Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?
Got my major depressive disorder diagnosis. Shrink said screw the Paxil take this Lexapro instead. 4 days in and I sure as shit don't feel depressed but I feel like I just did an 8-ball mixed with meth and a pot of coffee. Holy pharmaceuticals Batman! Hope I get used to it soon. Never did like feeling wired.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-04-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?
(08-04-2014 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Got my major depressive disorder diagnosis. Shrink said screw the Paxil take this Lexapro instead. 4 days in and I sure as shit don't feel depressed but I feel like I just did an 8-ball mixed with meth and a pot of coffee. Holy pharmaceuticals Batman! Hope I get used to it soon. Never did like feeling wired.

I've been on lexapro for years. I love it. Thumbsup Can't say that I have ever gotten that feeling out of it. Mostly just stomach cramps if I don't eat.

I've been on more antidepressants than I can remember the names of. Lexapro is the one that lets me feel like me. It takes some trial and error to get the dosage just right, though.

Hang in there, and tell your doctor about the side effects. Smile

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
08-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah what INMIY said, definitely tell your doctor, they may adjust your dosage if that's possible. Glad they helped you kick that depression in the meantime though! Hug Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
08-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Lexapro is awesome!

It's what keeps me from jumping off a bridge.

I am on a low dose and have no side effects.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-04-2014, 06:33 PM
(08-04-2014 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lexapro is awesome!

Dude put me on 10 mg. You on 5? Not sure why it makes me so wired. Probably means I was in some serious need of some serotonin.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-04-2014, 06:35 PM
(08-04-2014 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lexapro is awesome!

Dude put me on 10 mg. You on 5? Not sure why it makes me so wired. Probably means I was in some serious need of some serotonin.

I take 10. I know that the first week or so was a little weird but after that, no issues.

I take it at night about 3 hours before bed. That works best for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Stick with it Girly, it can really help a lot.

Depression can make you feel tired and listless...I am sure you know that. Lexapro helps with that and at first the difference can seem real extreme but it's really not. Your body will even back out and you will feel better. If it's bothering your sleep, try moving the hour you take it around till you find what works best for you. Just move it an hour at a time though for a couple days. See if that helps.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
(08-04-2014 06:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude put me on 10 mg. You on 5? Not sure why it makes me so wired. Probably means I was in some serious need of some serotonin.

I take 10. I know that the first week or so was a little weird but after that, no issues.

I take it at night about 3 hours before bed. That works best for me.

That's interesting. ManlyGirl suggested the same thing. I said, "But it makes me wired!" She said "10 hours later!"

#sigh
08-04-2014, 07:19 PM
(08-04-2014 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Got my major depressive disorder diagnosis. Shrink said screw the Paxil take this Lexapro instead. 4 days in and I sure as shit don't feel depressed but I feel like I just did an 8-ball mixed with meth and a pot of coffee. Holy pharmaceuticals Batman! Hope I get used to it soon. Never did like feeling wired.

You should be the spokesperson for them, I want some now.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
08-04-2014, 07:23 PM
(08-04-2014 07:19 PM)sporehux Wrote:  

You should be the spokesperson for them, I want some now.

No kidding right? I've tried to avoid anti-depressants, went for just talk therapy when things got bad for me, and it worked, but if I get to a point where I couldn't fight it off, I'd ask for this stuff!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta