think pregnancy will rise also.

It can also be abused "oh yea baby, I'm on the pill it's all good..". Women do that already, next minute.. how do you think it's gonna be with guys? Guys are gonna abuse the shit out of that just so they don't have to use a condom and than the women is stuck with a baby tumor while the guy fucks off to Australia where he can't be forced to pay child support.

I think for responsible people it's a great idea. But to curb teen pregnancy I think it's a shit idea. I think guys should take it like how women take the pill to prevent pregnancy, but I don't think it's gonna be the wonder pill that stops teenagers having babies.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-04-2016, 06:51 PM
I do not like children, and I have the makings of a lousy parent. I never want to get pregnant because I'm way too consumed with my own goals to worry about a baby that I absolutely do not want. Yet, once a month my body thinks it’s just hysterical to drop an egg and say to me, “Hey Aliza! Let’s have a baby!” My reproductive system floods my body with hormones that cause my brain to seriously consider the proposal.

The problem with leaving birth control solely in the hands of women is that –at least in my case- not having children goes against the grain. It defies my biology to deliberately sabotage my body’s effort to pop out a dozen kids. Based solely on how I respond to ovulation, I wonder if some of these unwanted pregnancies are secretly (sort of) wanted on some level from women whose ovulation cycles are temporarily running the show. While I don't think it's feasible to compel anyone to undergo surgery that they don't want to have, I think it’s long overdue to develop a male birth control pill so men can protect their own interests in this process and ensure that more pregnancies are intentional and wanted.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
04-04-2016, 06:57 PM
(03-04-2016 04:35 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  So I propose we use man control for a change and create new laws to control men's behavior. We could sanction sex and have men get permits to engage in it with contracted responsibilities. We could give each young man a vasectomy (for free as well as the reversal at a later date) and let him have all the consensual sex he wants until such time that he gets a female to agree to carry his offspring, again a contractual agreement to which both parties would be bound unless some medical issue developed and the woman, if at undue risk to herself, could resend the process, agreed upon in advance, of course. At that time he can have the reversal done and voile' the baby making can begin. [...]

I understand where you're coming from with this—as far as the the male and female sharing equal responsibility for their birth control practices—but there's no way I'd ever condone compulsory vasectomies for young males. That's far too close to eugenics (reduced rates of sexual reproduction and sterilization of people with less-desired or undesired genetic traits) for my liking. It'd also be a gross repression of personal liberty and an invasion of human rights by the state.

The other critical factor is that after a vasectomy is reversed, the chance of partner pregnancy can be reduced to less than 80%, although motile sperm levels (or patency rate) normally do reach around 95%. Is it at all fair or reasonable to deny those 5% to 20% of men the right to reproduce? Of course not.

I had a vasectomy (cautery plus tying) as a younger man because although I was married at the time, neither of us wanted to have children. At that time, in Australia, it was extremely difficult for a young man to obtain a vasectomy if he'd not already fathered at least two children. And likewise for young women wanting a tubal ligation.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
04-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(04-04-2016 06:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I do not like children, and I have the makings of a lousy parent. I never want to get pregnant because I'm way too consumed with my own goals to worry about a baby that I absolutely do not want. Yet, once a month my body thinks it’s just hysterical to drop an egg and say to me, “Hey Aliza! Let’s have a baby!” My reproductive system floods my body with hormones that cause my brain to seriously consider the proposal.

The problem with leaving birth control solely in the hands of women is that –at least in my case- not having children goes against the grain. It defies my biology to deliberately sabotage my body’s effort to pop out a dozen kids. Based solely on how I respond to ovulation, I wonder if some of these unwanted pregnancies are secretly (sort of) wanted on some level from women whose ovulation cycles are temporarily running the show. While I don't think it's feasible to compel anyone to undergo surgery that they don't want to have, I think it’s long overdue to develop a male birth control pill so men can protect their own interests in this process and ensure that more pregnancies are intentional and wanted.

I agree. There are just as many unscrupulous women as men out there and "I'm on the pill" has snagged many a man in a prego net. Protect thy self!

On another note entirely I have huge respect for people who know they don't want children and will stand up for that right not to breed. The thought that some people are coerced or maneuvered into having children because parents want grandchildren or because all your friends are baby making makes me sad. Or even worse, your partner sabotages your defense strategy.

To see brave people stand up for what's right for them against what most of society and your own body says, is awesome. It may give someone else who feels like you to stand against the wave of "reproduce, reproduce!"

