Lets delve into the absurd :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2011, 12:50 AM
RE: Lets delve into the absurd :)
Interesting idea. The brain is too foggy right now to jump into the fray, but the thoughts expressed in the OP remind me a bit of Robert Heinlein's "Job: A Comedy of Justice." I read it too many years ago to remember much detail except the idea that YHWH was basically a "lesser" god in the Pantheon of Gods and all the other deities basically found him to be an arrogant prick.
Hm...better go back and read that as an atheist. I bet I'll like it more the next time! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 04:15 AM
I just would like to know how new Gods are being born, please. Is it a process of thought of other people on earth? Like they wish for a specific god and pop there it is, and as long as someone believes in that one it does exist? Or is it actual godly intercourse? Or does the SuperGod pop some new ones into existence every once in a while?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2011, 07:29 AM
(22-12-2011 04:15 AM)Leela Wrote:  I just would like to know how new Gods are being born, please. Is it a process of thought of other people on earth? Like they wish for a specific god and pop there it is, and as long as someone believes in that one it does exist? Or is it actual godly intercourse? Or does the SuperGod pop some new ones into existence every once in a while?

Yeah just like in that movie, Merlin by Sam Neil, where gods (Queen Mab) are popped into exsistence by humans who believe in them and cease to exsist when belief ceases.
and in the end
*spoiler alert*
they defeat Queen Mab by ceasing to believe in her.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
22-12-2011, 09:07 AM
(21-12-2011 08:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am the master derailer.

Actually I think that you will find there are two members of this forum worthy of the title of 'master derailer' and your derailing powers pale in comparision to both of them. They are me and FSM_scot Big Grin.

I still criticise other people for derailing threads though because I'm a massive hypocrite Big Grin.

Quote:Ok Hughsie, pop quiz!

How do you derail a thread entitled "Let's get absurd?" I scoff in your general direction at your attempts at rationale.

Damn you and your clever semantics HoC!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.