Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Lets Try Sperm/Conception Control Instead
(05-04-2016 06:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hmmm. Girls have to worry about pregnancy and hence take birth control. I can't see what's different about a guy taking birth control. If they're dumb enough to do it without a condom when they *are* on birth control then they're definitely dumb enough to impregnate someone. For myself if I had brats I'd encourage both genders to take birth control - provided it was safe and effective. STDs aren't so terrible anyway, apart from HIV I guess. Sure it burns when you pee, but it's the same as every other disease for most of 'em - you go to the doc, he giggles a bit and a few weeks later there's no problem. Compared to the risk of getting some girl pregnant... Ye hypothetical brat is gonna have a jolly old *drawerful* of condoms anyway. And condoms aren't super effective for preventing the spread of most STDs IIRC.

It wasn't pregnancies I was worried about though. It's just that I feel that with a pill you certainly feel more carefree than with having to use a condom every time. The temptation not to use a condom would be stronger if you knew that "at least you won't get pregnant!"

STD's can actually be quite dangerous, especially with kids, who would be hesitant to seek treatment soon enough. It's also not a very pleasant thing to find out you have HPV and having to go to the doctor every 6 months and go through a very unpleasant and painful examination just to make sure you're still ok and they won't have to remove a part of your uterus today or that at least you don't have cancer. So yeah.

And yes, condoms aren't super effective, but they are very effective.

(05-04-2016 06:39 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Do you feel that way about females, that they aren't responsible about std's because they feel safe on the oill? Seems like you're saying males can't or won't act responsibly.

I wasn't talking about males being more irresponsible, I was just talking about males because the whole thread was about males. It's exactly the same thing with girls. I do believe that girls who are on the pill are more careless.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 02:44 PM
(05-04-2016 12:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  It wasn't pregnancies I was worried about though. It's just that I feel that with a pill you certainly feel more carefree than with having to use a condom every time. The temptation not to use a condom would be stronger if you knew that "at least you won't get pregnant!"
STD better than pregnancy. And kids can be educated about STDs in the same way that they can be educated about pregnancy. IOW it will fuck up your life. Don't take chances.

Quote:STD's can actually be quite dangerous, especially with kids, who would be hesitant to seek treatment soon enough. It's also not a very pleasant thing to find out you have HPV and having to go to the doctor every 6 months and go through a very unpleasant and painful examination just to make sure you're still ok and they won't have to remove a part of your uterus today or that at least you don't have cancer. So yeah.
Right, so... I fail to see how providing kids access to birth control affects any of this.

Quote:And yes, condoms aren't super effective, but they are very effective.
Agreed. Therefore contraception + condoms = yay!

Quote:
(05-04-2016 06:39 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Do you feel that way about females, that they aren't responsible about std's because they feel safe on the oill? Seems like you're saying males can't or won't act responsibly.

I wasn't talking about males being more irresponsible, I was just talking about males because the whole thread was about males. It's exactly the same thing with girls. I do believe that girls who are on the pill are more careless.

They might be more careless about pregnancy and more likely to pick up an STD, but IMO the benefit outweighs the risk a *lot*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-04-2016, 02:39 AM
(05-04-2016 02:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  STD better than pregnancy. And kids can be educated about STDs in the same way that they can be educated about pregnancy. IOW it will fuck up your life. Don't take chances.

They can be educated, yes, but it would have to be in a much better way than the current one in order for any of this to work.

Quote:Right, so... I fail to see how providing kids access to birth control affects any of this.

Jeez morondog, you were the one who said "STDs are not that serious" or something. I was replying to that Tongue

Quote:Agreed. Therefore contraception + condoms = yay!

Of course. I never said otherwise.

Quote:They might be more careless about pregnancy and more likely to pick up an STD, but IMO the benefit outweighs the risk a *lot*.

Just expressing my concern about this method here, nothing more, nothing less.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
06-04-2016, 08:23 AM
(03-04-2016 04:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Because a vasectomy is not as invasive as a tubal and as I said, females have always been the ones to have the majority of that responsibility. Now it's the man's turn.

I have had a vasectomy.

Given that women aren't forced to take birth control, I don't see why a man should be, either.

And in regards to which is more invasive, there is now an out patient procedure for women that doesn't involve any incisions. They put something in the tubes that grows a cyst, stopping the release of eggs. My wife and I had each respective procedure, just to make sure.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post