As a CASA Advocate I am also an advocate of "don't have children unless you feel your life won't be complete without them". They are 24/7 work, a pain in the ass and needy needy needy and I say this with all the love in the world for my own kids. It's a constant swing from "I love you so much my heart might break" to "what the fucking was I thinking?" Many many many times I thought I made the wrong decision and honestly before my grandsons came along I would have answered that question, "if you had it to do over again...." with, no. I'm happy to see more people pushback against the procreate tide if they want.

But I completely understand what you are saying about the hormone surge. However, once we decided on no more children and he got a vasectomy my hormones still continued to rave. I found having major orgasms shoved those hormones on the back burner fast. That's how I dealt with it and it worked for me. It's a base instinct, not an easy thing to fight.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
04-04-2016, 07:39 PM
(03-04-2016 05:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Here's a link to male bc.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/health/mal...trol-pill/

Again I don't see this a solution. Safe sex is a better option because people do lie. I knew girls who told guys they were on the pill when they weren't in high school. I imagine guys might do the same.

Completely disagree, men will take it diligently if there aren't any noteworthy side effects. Being slammed with paying child support isn't high on the priority list of most young men. As for the side effects, the hormonal imbalances are one of the few downsides to female birth control as it is; from my understanding, this won't be an issue with male birth control. Men will also be less stigmatized for seeking contraception in religious areas, which will allow for easier access and be less susceptible to far right culture war shenanigans. So there really won't be much reason for men to lie about taking it because 1. There won't be nasty side effects for doing so, 2. They can access it more readily and 3. They by and large won't be interested in tricking women into unwanted pregnancies. For women, libido functions as an urge to become impregnated, and many a foolhardy woman are eager to do so and will possibly rely on deception to accomplish this. Men's sex drive revolve around releasing sperm, regardless of the potency and successfulness of fertilization. Therefore, male birth control would absolutely reduce the rates of unwanted and teenage pregnancies, particularly in socially conservative areas.

Plus, nobody is suggesting this should be done in lieu of condoms and other contraceptives that prevent the spread of STDs, but in conjunction. And let's not forget how much of a boon this will be for committed, monogamous couples that prefer condomless sex due to the security in knowing their partner's sexual health status, but would prefer an alternative to a pill that screws with the woman's hormonal levels and emotions.

Win-win all around.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
04-04-2016, 07:47 PM
If I ever get to a point in life where I feel I might have sex again, I fully intend to get a vasectomy first.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
04-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Quote:They by and large won't be interested in tricking women into unwanted pregnancies.

I agree but that's not the issue I see. The issue I see is the guy thinking with his dick. He just wants sexy time in the backseat but he doesn't have a condom. So out comes the "oh yea baby, I'm on the pill it's all good.." line. He's not thinking about the fact he could get her pregnant, he just wants sexy time. Next thing she's pregnant and he's pissed off to leave her with the consequences of his lie.

Not to mention if he dos take this pill but she still gets pregnant, how many women are gonna believe that he was truthful in saying he was taking that pill regardless if he was or wasn't?

At least with women, while horrible for lying about being on the pill, the consequences mostly effect her so she brings it upon herself. I think a guy lying about being on the pill would be borderline illegal type of behavior because you're intentionally giving the women a baby tumor while she believes she's 97% safe.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-04-2016, 07:53 PM
(04-04-2016 07:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:They by and large won't be interested in tricking women into unwanted pregnancies.

I agree but that's not the issue I see. The issue I see is the guy thinking with his dick. He just wants sexy time in the backseat but he doesn't have a condom. So out comes the "oh yea baby, I'm on the pill it's all good.." line. He's not thinking about the fact he could get her pregnant, he just wants sexy time. Next thing she's pregnant and he's pissed off to leave her with the consequences of his lie.

Not to mention if he dos take this pill but she still gets pregnant, how many women are gonna believe that he was truthful in saying he was taking that pill regardless if he was or wasn't?

At least with women, while horrible for lying about being on the pill, the consequences mostly effect her so she brings it upon herself. I think a guy lying about being on the pill would be borderline illegal type of behavior because you're intentionally giving the women a baby tumor while she believes she's 97% safe.

Everyone needs to be responsible for their own contraception, and condoms need to be the rule until you're in a committed relationship.

And you're right. Baby tumors are horrible.