Lets talk Diablo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Lets talk Diablo.
Okay, so I went back to my very first seasonal character (and the only one with an already in place complete set), the Crusader. This is that one that, after a bit of skill rejiggering, was able to push to Torment VIII.

[Image: AL8pDlw.jpg]

The point is to spend as much up time with Akarat's Champion active, as it boosts everything else. In particular the Wrath regeneration allows for near unlimited Blessed Shield spamming, itself helped by the 420% damage boost from the bracers. The massive synergy bonuses allow for the Phalanx summon to be up at all times, and help provide cover between Champion up-time when I'm decidedly much squishier. The belt however adds a powerful stun to Falling Sword, allowing me to both jump out of danger and area stun to give myself distance when needed. The Kanai Cube enchantments give Akarat's Champion the benefit of every rune, further reduce cool down, increase damage, and increase up time of Phalanx.

Right now I'm using this to farm Great Rift runs just to level up some legendary gems to the Lv25 needed to unlock their large passive bonuses.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-07-2017, 03:25 PM
(14-07-2017 03:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Quickly scanning the newest posts, I thought it said "Lets talk Dildos" That's a different kind of game.Big Grin

Ok, carry on.

I mean... we can do that thread, too, right?

I haven't played Diablo since Diablo II back in the day. Dildos on the other hand I uuuhhh... have said too much already.
19-07-2017, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 03:30 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-07-2017 02:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Okay, so I went back to my very first seasonal character (and the only one with an already in place complete set), the Crusader. This is that one that, after a bit of skill rejiggering, was able to push to Torment VIII.

[Image: AL8pDlw.jpg]

The point is to spend as much up time with Akarat's Champion active, as it boosts everything else. In particular the Wrath regeneration allows for near unlimited Blessed Shield spamming, itself helped by the 420% damage boost from the bracers. The massive synergy bonuses allow for the Phalanx summon to be up at all times, and help provide cover between Champion up-time when I'm decidedly much squishier. The belt however adds a powerful stun to Falling Sword, allowing me to both jump out of danger and area stun to give myself distance when needed. The Kanai Cube enchantments give Akarat's Champion the benefit of every rune, further reduce cool down, increase damage, and increase up time of Phalanx.

Right now I'm using this to farm Great Rift runs just to level up some legendary gems to the Lv25 needed to unlock their large passive bonuses.

Well fuck, managed to make it even better. Swapped out the Kanai cube weapon power (sacrificing additional runes on Akarat's Champion) out for for In-Geom, which reduces the cooldown on skills by 10 seconds for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack. This help to drastically cut down on Akarat's Champion downtime, often allowing me to go one casting right into another. Also found the perfect belt, Blessed of Haul, that causes the primary attack Justice to spawn a Blessed Hammer on hit. This solves the problem of being in melee when I'm between Champions and really squishy, and gets me a ton of free and ranged AOE spam with my resource generating primary. Now most builds recommend outright ditching the basic primaries, but between that belt and the Bastions of Will ring set (+50% damage when using a resource generator, additional +50% for using a resource spender, for 5 seconds), I now at least do respectable damage while staying out of harms way when I'm not a walking demigod. But that cost me the buff to Falling Sword, so I swapped it out for Steed Charge to up my mobility. I also swapped out the Towering Shield passive for the 20% bonus to Blessed Shield, in exchange for Blunt which gives a +20% to both Justice and Blessed Hammer, making all that free AOE spam hit even harder. This new setup cut my Nephalim run times in half.

19-07-2017, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2017 01:47 AM by EvolutionKills.)
You know what? Fuck Akarat's Champion.

The problem with a set tied to a single buff is the downtime between them. Maybe if you can get the cooldown to the point to where keeping Akarat's Champion up continuously is doable, but I currently don't have the gear for it.

The flipside however, is that I managed to get most or all of the pieces for the Crusader's other sets. I wanted a simple build that didn't eschew the primary attacks, and thought that one based on blocking might be fun. Low and behold, that's what the Thorns of the Invoker set is all about.

So my current skill allocation is as such.

Primary - Punish [Celerity Rune]
  • Generate: 5 Wrath per attack
  • Strike your enemy for 335% weapon damage and gain Hardened Senses, increasing your Block Chance by 15% for 5 seconds.
  • When you block with Hardened Senses active, you gain 15% increased Attack Speed for 3 seconds.

Secondary - Steed Charge [Endurance Rune]
  • Cooldown: 16 seconds
  • Mount a celestial war horse that allows you to ride through enemies unhindered for 2 seconds.
  • Increase the duration to 3 seconds.

