Liberal confusion about Islam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Liberal confusion about Islam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0plC24Yu...freload=10

What if a poll was take which indicated that 64% of Americans supported the death penalty for homosexuality, atheism, or leaving the Christian faith to become a Muslim?

A poll of Egyptians determined that 64% of them supported the death penalty for leaving Islam. As I said before, some cultures are superior to others and the criteria for judging superiority the placement of human rights above religious freedoms.

Sarah Haider (of Ex-Muslims of North America) gave this talk before a 2015 gathering of the American Humanist Association, in which she discusses the confusion amidst the liberal community concerning Islam.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
RE: Liberal confusion about Islam.
(11-06-2015 02:16 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0plC24Yu...freload=10

What if a poll was take which indicated that 64% of Americans supported the death penalty for homosexuality, atheism, or leaving the Christian faith to become a Muslim?

A poll of Egyptians determined that 64% of them supported the death penalty for leaving Islam. As I said before, some cultures are superior to others and the criteria for judging superiority the placement of human rights above religious freedoms.

Sarah Haider (of Ex-Muslims of North America) gave this talk before a 2015 gathering of the American Humanist Association, in which she discusses the confusion amidst the liberal community concerning Islam.

If that American poll were taken with those results, I'd probably condemn those (presumably Christian) reactionaries with the same heat that I condemn Muslim reactionaries. Probably more, because it's in my back yard. But I'd also be sure to praise and support the minority who AREN'T frothing at the mouth. Because dude, you cut out a tumor (even if the tumor is bigger than the limb it's on) with a scalpel, not a chain saw. Distinguish between healthy flesh and diseased flesh. Don't condemn the 36% of Egyptians along with the 64%.

Also, how indicative is a poll of Egyptians with regard to Muslims worldwide? Of Muslims in the Western world? In this or that Western nation specifically?

I'm watching the video now, and am in agreement in some points and disagreement in others. I'll post a response to it later.
11-06-2015, 03:33 PM
(11-06-2015 03:20 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 02:16 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0plC24Yu...freload=10

If that American poll were taken with those results, I'd probably condemn those (presumably Christian) reactionaries with the same heat that I condemn Muslim reactionaries. Probably more, because it's in my back yard. But I'd also be sure to praise and support the minority who AREN'T frothing at the mouth. Because dude, you cut out a tumor (even if the tumor is bigger than the limb it's on) with a scalpel, not a chain saw. Distinguish between healthy flesh and diseased flesh. Don't condemn the 36% of Egyptians along with the 64%.

Also, how indicative is a poll of Egyptians with regard to Muslims worldwide? Of Muslims in the Western world? In this or that Western nation specifically?

I'm watching the video now, and am in agreement in some points and disagreement in others. I'll post a response to it later.

If the tumor is sufficiently aggressive, radical amputation is called for.
A lot of good tissue is sacrificed to save the patient. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Quote: Don't condemn the 36% of Egyptians along with the 64%.

What do you want us to do? Exempt them by name?

Achmed the cab driver is okay but Achmed the camel fucker is a stone-throwing nut?

I am a liberal but all religions suck and get no respect from me at all.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-06-2015, 05:54 PM

It is possible to do virtually anything with pols and statistics.
As for religion and human rights, I very much value the separation of State from religion.
Personally I'd support an encouragement bonus to have them leave the most ostensibly evil forms of religion.