Lets try that again......when we go to Mars, lets get it right this time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Lets try that again......when we go to Mars, lets get it right this time
(03-03-2014 01:16 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I think we need to have some sort of 'Don't be a dick" test at the door....Dodgy...with a bouncer or something..... Consider maybe a quiz? is pot bad or is it ok in moderation? how many times do you post 'cunt' in a thread? you know.....just a little test to weed out the buzz killers.

buzz killers in

Can I be the bouncer ? please, please ? Evil_monster

How about sex, like during the 60s, on the Mars colony with a 2 to 1 ratio of female to male, respectively. Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-03-2014, 01:29 PM
(03-03-2014 01:23 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  What about those lovable assholes... like Muffs?

He gets kicked in the nads for sayin "cunt" to many times.... but if he gets up and apologizes, he can come too. Angel

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-03-2014, 01:33 PM
(03-03-2014 01:16 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I think we need to have some sort of 'Don't be a dick" test at the door....Dodgy...with a bouncer or something..... Consider maybe a quiz? is pot bad or is it ok in moderation? how many times do you post 'cunt' in a thread? you know.....just a little test to weed out the buzz killers.

buzz killers in

I would take it a few steps further. We would need a "plays well with others" test, but I would prefer if it also tested for things like intelligence, rational thinking, and gullibility. If we're gonna get Professor Farnsworth's dream of not living on this planet anymore, let's keep the reasons for wanting to leave here.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-03-2014, 01:37 PM
(03-03-2014 01:33 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I would take it a few steps further. We would need a "plays well with others" test, but I would prefer if it also tested for things like intelligence, rational thinking, and gullibility. If we're gonna get Professor Farnsworth's dream of not living on this planet anymore, let's keep the reasons for wanting to leave here.

well, shit...now I may not make it if you put *that* kind of qualification on it..... Shocking

I play well with others....but that lack of rational thinking and being gullible....hell, that's what makes me fun Big Grin

maybe I can go on a "muse" ticket and be excused from math class or something.?? Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
(03-03-2014 01:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 12:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Ah, so like every country on Earth besides the USA, then.
Tongue

Don't forget Liberia and Myanmar Tongue

You mean the same Liberia that now uses metric in official publications (random example) despite its history as an American quasi-colony?

And the same Myanmar that is moving to the metric system?

Welcome to the glorious future of American exceptionalism!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-03-2014, 02:01 PM
(03-03-2014 01:53 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Welcome to the glorious future of American exceptionalism!

Although I should add the remark that we Canadians are irrevocably shackled by economic chains to our southern neighbours' mindless primitivism.

So you're not even just holding yourselves back.
Wink

... this is my signature!
03-03-2014, 02:06 PM
(03-03-2014 01:37 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 01:33 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I would take it a few steps further. We would need a "plays well with others" test, but I would prefer if it also tested for things like intelligence, rational thinking, and gullibility. If we're gonna get Professor Farnsworth's dream of not living on this planet anymore, let's keep the reasons for wanting to leave here.

well, shit...now I may not make it if you put *that* kind of qualification on it..... Shocking

I play well with others....but that lack of rational thinking and being gullible....hell, that's what makes me fun Big Grin

maybe I can go on a "muse" ticket and be excused from math class or something.?? Consider

Bah, the way I describe it sounds elitist and too exclusionary. My overarching object is to weed out people who say shit like "Ever seen a sunset? See, god exists." Or the people who, while using a computer on the internet, say that science is of teh debil. Or people who think murdering an entire population is A-OK because their skydaddy said so.

I agree with Ryan that completely eliminating religion would probably not be feasible, but as long as all the theists on our new home are like KC, we'd be able to get along just fine.

Oh, and of course you can come, Bows. I'll let you cheat off my math test if you help me with art and crap.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-03-2014, 02:28 PM
(03-03-2014 01:53 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 01:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Don't forget Liberia and Myanmar Tongue

You mean the same Liberia that now uses metric in official publications (random example) despite its history as an American quasi-colony?

And the same Myanmar that is moving to the metric system?

Welcome to the glorious future of American exceptionalism!

Well shit, got me there... but America uses the metric system in publications as well don't we? Thought that was just to not confuse the rest of the world?

Atir aissom atir imon
03-03-2014, 02:29 PM
(03-03-2014 02:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 01:53 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Welcome to the glorious future of American exceptionalism!

Although I should add the remark that we Canadians are irrevocably shackled by economic chains to our southern neighbours' mindless primitivism.

So you're not even just holding yourselves back.
Wink

'Murcia, going down fighting Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
03-03-2014, 02:30 PM
(03-03-2014 11:56 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  --religion--a given-- leave it at home.

anything to add?

A fatwa was issued recently saying that Muslims aren't allowed to go to Mars. So there's that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post