Leviticus, Adultery, and Gay Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: Leviticus, Adultery, and Gay Marriage
(08-02-2016 05:41 PM)The Magic Wombat Wrote:  Either the Old Testament ALSO applies to them, and thus adultery (remarrying after divorce) is wrong for everyone, OR if the adultery rules don't apply, then the anti-homosexual rules also don't apply.

Jeebus does reiterate this though in Matthew 5 and 19, Mark 10, and Luke 16. They all say the same thing minus the death part.

What I find interesting is that when Paul talks about it, he does not mention this nor refers to what the gospels say Jesus said. It's almost as if he had never heard of the teachings of this Jesus fellow. Consider

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Here's the thing though.
Who gives a fuck what the bible says? I don't care if you're a flat world creationists who believes Hitler and Elvis are still alive and the moon landing was fake.
Your ridiculous opinions are meaningless and should not effect public policy in any way. Period. End of argument.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
08-02-2016, 06:07 PM
(08-02-2016 06:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Here's the thing though.
Who gives a fuck what the bible says? I don't care if you're a flat world creationists who believes Hitler and Elvis are still alive and the moon landing was fake.
Your ridiculous opinions are meaningless and should not effect public policy in any way. Period. End of argument.

And there's this ^^^^^^^^

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-02-2016, 10:18 PM
(08-02-2016 05:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 05:41 PM)The Magic Wombat Wrote:  Either the Old Testament ALSO applies to them, and thus adultery (remarrying after divorce) is wrong for everyone, OR if the adultery rules don't apply, then the anti-homosexual rules also don't apply.

Jeebus does reiterate this though in Matthew 5 and 19, Mark 10, and Luke 16. They all say the same thing minus the death part.

What I find interesting is that when Paul talks about it, he does not mention this nor refers to what the gospels say Jesus said. It's almost as if he had never heard of the teachings of this Jesus fellow. Consider

Bear in mind that Paul never met Jesus, and died before the first books of the New Testament are believed to have been written.

Also bear in mind that the authors of the books of the New Testament are not the People they are attributed to.
08-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Actually, even I would not go that far. I am not one who feels comfortable deciding if a person's reasons for deciding how they vote and petition are "legitimate reasons". I believe in Free Speech too much to silence or marginalize anyone.
08-02-2016, 10:32 PM
(08-02-2016 10:21 PM)The Magic Wombat Wrote:  

Actually, even I would not go that far. I am not one who feels comfortable deciding if a person's reasons for deciding how they vote and petition are "legitimate reasons". I believe in Free Speech too much to silence or marginalize anyone.

It's not about deciding what is or isn't "legitimate". It's about separation of Church and State. It's irrelevant what the bible says about gay marriage or gay sex or abortion or adultery or whatever because that is to do with the Church and nothing to do with the State. The State is only concerned about human rights and equality. It's why gay marriage was never a religious issue it was always an issue about a minority group not having equal rights under the law. The bible has absolutely nothing to do with anything it's completely irrelevant what it says about anything.

That concept is the reason why we have multi-material clothing and shrimp and don't stone people who commit adultery or force girls to marry their rapists etc.. etc..

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
08-02-2016, 10:34 PM
(08-02-2016 10:18 PM)The Magic Wombat Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 05:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Jeebus does reiterate this though in Matthew 5 and 19, Mark 10, and Luke 16. They all say the same thing minus the death part.

Bear in mind that Paul never met Jesus, and died before the first books of the New Testament are believed to have been written.

Also bear in mind that the authors of the books of the New Testament are not the People they are attributed to.

Also bear in mind that it's a bunch of fucking shit written in the bronze age by a bunch of goat shagging retards from the middle east.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-02-2016, 11:01 PM
(08-02-2016 05:41 PM)The Magic Wombat Wrote:  Actually, they can. In fact, the prohibition against eating shellfish was specifically voided in the New Testament.

Where ?

Quote:I disagree. They can argue your "cultural norms" are merely obfuscation in attempt to derail God's Eternal Laws. They then get to argue that your references are clearly disputed and disproved by the sheer weight of Biblical scholars.

They can not. I AM a Biblical scholar, and they have no references. I accept no BS from amateurs. I know FAR more about their BS than they do. They also can come up with no examples of OT rules that were unique, and not in the culture.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-02-2016, 11:44 PM
(08-02-2016 05:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

Yeah that is interesting isn't it. It's almost as if he's just making up his stuff, independently. In one place he says he got "his gospel' from the hands of the Jerusalem Apostles, and in another place he says he got it directly by his vision.
There are at least two "Pauls" ... with vastly different philosophies. Some say 3. Some say he was a fiction (too).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...aul--33750

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-02-2016, 12:03 AM

The thing is, in the US we have the likes of Ted Cruz and his many followers to deal with. Dismissing them in that way, is not very effective.