Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Lexapro, the fuck is this shit?
(09-04-2014 12:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Weird, I've been on 10mg Lexapro for around the past 10 or so years and it never got me loopy.

You didn't have any dizziness or nausea when you first started. Feels like I had way way too much coffee. I dropped back to 5 mg today and the sides aren't as bad.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 02:40 PM
(09-04-2014 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 12:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Weird, I've been on 10mg Lexapro for around the past 10 or so years and it never got me loopy.

You didn't have any dizziness or nausea when you first started. Feels like I had way way too much coffee. I dropped back to 5 mg today and the sides aren't as bad.

I am on the 10mg and I have nausea every time I forget to take it for a while and have to get my body used to it again.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 02:42 PM
(09-04-2014 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That should settle down in the first two weeks, probably sooner.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I just started back on Lexapro about 6 weeks ago, after being on for about 3 years, then stopping for about 3 months. I started back on 10 mg, but for some reason I need 20 mg to really get my anxiety down to "normal". My doc says they don't usually see much difference between 10 and 20, but everybody's different.

Yeah, the jitteriness and nausea should go away, but if not, you may need to try another med if you find it intolerable. There are a bunch of anti-depressants now, some better than others regarding different side effects. Lexapro seems to help with anxiety as well as depression for me, once I get the dosage right.

Another fun side effect - delayed ejaculation... well, my wife seems to enjoy it, anyway...
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post
09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna at least ask about Nuvigil when I go back in a couple weeks. How the fuck I'm supposed to know whether I need more serotonin or more dopamine? How the fuck is shrink supposed to know? Trial and error? Probably need more of both.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
(09-04-2014 03:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thanks everyone. I'm gonna at least ask about Nuvigil when I go back in a couple weeks. How the fuck I'm supposed to know whether I need more serotonin or more dopamine? How the fuck is shrink supposed to know? Trial and error? Probably need more of both.

No problem man. It's been a wonder drug for me and I've gotten a few of my friends on it because they were having issues with other meds.

I dunno if there's some way to tell which chemical you need. My shrink just basically used trial and error to find the drug that worked and the dosage that worked.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
(09-04-2014 02:40 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You didn't have any dizziness or nausea when you first started. Feels like I had way way too much coffee. I dropped back to 5 mg today and the sides aren't as bad.

I am on the 10mg and I have nausea every time I forget to take it for a while and have to get my body used to it again.

That doesn't happen to me either. I think I've just been on it for so long that my body is used to it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
09-04-2014, 03:49 PM
(09-04-2014 03:07 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I dunno if there's some way to tell which chemical you need. My shrink just basically used trial and error to find the drug that worked and the dosage that worked.

I don't think there's any blood tests. My money's on the weed growers to provide an effective treatment for a variety of mental illnesses sooner than the shrinks. The pharmaceuticals feel too ... Consider ... harsh.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-04-2014, 04:14 PM
(09-04-2014 03:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 03:07 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I dunno if there's some way to tell which chemical you need. My shrink just basically used trial and error to find the drug that worked and the dosage that worked.

I don't think there's any blood tests. My money's on the weed growers to provide an effective treatment for a variety of mental illnesses sooner than the shrinks. The pharmaceuticals feel too ... Consider ... harsh.

I think lexapro in one of the serotonin re uptake inhibitors.
It may zoom in on your more needy neuro transmitters, better than its cousins...
A non SSRI , Serzone helped me but multiple liver failures saw it taken off the market.
At least one prominent American shrink is highly critical of the real benefits of anti depressants.
Talk therapy, such as CBT, as an adjunct, may be helpful.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
09-04-2014, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 05:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-04-2014 04:14 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Talk therapy, such as CBT, as an adjunct, may be helpful.

Doc asked me if I wanted that. Told him I don't even like to talk to my own family let alone some stranger. He just nodded and a $100 and 10 minutes later, he just wrote me a script. ... Shrinks don't fuck around. they got pharmaceuticals and shit.Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post