Slot 1 - Law of Hope [Wings of Angels Rune]
  • Cooldown: 30 seconds
  • Active: Empower the Law, surrounding you and your allies in a shield for 5 seconds that absorbs up to 124128 damage.
  • Passive: Recite the Law, healing you and your allies for 10728 Life per second.
  • Active: Empowering the Law also increases movement speed for you and your allies by 50%, and allows everyone affected to run through enemies unimpeded.

Slot 2 - Iron Skin [Reflective Rune]
  • Cooldown: 30 seconds
  • Your skin turns to iron, absorbing 50% of all incoming damage for 4 seconds.
  • While active, your Thorns is increased by 300%.

Slot 4 - Bombardment [Barrel of Spikes Rune]
  • Cooldown: 60 seconds
  • Call in an assault from afar, raining 5 spheres of burning pitch and stone onto enemies around you, dealing 2850% total weapon damage to enemies within 12 yards of the impact zone.
  • In place of the burning spheres, barrels of spikes are hurled. Damage of each barrel is increased by 200% of your Thorns.

Passive 1 - Fervor
  • While wielding a one-handed weapon, your attack speed is increased by 15% and all cooldowns are reduced by 15%.

Passive 2 - Iron Maiden
  • Your Thorns is increased by 50%.

Passive 3 - Hold Your Ground
  • You can no longer Dodge, but your Block Chance is increased by 30%.

Passive 4 - Finery
  • Gain 1.5% Strength for every gem socketed into your gear.

All well and good, but here is the armor set this build is primarily built to exploit.

Thorns of the Invoker
  • 2 Set - Your Thorns damage now hits all enemies in a 15 yard radius around you. Each time you hit an enemy with Punish, Slash, or block an attack your Thorns is increased by 35% for 2 seconds.
  • 4 Set - You take 50% less damage for 20 seconds after damaging an enemy with Bombardment.
  • 6 Set - The attack speed of Punish and Slash are increased by 50% and deal 800% of your Thorns damage to the first enemy hit.

Now this armor is a 6 piece set, so short of a Ring of Grandeur, you have to wear all of it, taking up the helm, hands, wrist, shoulder, legs, and feet. Notice, this armor set has no chest piece.

Now I am currently using the Armor of the Reagent, a legendary with a pointless power. I'm just using it because it had 3 sockets, good stats, and one of the affixes is a 14% damage boost to Bombardment. What you want to use is either Heart of Iron, for it's [Gain Thorns equal to 250–300% of your Vitality], but I have that currently covered with Kanai's Cube. The other perfect armor option is Aquila Curiass for its [While above 90–95% primary resource, all damage taken is reduced by 50%]. Why? Because my primary damage dealing attack is a Wrath generating Primary attack, and all of my other abilities have cooldown timers, none of them take Wrath to activate, which should leave me at 100% Wrath all the time. I do happen to have one of those, but it was found by my Mage, so it's set to boost all the wrong stats. I'm going to keep playing until I get the next of decent 3 socket version either of them, then use Kanai's Cube for the other.

As for the rest of my load out?

I have the Endless Walk set, of the Traveler's Pledge amulet and The Compass Rose ring.

Endless Walk
  • 2 Set - While moving, damage taken is reduced by up to 50%.
    While standing still, damage dealt is increased by up to 100%.

This is not a binary effect. You actually see both active effect icon, and they both have scaling values. So as you start moving, you will gradually lose the damage bonus in favor of an ever increasing damage reduction, and the reverse is true whenever you stop moving.

Another key piece of gear is the best possible belt for the set, the Belt of the Trove, of which it's legendary affix grants [Every 6–8 seconds, call down Bombardment on a random nearby enemy]. Sweet holy hell, that's my uber crowd control ability that normally has a minute long cooldown, raining down automatically once every 6 seconds (I rolled lucky too).

My final empty ring slot was a toss up of whatever was the best legendary with a socket, and it just happened to be a Convention of Elements, which grants [Gain 150–200% increased damage to a single element for 4 seconds. This effect rotates through the elements available to your class in the following order: Arcane, Cold, Fire, Holy, Lightning, Physical, Poison]. Since all my attacks are physical, roughly 8 seconds out of every minute, I'm doing 197% extra damage on top of everything else.

