Liberalism is bad word for Christians... REALLY?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2015, 12:08 AM
RE: Liberalism is bad word for Christians... REALLY?
(27-12-2015 11:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Do you get the majority of your self-actualization and self-gratification from the internet pretending you have somehow bested your intellectual superiors? .... 'Cause you're not very good at it.

Actually it comes from the fact that I challenged everyone to come up with just one political policy question that a libertarian can't answer directly and honestly, and nobody can do it. Yet, I've done it with Chas, Cjlr, EvolutionKills, etc., and every time safely predicted they'll run from the question and refuse to answer it. And been right every time.

Chas: Name a policy we disagree on that doesn't involve you using force.

Cjlr: Who are these people you claim die in the absence of violence, and what societies failed for a lack of violence?

EvolutionKills: Answer those 5 simple a or b questions.

to everyone: Name one country that ever suffered by being too libertarian (ie having it's citizens be too free to make choices without being coerced or forced to do things against their will)?
etc., etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2015, 12:10 AM
(28-12-2015 12:08 AM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 11:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Do you get the majority of your self-actualization and self-gratification from the internet pretending you have somehow bested your intellectual superiors? .... 'Cause you're not very good at it.

Actually it comes from the fact that I challenged everyone to come up with just one political policy question that a libertarian can't answer directly and honestly, and nobody can do it. Yet, I've done it with Chas, Cjlr, EvolutionKills, etc., and every time safely predicted they'll run from the question and refuse to answer it. And been right every time.

Chas: Name a policy we disagree on that doesn't involve you using force.

Cjlr: Who are these people you claim die in the absence of violence, and what societies failed for a lack of violence?

EvolutionKills: Answer those 5 simple a or b questions.

etc., etc.

Damn dude. Go pay attention to your wife and kids.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-12-2015, 12:22 AM
(28-12-2015 12:08 AM)frankksj Wrote:  to everyone: Name one country that ever suffered by being too libertarian (ie having it's citizens be too free to make choices without being coerced or forced to do things against their will)?
etc., etc.

Actually, this brings to mind a question. Name one that survived?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-12-2015, 01:17 AM
(27-12-2015 06:18 PM)frankksj Wrote:  I challenged EvolitionKills to answer 5 simple a or b questions, and predicted he would refuse. And he did. That's why I come across presumptuous and cocky.

Because your questions were immaterial, and designed to attack a position you assumed I had, rather than arguing against anything I actually said you presumptuous moron. If I refuse to die on the hill you want me to, and you consider my sidestep of your strawman effigy a victory, you're even dumber than you already sound you inept fuck. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2015, 01:22 AM
(28-12-2015 12:08 AM)frankksj Wrote:  Cjlr: Who are these people you claim die in the absence of violence, and what societies failed for a lack of violence?

A nation of pacifist can be killed by a single psychopath with a knife. Drinking Beverage

What are you going to do to prevent his killings, except to initiate force against him? You either must restrain him, or otherwise keep him separate from everyone else, both of which require force and a denial of the attack's 'freedom' to kill whoever he chooses.

I imagine cjlr also didn't appreciate you projecting your masturbatory imaginary opinions on him, and thus stop responding to you, because you're a presumptuous asshole.

28-12-2015, 02:30 AM
I've been thinking about the question I asked above, and I cannot think of a single nation that survived without a form of government for some time. Including governments run by royalty.

Athens I suppose was democratic but was defeated by Sparta. Then Alexander came along and then the Roman republic lasted around 200 years but was run by the Patrician class. Then it became a military dictatorship with a standing army.
In China there were the emperors.

I cannot think of one nation that survived as libertarian. Am I missing something?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
28-12-2015, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 02:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(28-12-2015 02:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I cannot think of one nation that survived as libertarian. Am I missing something?

You're missing the fact that Franky is a hyperbolic jackass.

He attacks 'the left' as if it's some sort of monolithic force for control and evil, as if Democrats are the living embodiment of Lord Sauron from the Lord of the Rings.

But I don't think Fanky is an anarco-capitalist Libertarian literalist, although it's hard to tell because his writing is shit and filled with hyperbolic vitriol. Plus he cannot be bothered to actually argue points with people, instead preferring to rip apart his own manufactured strawmen; then reveling in their destruction, and like Don Quixote, pretending like he has actually slayed the dragon itself.

I think that most of us here can agree that freedom is good, and should be something we strive for. But everyone else short of Franky seems to be cogent of the fact that regulations and government intervention is necessary. Anti-discrimination policies and regulations are a good thing, because telling discriminated blacks to just open their own 'no-whites-only' restaurants was not an adequate solution to the civil rights problem. The right to be free from discrimination is wroth the cost of losing the freedom to discriminate; equality is worth the cost, equality is worth fighting for. The freedom to discriminate against your fellow citizens based on their race, religion, gender (and potentially other categories we may add later as our society evolves), is simply not a 'freedom' worth having; the cost in lost inequality is too much.

The world is never as black and white as Franky's myopic and skewed rambling might lead you to believe. He may be colorblind, but that doesn't mean we are.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2015, 02:50 AM
I agree EK. But can you think of such a nation as I mentioned? I am wracking my tired drug infused brain.

Banjo.
28-12-2015, 02:52 AM
(27-12-2015 04:00 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  I think you took my original thread out of context.

I know the Republican party was more liberal in the past but I never brought up political parties in the original thread. And yes I do think it would think it would be better for American democracy if it wasn't just dominated by 2 political parties but actually many political parties each with equal representation. But going back to the original thread, I was not referring to republicans and democrats. Just liberals and conservatives.

No, I didn't.

You're still thinking of people as "digital" rather than "analog".

My point still holds -- you're assuming that there is really a majority of people that can be classified as "either/or". Liberal/conservative.

Damned few people fit the mold of political perception.

Take me - I'm in favor of abortion on demand. I'm in favor of equal rights for the LGBT folks. I'm a heavily armed atheist, who is anti-union - and anti-big government......

Which am I? Conservative, or liberal?????

Neither.... I'm me.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-12-2015, 02:55 AM
(28-12-2015 02:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No, I didn't.

You're still thinking of people as "digital" rather than "analog".

My point still holds -- you're assuming that there is really a majority of people that can be classified as "either/or". Liberal/conservative.

Damned few people fit the mold of political perception.

Take me - I'm in favor of abortion on demand. I'm in favor of equal rights for the LGBT folks. I'm a heavily armed atheist, who is anti-union - and anti-big government......

Which am I? Conservative, or liberal?????

Neither.... I'm me.

This is it. Nice to know you OB.

Banjo.