Letter from a Catholic Church to its members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Letter from a Catholic Church to its members
A friend who is a catholic, and attends Mass semi regularly go this email. This really pisses me off....

Dear Friends,

I am writing you about a serious need for your parish.

As you know this past weekend we experienced the wonder of winter weather, lots of snow! I hope and pray that you and your family members were safe and warm and were able to “enjoy” the snow fall.

As a pastor I am always concerned about your safety and generally recommend that if the roads are bad and there is danger of getting injured, stay home! This weekend many of you did stay home. You are better off home and safe for one weekend than in some kind of accident and missing Church for the next weeks or even months.

Unfortunately, when many people are absent from Church, the regular Sunday contributions are also missing. This was the case this weekend. I appeal to your great generosity: when you return to Church next weekend, please remember to bring your contribution from both weeks. If our average weekend contribution is about $5000, and this past weekends was only about $1800, then my expectation is to see about $8200 in this coming weekend’s collection.

Your generosity in making up the missing contribution will be your “free pass” to missing Mass this past weekend.

If you are interested in reading my homily from this weekend, go to the parish web site: sjctamaqua.org and click on the “Pastor’s page” tab. I also want to remind everyone that this Wednesday, December 18th I will be available throughout the course of the entire day (after the 9AM Mass until 7PM) for Confessions (please note that if you don’t find me in Church, please wait 10 or so minutes, I’ll be back – I’m getting a bite to eat, or something like that).

One final note: if you pay your monthly bills by mail please consider using our ON-LINE Giving program. To sign up go to

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like FaceOfBoe's post
16-12-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: Letter from a Catholic Church to its members
Yeah, we all know how short on money the Catholic church is. Rolleyes

Funny how they didn't see the snow storm as God's way of keeping them from contributing to greed that week. Angel

To further emphasize what we all know is the priority of most religions including Catholicism, check out this Catholic Bible online website. You can't even read the Bible without getting a pop-up asking for a donation! Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-12-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/vatica...laundering

just sayin...........

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
16-12-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 06:10 AM by Anjele.)
(16-12-2013 10:35 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  One final note: if you pay your monthly bills by mail please consider using our ON-LINE Giving program. To sign up go to[/i]

I would love to say I am surprised. Since I grew up in a Catholic town, I am not. A booklet is published and sent out every year that lists who gave what. Everyone can see if you are doing your part or not. Even the kids down to middle school age are listed,

The Catholic high school I attended STILL sends me pleas for money as well as a booklet of who donated what to the school. It is sorted by class year as well as another section sorted by dollar amount. I have been getting that damned booklet and pleas for money since I graduated in 1975...they are nothing if not persistent.

I tease my sister because included in these mailings is a list of 'missing' alumni. They desperately need the names of these people so they can be hit up for funds too. My sister is always on the list. I threatened to give them her address so she can share in the fun and games.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
16-12-2013, 12:07 PM
(16-12-2013 10:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 10:35 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  One final note: if you pay your monthly bills by mail please consider using our ON-LINE Giving program. To sign up go to[/i]

I would love to say I am surprised. Since I grew up in a Catholic town, I am not. A booklet is published and sent out every year that lists who gave what. Everyone can see if you are doing your part or not. Even the kids down to middle school age are listed,

I find it went like this.."Oh, a horrible winter storm. It's an excuse to send an email out to our parishioners on a subject AND we can mention their tithes".

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Whatever it takes to get that cash in the collection plate.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-12-2013, 01:02 PM
.... points for honesty?
16-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey it is winter so that does mean heating costs. Especially if its a really old Church. Just because the vatican has a lot of money doesn't mean every parish does.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
16-12-2013, 10:35 PM
(16-12-2013 10:35 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  A friend who is a catholic, and attends Mass semi regularly got this email. This really pisses me off....

It pisses you off that your friend goes to church semi-regularly?
That someone sent someone else an email?
That people are allowed to do stuff with their own money like make donations?
That your friend tells you stuff?

Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post
16-12-2013, 10:40 PM
"My expectation" what a douche. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post