Lettuce be reality. The Big Bang Theory is the best sitcom ever.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Lettuce be reality. The Big Bang Theory is the best sitcom ever.
(16-02-2012 05:05 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 04:55 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 04:52 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 08:41 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 07:42 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The undercurrent of atheist propaganda is a nice side bonus. Anything to get people thinking.

This is one of my favorite parts about the show. I also never get enough of hearing the word coitus.

Absolutely. I love Sheldon's mum, the devout christian and Leonards mum - both extremes.
"Coitus" - fantastic word Smile

[Image: 200px-Simon-Helberg.jpg]
So you're available for coitus?

LOL
I like it when Penny asked him not to use that word anymore and then he chose fornication (not as funny but still chuckle worthy)

But you didn't answer the question. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Ummmm...what question. Did I miss something?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
22-02-2012, 09:13 PM
the only thing funny about this show is the laughing track.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."-Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like electricnipples's post
27-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I came late to the show too, and now I love it, even in spite of the laugh track. We DVR the old episodes that are in syndication--I must've watched them all by now.

Each of the main characters is uniquely quirky and, in his or her own way, kind of lovable. And there's great synergy among them. I also love the science references and the fact they obviously have real scientists advising the scriptwriters.

But the show stands or falls on the Sheldon Cooper character. Jim Parsons is a great comic actor, with perfect timing and amazing physical as well as verbal chops. If he ever left TBBT, it would fizzle in a month.

BTW, did you guys know that Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy, actually has a Ph.D. in neuroscience? That must be a first in sitcom history.

One pet peeve: "Coitus" has THREE SYLLABLES: CO-i-tus, NOT "coy-tus"! Sheldon, who's a stickler for linguistic accuracy, should know that.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
27-02-2012, 01:31 PM
(27-02-2012 01:00 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I came late to the show too, and now I love it, even in spite of the laugh track. We DVR the old episodes that are in syndication--I must've watched them all by now.

Each of the main characters is uniquely quirky and, in his or her own way, kind of lovable. And there's great synergy among them. I also love the science references and the fact they obviously have real scientists advising the scriptwriters.

But the show stands or falls on the Sheldon Cooper character. Jim Parsons is a great comic actor, with perfect timing and amazing physical as well as verbal chops. If he ever left TBBT, it would fizzle in a month.

BTW, did you guys know that Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy, actually has a Ph.D. in neuroscience? That must be a first in sitcom history.

One pet peeve: "Coitus" has THREE SYLLABLES: CO-i-tus, NOT "coy-tus"! Sheldon, who's a stickler for linguistic accuracy, should know that.

I'd have to agree that Sheldon makes the show what it is.

And besides Mayim Bialik having a true Ph.D., she was also TV's Blossom back in the early 90s. Big Grin
[Image: blossom.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
27-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Mind = Sploded

I didn't not realize that Amy is Blossom.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
27-02-2012, 02:18 PM
(27-02-2012 02:14 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Mind = Sploded

She didn't age well. Not that she had all that much to work with to begin. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-02-2012, 02:32 PM
(27-02-2012 02:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-02-2012 02:14 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Mind = Sploded

She didn't age well. Not that she had all that much to work with to begin. Undecided

Agreed. I wonder what Six has been up to.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I have only been watching a couple months - watching all the reruns first now. I LOVE that show, but it was an aquired taste.

The first few times I didn't like it much, but now I think it's hilarious.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-02-2012, 09:16 PM
I love this show. The cast is fantastic and I like the fact that they have an actual science advisor. Wil Wheaton has been great as Shledon' nemesis. They've gotton Geroge Smoot, Brian Greene and Neil Tyson on in cameos. Physics can be funny and not just when I'm doing the equations Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post