Poll: add a 'nope' button.
nah
nope
oh hell fucking no
milk?
[Show Results]

Lets bring up this old debate again shall we?

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
22-11-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: Lets bring up this old debate again shall we?
(21-11-2015 10:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  'Dislike' button.
It doesn't have to be 'dislike', for example another forum I occasionally post at has an 'agree' button, a 'helpful' button and a 'respectfully disagree' button. I'm not that insists we be polite but I can certainly understand not wanting a 'dislike' button.
But surely we could modify it a bit to effectively have the same result just a little less 'fuck you' and a little more 'ehh I disagree'.

Which brings me to my suggestion, the 'nope' button.

It's not as abrasive as (and shut the fuck I just realized all you cunts are gonna instant post below 'nope'. So I'm getting in before you do and saying fuck you, your momma's a hoe.) 'dislike' but gets the message across. It could be a standard 'nah' all the way through to a solid 'oh hell fucking no'.

This way we have options between simply liking or not liking and for those situations that you want to share disagreement but don't wanna post you can.

You don't even need a thing on people's profile counting the number they receive like we do with likes.

Opinions?

Perhaps a "Dislike" button.

However it may require over the top and expensive changes to the forum. I am unsure to be honest.
It'd be nice to have it to deal with the religious nuts though. I'd like to be able to simply Dislike a Heywood or Q post. Not worth responding.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 03:41 AM
Just pointing out for those that don't remember but there was a time where there was no 'unlike' button.
Deep was able to easily add one no trouble.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-11-2015, 03:50 AM
(22-11-2015 03:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just pointing out for those that don't remember but there was a time where there was no 'unlike' button.

Really. That's interesting. Many of us were likely not here as yet.

If it is easy to install and gives no trouble, I am all for it.

Thanks for the info EM. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
22-11-2015, 04:02 AM
(22-11-2015 03:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 03:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just pointing out for those that don't remember but there was a time where there was no 'unlike' button.

Really. That's interesting. Many of us were likely not here as yet.

Call yourself a skeptic?

"no trouble" was anecdotal evidence coming from a self-avowed totalitarian.

The correct response would have been "[citation needed]"

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-11-2015, 04:11 AM
(22-11-2015 04:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 03:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Really. That's interesting. Many of us were likely not here as yet.

Call yourself a skeptic?

"no trouble" was anecdotal evidence coming from a self-avowed totalitarian.

The correct response would have been "[citation needed]"

Wink

As always I bow to your better judgement.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
22-11-2015, 04:46 AM
I'd prefer an FOAD button...

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-11-2015, 05:16 AM
Though it should be fairly easy to add the nope/dislike button, I don't want it, because:
1) This is not facebook
2) When I wish to say "nope", nothing less than a full-sized meme will be able to express my emotions.
3) So far the posts here that do deserve a "nope" are generally from shit-n-run posters and will run the risk of receiving more "nopes" than the original post content.

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 6 users Like Aoi Magi's post
22-11-2015, 05:49 AM
(21-11-2015 11:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So what you're telling me is your preference would be, say, five different options? Like a scale? Heck one could even call it a rating system. ConsiderDodgy

Well, actually then we should also have a Bell distribution that shows for each post, .... and an auto-calculation of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd standard deviations for that too, doncha think ?

Oh, and then a bar graph that shows where each poster is in that thread's distribution, and an overall bar graph of where they rank in a total distribution of all posts.

Tongue

Rolleyes Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-11-2015, 05:54 AM
(21-11-2015 11:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So what you're telling me is your preference would be, say, five different options? Like a scale? Heck one could even call it a rating system. ConsiderDodgy

To be fair, you can't exactly rate a single post like you can "Like" a single post.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-11-2015, 06:08 AM

That being said, I vote to add the 'unlike button". Maybe even add a stronger unlike button called "ass hole." Drinking Beverage

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More