Letter from a Catholic Church to its members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Letter from a Catholic Church to its members
(16-12-2013 10:35 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 10:35 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  A friend who is a catholic, and attends Mass semi regularly got this email. This really pisses me off....

It pisses you off that your friend goes to church semi-regularly?
That someone sent someone else an email?
That people are allowed to do stuff with their own money like make donations?
That your friend tells you stuff?

Consider

[Image: eb6.jpg?1307463786]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-12-2013, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 06:20 AM by DLJ.)
"monthly bills" ?!?!? WTAF?

Are they implying that church donations are monthly bills?

Can you ask for itemised billing?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Beware.....if you click this link....you might get pissed off.
17-12-2013, 04:15 AM
(17-12-2013 03:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Beware.....if you click this link....you might get pissed off.

[Image: BGt4ys0CEAAfuTX_large.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-12-2013, 06:16 AM
(17-12-2013 03:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Beware.....if you click this link....you might get pissed off.

Ughhhh click bait! I fell for it.
17-12-2013, 06:24 AM
(16-12-2013 10:35 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  A friend who is a catholic, and attends Mass semi regularly go this email. This really pisses me off....

Dear Friends,

I am writing you about a serious need for your parish.

As you know this past weekend we experienced the wonder of winter weather, lots of snow! I hope and pray that you and your family members were safe and warm and were able to “enjoy” the snow fall.

As a pastor I am always concerned about your safety and generally recommend that if the roads are bad and there is danger of getting injured, stay home! This weekend many of you did stay home. You are better off home and safe for one weekend than in some kind of accident and missing Church for the next weeks or even months.

Unfortunately, when many people are absent from Church, the regular Sunday contributions are also missing. This was the case this weekend. I appeal to your great generosity: when you return to Church next weekend, please remember to bring your contribution from both weeks. If our average weekend contribution is about $5000, and this past weekends was only about $1800, then my expectation is to see about $8200 in this coming weekend’s collection.

Your generosity in making up the missing contribution will be your “free pass” to missing Mass this past weekend.

If you are interested in reading my homily from this weekend, go to the parish web site: sjctamaqua.org and click on the “Pastor’s page” tab. I also want to remind everyone that this Wednesday, December 18th I will be available throughout the course of the entire day (after the 9AM Mass until 7PM) for Confessions (please note that if you don’t find me in Church, please wait 10 or so minutes, I’ll be back – I’m getting a bite to eat, or something like that).

One final note: if you pay your monthly bills by mail please consider using our ON-LINE Giving program. To sign up go to

What is the problem with this? Look, it strikes me odd that people think that shit in life is free.

Religion, no matter how altruistic is claims to be, it is a business and provides a service. The service is a saving of your soul. Priceless if you ask me.

So - you were provided a service for one hour - you should pay for that service. There are some people who don't think twice about dropping $80 for a relaxing massage. If you ask me, even though a massage is more expensive per week, at least that service doesn't give you eternal damnation if you get a happy ending.

Providing goods and services isn't free. The wine costs money since Jesus isn't making that shit outta water anymore. Maybe he is on back order, I dunno. Bread costs money. Heat, electricity, everything costs money.

So even if you disagree with the services provided, why shouldn't they charge for it?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-12-2013, 06:28 AM
(17-12-2013 06:16 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  

Ughhhh click bait! I fell for it.

Chrome is your friend, simply mousing over it caused the URL to pop up in the lower corner of the screen. Could tell what it was without actually clicking on the link. Because, why would you actually click on it when Blowjob is in Obvious Troll-Mode?

17-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Arghh I know, but I just had to see what it was! Too curious! I'm on mobile so no mousing over option :/
17-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Your presence isn't needed just your moneyBig Grin
This "free pass" sounds a bit ominousTongue
I wonder how much overhead a church actually needs.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-12-2013, 10:54 AM
(17-12-2013 06:24 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 10:35 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  A friend who is a catholic, and attends Mass semi regularly go this email. This really pisses me off....

Dear Friends,

I am writing you about a serious need for your parish.

As you know this past weekend we experienced the wonder of winter weather, lots of snow! I hope and pray that you and your family members were safe and warm and were able to “enjoy” the snow fall.

As a pastor I am always concerned about your safety and generally recommend that if the roads are bad and there is danger of getting injured, stay home! This weekend many of you did stay home. You are better off home and safe for one weekend than in some kind of accident and missing Church for the next weeks or even months.

Unfortunately, when many people are absent from Church, the regular Sunday contributions are also missing. This was the case this weekend. I appeal to your great generosity: when you return to Church next weekend, please remember to bring your contribution from both weeks. If our average weekend contribution is about $5000, and this past weekends was only about $1800, then my expectation is to see about $8200 in this coming weekend’s collection.

Your generosity in making up the missing contribution will be your “free pass” to missing Mass this past weekend.

If you are interested in reading my homily from this weekend, go to the parish web site: sjctamaqua.org and click on the “Pastor’s page” tab. I also want to remind everyone that this Wednesday, December 18th I will be available throughout the course of the entire day (after the 9AM Mass until 7PM) for Confessions (please note that if you don’t find me in Church, please wait 10 or so minutes, I’ll be back – I’m getting a bite to eat, or something like that).

One final note: if you pay your monthly bills by mail please consider using our ON-LINE Giving program. To sign up go to

What is the problem with this? Look, it strikes me odd that people think that shit in life is free.

Religion, no matter how altruistic is claims to be, it is a business and provides a service. The service is a saving of your soul. Priceless if you ask me.

So - you were provided a service for one hour - you should pay for that service. There are some people who don't think twice about dropping $80 for a relaxing massage. If you ask me, even though a massage is more expensive per week, at least that service doesn't give you eternal damnation if you get a happy ending.

Providing goods and services isn't free. The wine costs money since Jesus isn't making that shit outta water anymore. Maybe he is on back order, I dunno. Bread costs money. Heat, electricity, everything costs money.

So even if you disagree with the services provided, why shouldn't they charge for it?

If you miss your weekly massage, you aren't expected to pay double the next time around.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post