Poll: add a 'nope' button.
nah
nope
oh hell fucking no
milk?
[Show Results]

Lets bring up this old debate again shall we?

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
22-11-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Lets bring up this old debate again shall we?
Its like wearing a pedometer without caring how far you walk.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Consider I think I could visualize a button that tells everyone I disagree or simply need further information in order to either, "like" or break out my flamethrower.

A possibility: HUH?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Whilst I am not particularly bothered if such a thing exists or not on this forum. I cannot actually find any reason not to have a dislike button, it is just the opposite of the like button after all.

I think you have to explore the reasons why the like button was put in place Muffs, therein lies all of your reasoning and justification to have its opposite put into place.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
23-11-2015, 09:53 PM
I don't imagine much thought actually went into having it or not having it. It's just one of those things forums have or don't have.

It's irrelevant now anyway why it was added. The only question that matters in regards to the dislike button is why should we put a dislike button in. And as you've said yourself, I cannot find a reason why we shouldn't.

The like button serves as a feature (one feature among several such as just replying to the post or PM or the rating system) people can use to express their opinions on individual posts. However due to its nature it's only 1 side where as all the other methods in which we express opinions on this forum (which is what a forum is, an expression of people's opinions) have multiple options. Hell, even the rating system and that's not even post specific that's straight up personal.

I'm not taking away people's ability to post and reply to a post, you can do both, I just want it added because it adds the other side of the opinion spectrum to the feature. If a post gets 5 likes that's only 1 side of the story. If it get 5 likes and 50 dislikes that's a far more accurate portrait of the public's opinion.

As a forum that's defended the rating system having a negative option many times, and one that prides itself in equal speech I thought people would be jumping to get this added.

It makes sense, it suits the forum, it takes nothing away and has everything to gain.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
23-11-2015, 10:01 PM
(23-11-2015 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As a forum that's defended the rating system having a negative option many times, and one that prides itself in equal speech I thought people would be jumping to get this added.

It makes sense, it suits the forum, it takes nothing away and has everything to gain.

It will destroy the morals of the young and bring down God's wrath on all of us. Lecture_preist

So, we should give it a try. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2015, 10:55 PM
(21-11-2015 10:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'm thinking it would probably be easier for anyone who has a "nah" opinion to just type in those three letters than it would be to change the whole damn forum.

Nah.

That was pretty easy actually.

Nope. One letter too many.

I disagree. WAY too many letter and too much hard work.

How about N?

N

Yeah that's pretty easy! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-11-2015, 10:56 PM
(23-11-2015 10:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  It will destroy the morals of the young and bring down God's wrath on all of us. Lecture_preist

So, we should give it a try. Drinking Beverage

Like rock n roll did. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
23-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Yes. We should have a holiday theme background.
What ? Am I late answering that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-11-2015, 11:35 PM
(23-11-2015 11:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes. We should have a holiday theme background.

What type of holiday? Surfing, diving, beach going, mountaineering.....

Banjo.
23-11-2015, 11:40 PM
(23-11-2015 11:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes. We should have a holiday theme background.

What type of holiday? Surfing, diving, beach going, mountaineering.....

Yes.
In a plaid.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post