Liar Liar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2014 12:27 AM by Wicked Clown.)
Liar Liar
Honesty! What a far-reaching virtue. If everyone were honest, imagine what a world this would be...

So I'm almost always open to sharing personal information ( including email and phone # with almost anyone.) and all of my flaws and faults.

Here is when I lie. If I were sock puppeting (this isn't a sock account i promise), I might lie to a Doctor or tell half truths to get on feel good pain or anxiety medication, occasional shoplifting which is a dishonest act in itself; and I sometimes lie to my loved ones about my drug use on occasion.

If someone gives me a gift I don't like, or really likes a new look that I think is ugly, I don't want to be honest.

Since I'm in an IRTS facility if I use a mind altering chemical I'm liable to lie or tell a half truth to the counselor.

Okay, if we were in Nazi Germany and I were hiding Jews in my crawlspace, lying would be very important.

In what circumstances do you tell lies?
Or...Do you have something you would like to share about the virtue of Honesty?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Liar Liar
Yeah, I agree lying can be important. If I told the truth 100% of the time it would involve telling half the people I meet that they are retarded morons, I'm sure people would take that badly.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Sometimes I exaggerate or am sarcastic but I don't consider that dishonest. Like saying "that's the nicest thing anyone ever said to me".

I would rarely say that. is it a dishonest statement?

Or quoting scripture to a girl "yours is more than mortal beauty, every word you speak is full of grace". That is a hyperbole, playful teasing, and sometimes sarcastic, but not dishonest or mockery, no?

Calling your cute daughter PRINCESS isn't dishonest or mockery. Now crowning Jesus with Thorns, putting a purple robe on him, and kneeling before him shouting "Hail King of the Jews",...that is mockery. See the difference?
29-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Are you trying to justify your shitty behavior with "well, lying is good because Germans who hid Jews had to lie.."?
Because it seems that way.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2014, 11:19 PM
(29-07-2014 10:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you trying to justify your shitty behavior with "well, lying is good because Germans who hid Jews had to lie.."?

Muffs I didn't read it that way at all. ,.

No one wants to be a liar but sometimes we fib to save feelings.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-07-2014, 12:22 AM
(29-07-2014 10:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you trying to justify your shitty behavior with "well, lying is good because Germans who hid Jews had to lie.."?
no not at all. Im actually usually an extremely honest person who will disclose all my personal information to anyone who really wanted to know. meaning I don't hide things from people unless those circumstances mentioned are there. Was just listing a few of the circumstances where I would tell a lie and wondering if anybody else would like to share situations where a lie is warranted.
30-07-2014, 07:20 AM
(29-07-2014 05:40 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  In what circumstances do you tell lies?

Honey, do these jeans make my ass look fat?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
30-07-2014, 07:43 AM
(30-07-2014 07:20 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 05:40 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  In what circumstances do you tell lies?

Honey, do these jeans make my ass look fat?
It's a trick question; the only viable option is to run away. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
30-07-2014, 08:01 AM
(30-07-2014 07:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 07:20 AM)BnW Wrote:  Honey, do these jeans make my ass look fat?
It's a trick question; the only viable option is to run away. Laugh out load

I don't see a problem with a fat ass.Blush

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-07-2014, 08:04 AM
(30-07-2014 08:01 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 07:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  It's a trick question; the only viable option is to run away. Laugh out load

I don't see a problem with a fat ass. Blush

AMEN PRAISE GWYNETH.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post