Lets have fun!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 02:51 PM by omega21.)
Lets have fun!
Okay on my facebook someone posted, "The question of vocation is settled at baptism because even more important than what we do, is who we are...a Christian."

I have replied to that guy on facebook multiple times to other christian comments and I was going to do it again untill I thought. Why not let my atheist community do that? You all reply to this this post on what I should reply to that facebook user, and the best one gets their's posted and a positive on their reputation. I would buy you lunch, if I knew you, or something else actually worth while but this is the best reward I could give. You have untill 8 15. I know this is short notice but surely a few people will give me some answers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 02:54 PM
RE: Lets have fun!
So you're saying that you'll rather be a christian homeless, than an atheist with an actual job? Good luck with that, but remember : you cannot feed God to your children.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow, a pyramid scheme that you pay into over time rather than all up front.
01-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Does that mean that since I left the church I qualify for unemployment benefits?
01-02-2011, 03:34 PM

You're right, being a Christian has proven to be very profitable for many, like Tammy Faye Bakker. Lots of blind followers with open wallets, what's not to like? Not for me though, I'd rather earn my money honestly. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
One's beliefs do not make one qualified for a profession.Knowledge and expertise make one ready for employment.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
01-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I prefer to let what I do be a part of who I am. To completely separate who you are and what you do takes mindlessness. Only religion can justify laziness with being a believer.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
(oh, I have an idea of how to continue the game. After you choose the response you are going to use, let us know, then everyone has to guess how your christian friend will reply to it)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM

That would make your job - something you do one third of every day, half of your waking hours, five of every seven days - a meaningless chore you perform only in order to survive between church visits. Excuse me a moment, I need to save your quote so that i can look back at it and laugh the next time a christian tries to tell me my life is bleak and empty without god.

If my life, with full enjoyment of my chosen profession in research, is bleak then a life where i spent all that time grinding away at a menial task with only necessity and no desire to motivate me is pitch black and lost in the long dark teatime of the soul.
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 08:51 PM by omega21.)
All of these were great, so I will give everyone a positive on their reputation. Since I had the tough task of picking a winner I am going with Dbutz. Again they were all funny and better then anything I could have came up with. I will let you all know of the responses I get on facebook.

P.S. since I can only give five ratings a day I will give them to the last five posters today, then the SelfishGene and cfhmagnet will get their's tommorow.