Lets talk Diablo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Lets talk Diablo.
So a bunch of us play Diablo so lets compare builds etc..

Before you do though, you're all wrong. Witch Doctor is clearly the best class in the game. It's the most fun, has the best survivability and does insane damage both AoE and single target. And fetish psychopath is by far the best passive in the game.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Lets talk Diablo.
I love the Diablo games. My favorite character class was the necromancer in Diablo II. Super fun to create an army of skeleton minions.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
14-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Quickly scanning the newest posts, I thought it said "Lets talk Dildos" That's a different kind of game.Big Grin

Ok, carry on.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-07-2017, 03:00 AM
Most often I play as Witch Doctor so here is the build, or part of it at least:

210 paragon level, focused on Haunt with Resentful Spirits rune and Soul Harvest with Swallow Your Soul rune. Also use Acid Cloud, Summon Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan plus Corpse Spiders. For passives I chosen Zombie Handler, Pierce The Veil, Fierce Loyalty and Midnight Feast. Going for full Jade Harvester set.

Probably it is far from being best build but it works and it's fun to play.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
15-07-2017, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 04:27 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I've been splitting time between the PC, where I'm almost Paragon 300, and the recent copy for the PS4 that my flatmate and I have been playing couch co-op style.

With the PS4 version, haven't gotten past 30 yet, mainly so as to not outpace my flatmate. Just been experimenting with the different classes, to see how each has been adapted to using a controller. For example, the Barbarian's Leap ability I find to be almost useless without the precision of pointing right to my landing spot with a mouse. However the auto-aim with the Wizard's Disintegrate or the Necromancer's Corpse Lance works well enough.

Since the Necromancer just came out, everyone and their dog will be using it at the start of the season, so my first seasonal character is going to be a Monk, so I can get the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set from Haedrig's Gifts through completing the Season Journey. It's all about boosting the damage of your generator attacks. The set bonuses are as such...

2 Pieces - Your Spirit Generators have 25% increased attack speed and 100% increased damage.
4 Pieces - Dashing Strike spends 75 Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does.
6 Pieces - Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 12500% for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 1250% for 6 seconds.

You are Bruce Lee on PCP.

Right, so dash into the fight with Dashing Strike, hit some trash with Exploding Palm for bonus AOE, then punch everything to death with Crippling Wave. Cyclone Strike will be there to draw things towards you, and Epiphany will be your 'oh shit' button. Mantra will be whatever I need help with at the moment, whether it be damage or survivability. Passives will probably be Seize the Initiative and Alacrity to double down on the attack speed bonuses, Harmony to boost that all important Resist All, and Momentum to further capitalize on the build's movement.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-07-2017, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 04:02 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Also, in case any of you were curious about the game's use of 'yards' in all of it's distance descriptions (such as the Wizard's passive Power Hungry giving a 30% damage boost against targets over 30 yards away)?

In all actuality, each 'yard' is really less than a foot. Each 10 yard increment looks to be about 2 meters (Assuming the Demon Hunter is around 6ft tall).

[Image: D3_Distance_Map.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-07-2017, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 10:11 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-07-2017 08:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And fetish psychopath is by far the best passive in the game.

Best passive? Too bad it doesn't exist...

Oh, did you mean Fetish Sycophants?

Also, still not quite as good as Monk's Harmony.

40% of your single elemental resistances from items instead increases your resistance to all elements.

It also lacks the cool factor of the Crusader's Heavenly Strength.

You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand.
Your damage dealt is reduced by 20%.

17-07-2017, 12:08 AM
You guys just made me fire up my blizzard account after 2 or 3 years Laugh out load
I am actually paragon 370. Wont bother to post my specs, since i bet they are outdated.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
17-07-2017, 01:48 AM
(16-07-2017 10:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And fetish psychopath is by far the best passive in the game.

Best passive? Too bad it doesn't exist...

Oh, did you mean Fetish Sycophants?

Also, still not quite as good as Monk's Harmony.

40% of your single elemental resistances from items instead increases your resistance to all elements.

It also lacks the cool factor of the Crusader's Heavenly Strength.

You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand.
Your damage dealt is reduced by 20%.

Crusader passive is cool but character isn't so hot. Or maybe I have sub par build and equipment. Certainly a possibility.

I like playing murderous religious fanatics however and mentioned passive fits well with character.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-07-2017, 04:23 AM
(17-07-2017 01:48 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Crusader passive is cool but character isn't so hot. Or maybe I have sub par build and equipment. Certainly a possibility.

Fun Fact: The voice actor for the male Crusader, Gideon Emery, has also voiced Master Ives in Destiny, Gideon in CoD: Advanced Warfare, Steve Fox in Tekken 7, Fergus Reid in Wolfenstein: The New Order, and (my personal favorite) Fenris in Dragon Age II.

[Image: Fenris-gif-Dragon-Age-2-fenris-38904302-450-448.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post