Lets take another serious talk about life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2011, 05:01 AM
RE: Lets take another serious talk about life
TheObserver -
Different ways to solve problems, sometimes devise a solution, sometimes it just means listening.

NoJ. -
Being afraid of freedom is a strange thought, but it makes sense. I've spend my life so far in a shell of restrictions and doubts, having some room to breath is a bit of a foreign concept to me.

SecularStudent -
I wish it was so easy for me to find motivation Tongue I guess I just have a bit of a problem with myself when I plan to do something but don't have any real rationalization behind it besides "cus I can"

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 01:41 AM
(31-03-2011 05:01 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  NoJ. -
Being afraid of freedom is a strange thought, but it makes sense. I've spend my life so far in a shell of restrictions and doubts, having some room to breath is a bit of a foreign concept to me.

Breaking out may be scary now, but once you are out (allowing some time for adjustment) it feels like getting out of jail.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
02-04-2011, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 11:03 AM by TrainWreck.)
(28-03-2011 07:57 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  There is no purpose for life except for that which life invents for itself.
The Existentialist did quite a number on atheists - didn't they?

We are not going to get anywhere if we continue to perpetuate this easy to learn motto.

The over riding motis operendi has to be something along the lines of recognizing that people are motivated by the will to benefit the better evolution of Mankind.

If you give me the reasoning that some people are motivated by their own self interest - then you have not over-ridden the fact that doing good still over-rides their selfishness.

(28-03-2011 03:51 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Going through my thoughts and resolving my issues is like tearing down a wall. Wall after wall, after wall, after wall, etc etc etc etc etc. and I'm afraid that when the last one falls, there won't be anything left.
No - you will never run out of problems, because you envision an acceptable, if not a perfect, environment for yourself and the margin of human error that you encounter will continue to counter your goal. So if you were to do like the Existentialist, you would stop fighting it and go with the flow.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
02-04-2011, 02:59 PM
whats existentialism and atheism have to do with this?

I'm making my own path, or at least trying.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"