Lets talk about size...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: Lets talk about size...
(09-11-2015 06:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I so thought this was about something else.

Shocker! If men had a PMS they'll be talking about the size of their tampons Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
09-11-2015, 11:03 PM
(09-11-2015 10:03 PM)izel Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 06:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I so thought this was about something else.

Shocker! If men had a PMS they'll be talking about the size of their tampons Laugh out load

Nonono. We'd be bragging about who could endure worse cramps, and saying that women couldn't serve in the military because they didn't know how to bleed for their country.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
10-11-2015, 01:36 AM
I'm still not sure if this is about dicks or not.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
10-11-2015, 05:25 AM
(03-11-2015 12:07 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  My shoe size is 47 EU, 12 ish USA,12 ish UK
47?

You integrated very well into the human society Mr. Bigfoot.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
10-11-2015, 11:02 AM
(03-11-2015 10:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I post this link anytime size comes into question. (you have to suffer the 15 second ad to see it but well worth it).

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Cool, the link no longer makes you watch a commercial.

You know what I find fascinating? That once you go out to the observable universe you are left with everything outside that distance and we will probably never know what lies, say, 1 million “observable universe distances” from the point.

[Image: mind-blown.jpg?w=239&h=300]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-11-2015, 11:15 PM
(10-11-2015 11:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... we will probably never know what lies, say, 1 million “observable universe distances” from the point ...

If the universe is a finite space-time entity, the notion of what lies "beyond" it is meaningless, just as the concept of what "preceded" the big-bang is meaningless. To regard the universe as "contained" in something beyond itself only passes the buck into infinite regress. Within the dimensions of our experience, the universe we see appears to be truly "all there is". I get a shudder whenever that concept hits home (and the funny thing is, it's a concept that never sticks, I have to re-imagine it each time).

Even if there was some "beyond", I agree we'll never know anything about it, but for a different reason than sensory inaccessibility into unknown dimensions. We are constrained by something else: a brain so small it can be held in one hand. Just as it would be impossible to teach a dog to understand all the dimensions of Shakespeare, the physical limits of our own brains likely lock out concepts it would take either size or different "wiring" to comprehend. There may even be phenomena already seen within our universe whose full explanation is forever beyond the capacity of our mere three pound lump of neural tissue to reckon.

THAT notion also gives me a shudder, only I don't have to re-imagine it, I get it. I get that some things I'll never get - and will never know what they might be. But I won't miss them, either.
11-11-2015, 10:19 AM
(10-11-2015 11:15 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 11:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... we will probably never know what lies, say, 1 million “observable universe distances” from the point ...

If the universe is a finite space-time entity, the notion of what lies “beyond” it is meaningless,

Big “if”.

(10-11-2015 11:15 PM)‘Airportkid Wrote:  To regard the universe as “contained” in something beyond itself only passes the buck into infinite regress.

Notice I didn’t say anything about containment.

(10-11-2015 11:15 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Even if there was some “beyond”, I agree we'll never know anything about it, but for a different reason than sensory inaccessibility into unknown dimensions.

Today our observable universe is 14.3 +/- billions of light years across. In a billion years, if we were here to observe, it would be 15.3 +/- billions of light years across. So you could say that our observable universe is expanding as time progresses.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-11-2015, 11:56 AM
I should have been more clear that I wasn't rebutting your point, FC, only putting in an oar of my own perspective. It is not at all certain that we're able to "see" out to the full extent of the universe and 1 million visible universe diameters beyond what we can see could be an infinitesimal fraction of its full extent. How we would ever be able to "see" into that kind of space would require not being bound by the speed of light (which does not necessarily entail FTL transit; the equivalent of "worm-holes" might suffice). And to my point, such technology may be beyond the limits of what a 3 pound neural network powered by oxygen can conceive.
11-11-2015, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 12:12 PM by Full Circle.)
(11-11-2015 11:56 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  I should have been more clear that I wasn't rebutting your point, FC, only putting in an oar of my own perspective. It is not at all certain that we're able to "see" out to the full extent of the universe and 1 million visible universe diameters beyond what we can see could be an infinitesimal fraction of its full extent. How we would ever be able to "see" into that kind of space would require not being bound by the speed of light (which does not necessarily entail FTL transit; the equivalent of "worm-holes" might suffice). And to my point, such technology may be beyond the limits of what a 3 pound neural network powered by oxygen can conceive.

I get you AK. What I'm saying is not that mankind will ever know, simply that the possibilities of what actually exists can't currently, or ever, be understood.

Ps as my wife likes to say, "we're in violent agreement". Smile

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2015, 12:19 PM
(11-11-2015 12:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... we're in violent agreement ...

Laugh out load