Liberalism is bad word for Christians... REALLY?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Liberalism is bad word for Christians... REALLY?
(27-12-2015 04:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Your brother sounds like a fucking moron. Treat him as such.

Every family seems to have one.

He's not a stupid kid. It's just that he's a victim religious indoctrination. No wonder why Richard Dawkins consider child indoctrination abusive.

Heart War Angel Sylia
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2015, 10:37 PM
(27-12-2015 05:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 12:28 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  It was liberals who fought against slavery (and slavery was acceptable to the Christian God)

Dear lord. Talk about re-writing history. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republican support but only 23% Democrat support in congress. Read:

"The Democrats controlled the national government 1852-60. Presidents Pierce and Buchanan were friendly to Southern interests. In the North, the newly formed anti-slavery Republican Party came to power... The conservative Southern Democrats, reflecting the views of the late John C. Calhoun, insisted slavery was national." Also "The Radical Republicans ... strongly opposed slavery during the war and after the war distrusted ex-Confederates, demanding harsh policies for the former rebels, and emphasizing civil rights and voting rights for the "freedmen" (recently freed slaves). They were opposed during the War ... by the pro-slavery Democratic Party."

(27-12-2015 12:28 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  So how is it that liberalism is bad when liberalism challenges the socially untenable status quo that's being championed by conservatives?

Classic liberalism does, yes. But the people who today call themselves 'liberals' are just conservatives who like to spend other people's money. They're still pro-war, and anti-rights. Gay marriage is an example. Democrats even more than Republicans insist the government has the right to decide who can and cannot get married and requires a government-issued license. There are still families that are denied the right to marry because of this (like polygamy). A true, classic liberal, has always argued that any consenting adults have the right to sign a contract to share ownership of propriety, and parenting rights, etc.

The US democrats have turned liberal into a dirty word because at one point it meant people were free to choose (liberal from the latin word liber meaning free), and now they use the word to mean the exact opposite: a repressive state that micro-manages every aspect of one's life, denies people the freedom to choose, and uses violence to achieve all its means.

You sound like a libertarian.

Heart War Angel Sylia
[+] 1 user Likes Sylia Gray's post
27-12-2015, 10:41 PM
(27-12-2015 07:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 05:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Dear lord. Talk about re-writing history. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republican support but only 23% Democrat support in congress. Read:

"The Democrats controlled the national government 1852-60. Presidents Pierce and Buchanan were friendly to Southern interests. In the North, the newly formed anti-slavery Republican Party came to power... The conservative Southern Democrats, reflecting the views of the late John C. Calhoun, insisted slavery was national." Also "The Radical Republicans ... strongly opposed slavery during the war and after the war distrusted ex-Confederates, demanding harsh policies for the former rebels, and emphasizing civil rights and voting rights for the "freedmen" (recently freed slaves). They were opposed during the War ... by the pro-slavery Democratic Party."

Classic liberalism does, yes. But the people who today call themselves 'liberals' are just conservatives who like to spend other people's money. They're still pro-war, and anti-rights. Gay marriage is an example. Democrats even more than Republicans insist the government has the right to decide who can and cannot get married and requires a government-issued license. There are still families that are denied the right to marry because of this (like polygamy). A true, classic liberal, has always argued that any consenting adults have the right to sign a contract to share ownership of propriety, and parenting rights, etc.

The US democrats have turned liberal into a dirty word because at one point it meant people were free to choose (liberal from the latin word liber meaning free), and now they use the word to mean the exact opposite: a repressive state that micro-manages every aspect of one's life, denies people the freedom to choose, and uses violence to achieve all its means.
What is wrong with people? ??

Liberal does not equal Democrat. Conservative doesn't equal republican.

These aren't some directly interchangeable terms that for some reason people want to bicker about with.

Exactly my point! I wasn't even referring to any political party in the original thread anyway.

Heart War Angel Sylia
[+] 1 user Likes Sylia Gray's post
27-12-2015, 10:42 PM
(27-12-2015 06:18 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 05:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fuck off. Stop telling me what I mean or believe. You are a presumptuous ass.

