Lets delve into the absurd :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2011, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 07:24 PM by Jackrabbit.)
Lets delve into the absurd :)
lets suspend the reality for a tiny moment just for the purpose of this thread

*this is a mental excersize to try and plot out a fictional scenario of dieties for a little project im doing, feedback would be appreciated.

So my theory is that In the true begining even before Yahweh, there was Super God (Praise his superness!) and he created the universe and all its natural laws, and also created gods on a seperate plane of exsistance where they can indirectly influence our own dimension without detection.
and basically the god with more god points (number of people believing in him until death = GP) would get to go to superheaven, whearas gods that have no remaining support die and go to super hell (Zeus, Anubis, etc.) after a final toll of the number of each god's total GP in the Super judgement day.

So the best way to kill another god and insure going to super heaven(limited space) was to either convert his supporters or kill them to prevent them from converting yours.
Offerings, sacrifices, dieing for god and uniforms/special hats also increase God points recieved from followers.
Also there is always the new possibility for new gods to be "born" or enter this system, and we see this much today with the flying spaghetti monster and the orbital teapot (all praise their holy culinary-ness) and all of the dieties dont necesarily care about us as much as they care about themselves and going to super heaven, so they'll pretty much tell us anything to make us believe them and screw us over, or promise us rewards for our loyalty (fertility, health, security, answering prayers etc.).
The gods can only communicate with humans through revelation, and they have either of two options, choose 1 mortal and communicate solely with him, or use a fuzzy less reliable line with priests (priests of Athena, etc.).
Gods, wanting to insure their survival might want to form groups and divide responsibilities/aspects, the greek gods, the norse gods, etc.
One of the tricks a god might employ is the impersonation of a previous god and/or claiming to be the new revelations,
Greek gods -> Roman gods
Judaism->Christianity->Islam
and a god/godgroup can only appear in one geographical location to start with.

Any feedback/ideas?

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2011, 07:44 PM
RE: Lets delve into the absurd :)
Sounds fun, but let's move this to the right section, k?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
21-12-2011, 07:59 PM
(21-12-2011 07:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Sounds fun, but let's move this to the right section, k?

yeah kay, i was wondering about that, thanks for clearing this up
& thank super god i didnt get banned Tongue

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
21-12-2011, 08:08 PM
LOL, gotta do a lot more than that to get the ban hammer round these parts!

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-12-2011, 08:18 PM
(21-12-2011 08:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LOL, gotta do a lot more than that to get the ban hammer round these parts!

Yeah, no kidding. If I'm not banned by now, you're safe.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
21-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh your time is coming KC. I may not be the admin anymore, but my word still has some sway. You sir, are evil incarnate.

[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-12-2011, 08:24 PM
(21-12-2011 08:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh your time is coming KC. I may not be the admin anymore, but my word still has some sway. You sir, are evil incarnate.

[Image: help-help-im-being-repressed.jpg]

21-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Derailing threads with random gibberish?!

I don't expect any better from a Christian but a former admin should know better *disapproving tut at Stark* Big Grin.

Back to the topic, it sounds like you're on to an interesting idea there Jackrabbit. Maybe you could turn it into a short short story or some form of written piece. I would try and contribute but I think to do it justice requires a level of historical religious knowledge that I just don't have.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
21-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I am the master derailer.

21-12-2011, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 09:45 PM by houseofcantor.)
(21-12-2011 08:31 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Derailing threads with random gibberish?!

I don't expect any better from a Christian but a former admin should know better *disapproving tut at Stark* Big Grin.

Ok Hughsie, pop quiz!

How do you derail a thread entitled "Let's get absurd?" I scoff in your general direction at your attempts at rationale. Wink
And you! Anubis is still around. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post