Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?
(08-04-2014 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 06:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I take 10. I know that the first week or so was a little weird but after that, no issues.

I take it at night about 3 hours before bed. That works best for me.

That's interesting. ManlyGirl suggested the same thing. I said, "But it makes me wired!" She said "10 hours later!"

I like Manly more all the time. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-04-2014, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 07:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-04-2014 07:19 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Got my major depressive disorder diagnosis. Shrink said screw the Paxil take this Lexapro instead. 4 days in and I sure as shit don't feel depressed but I feel like I just did an 8-ball mixed with meth and a pot of coffee. Holy pharmaceuticals Batman! Hope I get used to it soon. Never did like feeling wired.

You should be the spokesperson for them, I want some now.

Get outta here Dewey! You don't want no parta this shit!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-04-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't know that I'm clinically depressed but I feel disinterested in most things except sex, computer games, doco"s and sleep.avoiding social events where possible.
I feel like an observer from fringe.
If I don't snap out of this funk ill lose my lady and by 6 inch extension my #1 interested.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
08-04-2014, 07:41 PM
(08-04-2014 07:34 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I don't know that I'm clinically depressed but I feel disinterested in most things except sex, computer games, doco"s and sleep.avoiding social events where possible.
I feel like an observer from fringe.
If I don't snap out of this funk ill lose my lady and by 6 inch extension my #1 interested.

Pharmaceuticals.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Better living through chemistry...

...science, it works bitches! Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2014, 07:51 PM
I was raised christian with an anti medicine doctrine.
Can't believe that thinking is still a default mode in my brain that has to be conciously overruled. Never had an aspirin until I was 16 year's old, pretty sure I've never ever had antibiotics.

Thinking i'll visit a doctor for the first time in 5 years, seems more then enough evidence antidepresents do work, or at least have a tangible effect for better more then worse.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
09-04-2014, 06:01 AM
(08-04-2014 07:51 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I was raised christian with an anti medicine doctrine.
Can't believe that thinking is still a default mode in my brain that has to be conciously overruled. Never had an aspirin until I was 16 year's old, pretty sure I've never ever had antibiotics.

Thinking i'll visit a doctor for the first time in 5 years, seems more then enough evidence antidepresents do work, or at least have a tangible effect for better more then worse.

I still get crap from some of my family about being on anti-depressants. They have the same anti-medicine biases you mention. My aunt uses the "better living through chemistry" like an insult. I just roll my eyes and say "yep, chemical imbalances require chemical intervention"

Clinical depression is not something you can "think positively" out of like a bad mood.

As Anjele said

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 06:32 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(08-04-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Better living through chemistry...

one of my best friends since I was a teen is a psychiatrist. She says this ALL.THE.TIME!

Her other great insight occurred when we were smoking pot and watching tv, that old commercial about the egg & frying pan came on.

TV: this is your brain (shows egg)
TV: (pat of butter sizzling in a frying pan, egg drops in) this is your brain on drugs.

Dr Lisa: if it wasn't for the the drugs your brain would stick to the pan

Tongue

I loved Lexapro! Unfortunately, I was getting a side effect and the doctor took me off it. I was 'clenching' muscles all the time. I would be watching tv chilled out at home and realize my hands were in tight fists, my toes were curled under, teeth clenched together, body pulled up in a tight ball, etc. I would stretch out and within an hour be all curled up in a ball again.

But it was a wonderful for outlook and attitude.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-04-2014, 07:46 AM
(09-04-2014 06:28 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Better living through chemistry...

one of my best friends since I was a teen is a psychiatrist. She says this ALL.THE.TIME!

Her other great insight occurred when we were smoking pot and watching tv, that old commercial about the egg & frying pan came on.

TV: this is your brain (shows egg)
TV: (pat of butter sizzling in a frying pan, egg drops in) this is your brain on drugs.

Dr Lisa: if it wasn't for the the drugs your brain would stick to the pan

Tongue

Love that!

09-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Weird, I've been on 10mg Lexapro for around the past 10 or so years and it never got me loopy.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post