Two years ago I told you the only thing you disagreed with libertarians on was that you wanted to use force & violence and we don't. You told me to stop telling you what you believe and be presumptuous. I challenged you to name just one policy point where your position wasn't exactly what I said it was. After 2 years you still can't name one, proving that I understood your belief system from the very beginning, and you still don't know what you believe.

Sure, I get cocky and presumptuous because you guys can't even try to defend your absurd position. Cjlr FINALLY stopped pretending he didn't understand what 'force' meant and conceded that the only thing dividing us is the use of force/violence, but says it's because without it one dies. So I challenged him to name anybody who died because of a lack of a violence, or a society that collapsed for not having enough violence. Since common sense says it's the opposite. He still can't muster a response.

I challenged EvolitionKills to answer 5 simple a or b questions, and predicted he would refuse. And he did. That's why I come across presumptuous and cocky.

Fuck off. I haven't stated a position that I have to defend. Drinking Beverage

When you start actually arguing rationally, maybe I will engage your arguments. I'm not holding my breath. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-12-2015, 11:16 PM
(27-12-2015 10:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fuck off. I haven't stated a position that I have to defend. Drinking Beverage

Yes, you did. When I said the only policy difference between us is that you want to use force & violence to accomplish your objectives, you said I was dead wrong. That's a stated position, and the ball is in your court to list one policy that doesn't fit the bill.

I've been waiting 2 years and you're still backed into a corner, unable to respond except to hurl insults. If you want a productive debate either (a) acknowledge I was right all along, or (b) state what policy doesn't fit the bill. Pretty simple, eh.
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2015, 11:40 PM
(27-12-2015 11:16 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 10:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fuck off. I haven't stated a position that I have to defend. Drinking Beverage

Yes, you did. When I said the only policy difference between us is that you want to use force & violence to accomplish your objectives, you said I was dead wrong. That's a stated position, and the ball is in your court to list one policy that doesn't fit the bill.

I bet you think atheism is a claim, too. You need some thinking lessons.

Quote:I've been waiting 2 years and you're still backed into a corner, unable to respond except to hurl insults. If you want a productive debate either (a) acknowledge I was right all along, or (b) state what policy doesn't fit the bill. Pretty simple, eh.

I am backed into no corner.
I do not choose to engage you because you are careless with facts. There is no point in engaging a careless libertard such as you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-12-2015, 11:43 PM
This Frank guy makes me wanna get get drunk.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-12-2015, 11:45 PM
(27-12-2015 11:16 PM)frankksj Wrote:  

I've been waiting 2 years and you're still backed into a corner, unable to respond except to hurl insults. If you want a productive debate either (a) acknowledge I was right all along, or (b) state what policy doesn't fit the bill. Pretty simple, eh.

Do you get the majority of your self-actualization and self-gratification from the internet pretending you have somehow bested your intellectual superiors? .... 'Cause you're not very good at it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-12-2015, 11:53 PM
(27-12-2015 11:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  This Frank guy makes me wanna get get drunk.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-12-2015, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 12:04 AM by frankksj.)
(27-12-2015 11:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am backed into no corner.
I do not choose to engage you because you are careless with facts. There is no point in engaging a careless libertard such as you.

Choose not to engage?! You've responded to my posts hundreds of times. And each time I keep challenging you to name one policy, and you keep resorting to name calling. If you weren't backed into a corner, then why waste the time making hundreds of posts calling me names--just list the policy and we'd be done with this argument and stop wasting each other's time?

And, yes, I'm cocky with you because I already know you're never going to name one policy we disagree on that doesn't involve you using force because it doesn't exist. Even if I taunt you like this:

Chas, if you state the policy that proves me wrong, I promise to make one final post where I acknowledge that you were right all along, and I'm an idiot and a loser who can't compete with your sheer genius. Heck, I can even throw in money. And offer my first born child. And both my kidneys. It's a completely safe bet because I know how you guys think. If someone has something you want, use force and take it. If someone does something you don't like, use force and make them stop. It's in our DNA that you use force & violence to solve any problem that comes your way, and you've made it crystal clear you will never resist that primal instinct.