Libertarian Debate 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Libertarian Debate 2016
(29-05-2016 10:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 10:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that's what I think too. But I'm not sure. Neither Johnson or Weld are assholes.

Well, it's not like those are mutually exclusive. But Libertarinan empathy, from what I've seen, doesn't seem to extend beyond 'me and mine'. They might care about their family, but there's no justification within their hard on for personal property rights that addresses poverty and homelessness outside of 'sucks to be them'.

That's not what Johnson and Weld are preaching.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2016, 12:13 AM
(29-05-2016 10:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 10:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, it's not like those are mutually exclusive. But Libertarinan empathy, from what I've seen, doesn't seem to extend beyond 'me and mine'. They might care about their family, but there's no justification within their hard on for personal property rights that addresses poverty and homelessness outside of 'sucks to be them'.

That's not what Johnson and Weld are preaching.

Well, the less Libertarian they are, the better I guess. Full die-hard Randians scare the shit out of me.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Not all Libertarians are anti-safety-net, believe it or not. There's a continuum of views on it that (unsurprisingly, considering the Libertarian mindset) doesn't comport with the party line. I'm not a member of the party, but I'm registered on voting rolls as a Libertarian, and I (and many others) understand that safety-net programs fit into a government scheme insofar as they aid stability, 'cause hungry people riot and behead, etc etc.
30-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Here's another gem from the Libertarian Party:

No wonder third parties in the US never get elected.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-05-2016, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2016 03:36 AM by GirlyMan.)
(30-05-2016 02:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Here's another gem from the Libertarian Party:

I think I know that dude. If you can't have fun at a convention what's the point?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-05-2016, 04:37 AM
(30-05-2016 03:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 02:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Here's another gem from the Libertarian Party:

I think I know that dude. If you can't have fun at a convention what's the point?

[Image: l-221143.jpg]

Thumbsup

30-05-2016, 04:41 AM
Also, remember Luminon? The dude who advocated shooting IRS agents in self defense?

Good times...

30-05-2016, 05:32 AM
(30-05-2016 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, remember Luminon? The dude who advocated shooting IRS agents in self defense?
I met up with him in Prague earlier his year. He's a peculiar guy for sure, but I like him. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-05-2016, 06:14 AM
(30-05-2016 05:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, remember Luminon? The dude who advocated shooting IRS agents in self defense?
I met up with him in Prague earlier his year. He's a peculiar guy for sure, but I like him. Tongue

I wish I knew you were in Prague , maybe we could`ve had few dark Kozels.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
31-05-2016, 08:14 PM
You gotta wonder about the people who go out seeking power to begin with, I've known great people in my life who were teachers, doctors, soldiers and law enforcement who would make a great president or at the very least a mayor or governor but they won't run. They are too honest, too good to go down that road of fake speeches, fund raisers just begging for money and slinging dirt at the other guy. It takes a strong person to wade through all that shit and make it to the other side with some values left, some integrity.

Doesn't matter who wins, like Abe Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post