I also just happened to have arguably the best Legendary weapon (although not an Ancient), in the Hack, whose legendary affix grants [75–100% of your Thorns damage is applied on every attack]. Now here I didn't get that lucky, as the first affix is a damage range that was really sub-par, and I only got a 76% on the legendary itself, but had to re-roll another affix just to get a socket on the thing. So this is on my to-do list, is to figure out the best means of attack for farming an Ancient version of this weapon. Because right now I'm devastating, and I have quite possibly one of the worst versions of this weapon available; so I can only go up from here.

But the real wild card is my shield, which for right now is a Frydehr's Wrath, whose legendary affix grants [Condemn has no cooldown but instead costs 40 Wrath]. Now that is a pretty big chunk of my 100 total Wrath, but that also turns Condemn into my only Wrath spender; and given the Punish heavy nature of the build, resource management is nonexistent with this build. However the kicker here is all of the other affixes I lucked out with on my shield, including [Increase Condemn damage by 158%] and [gain 1097 Life per Wrath spent], turning that 40 Wrath cost of Condemn into a bonus 43,880 point heal, usable roughly ever couple of seconds (Condemn still need to charge up and explode between uses, limiting spamming). So this make me a little less keen on the Aquila Curiass' need for 95% Wrath for it's bonus to kick in, unless I can also find another shield to take it's place.

Also, my current Block chance is 42%, for 18.2~22.7K damage. That's before the Hardened Sense effect of my primary Punish attack adds another 15% on top of that.

I do have sockets in all of my jewelry, primed for Legendary Gems. The tree I'm planning on leveling up to at least Lv25 are...

Boyarsky's Chip
  • Adds 16000 Thorns.
  • Taunt the first enemy hit by your Primary skills for 2 seconds. (Requires Rank 25)

Bane of the Trapped
  • Increase damage against enemies under the effects of control-impairing effects by 15.00%.
  • Gain an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies within 15 yards by 30%. (Requires Rank 25)

Bane of the Stricken
  • Each attack you make against an enemy increases the damage it takes from your attacks by 0.80%.
  • Gain 25% increased damage against bosses and Rift Guardians. (Requires Rank 25)

Boyarsky's Chip increases Thorns damage, so that's an easy pick to increase damage output. Bane of the Trapped, once it reaches Lv25, can self activate as it generates its own slow aura that triggers the damage boost. Plus it's 15 yard range is identical to radius of the radial Thorns damage from the Invoker set itself. Lastly, the Bane of the Stricken is a must have to chip away at the larger and larger health pools as you climb up the Greater Rift ladder.

So, I am quite happy that I hoarded all of my shit, and just happened to have on hand, most all of the core pieces to making a really effective complete set.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Season 11 is up and running.

20-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Was gonna go monk (because it's the only character on PC I haven't gotten close to a high level) but decided to do a second WD instead. For the lvl 2 WD's achievement and so any class related rewards I get I can use on my main WD character.

What's the best way to do this whole season thing? I started running neph's, figured I'd level up that way and do the story later.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-07-2017, 04:42 AM
(20-07-2017 08:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What's the best way to do this whole season thing? I started running neph's, figured I'd level up that way and do the story later.

1 - Run Nephalim rifts. Higher legendary drop rates, but no Massacre XP bonus.

2 - Run Bounties. Can still get Massacre XP bonuses, plus early blacksmith plans to make low level sets (like Cain's, which nets a 50% XP bonus), and you end up with extra crafting materials.

3 - Farm Massacre XP bonus. Just run areas with really densely packed enemies, such as the Halls of Agony 3, and make use of DOT skills (like Barbarian's Rend). Run the same three or so areas over and over and over again. Best done solo or as a pair, other options are more pub friendly.

I'm already at 70, have completed the first three seasonal chapters, and acquired 4 of the 6 set pieces for my Monk. But the final chapter has you defeating the adventure mode Key Guardians and a few of the bosses on Torment IV, and I'm having trouble keeping up to speed in Torment II at the moment. Going to just farm Torment I (so that set pieces are in the loot drop tables) Nephalim rifts and greater rifts, working on getting the complete set of Legendary Gems, and hopefully a new weapon or two. I imagine I'll be able to reliably jump up to fast TII farming if I just had a decent weapon.

22-07-2017, 06:41 AM
I'm thinking about running a barb this season (after crusader, DH, wizard and monk). Those last bosses before you get the full 6-piece set were hell in S10 too - Belial on T4 with a half-ready build... what were they thinking?! The keywardens were a cakewalk compared to that. Maghda seems much more managable on T4.

The end of the world only hurts those who have something to lose.
22-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Already got my set for the season.

[Image: wqAQ5ma.jpg]

[Image: vSbhj6P.jpg]

23-07-2017, 08:10 PM